• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010
    I rather liked I Am Legend but maybe that's because of the dog !
    He's the star in it for me ... biggrin
    The scene were he's wounded and turns and Will eventually has to kill him was ... snif ... snif ... sad ...
    I loved the visuals as well in the film , the only rather annoying thing were the obvious cgi creatures !
    Why didn't they just use real people with some good old make-up applied to them like in The Omega Man ?!
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would happily re-watch The Omega Man, a far FAR more entertaining film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I would happily re-watch The Omega Man, a far FAR more entertaining film.

A must watch classic IMO ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  1. Eric wrote
    The scene were he's wounded and turns and Will eventually has to kill him was ... snif ... snif ... sad ...

for me it also shows the incredible talent of Will Smith as an actor, his face alone sometimes speaks louder than words
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Eric wrote

for me it also shows the incredible talent of Will Smith as an actor, his face alone sometimes speaks louder than words

Seriously? I think Smith is a quite mediochre actor, he's entertaining but I'd put him in the same realm of ability as Brad Pitt....perhaps a little under that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Eric wrote

Seriously? I think Smith is a quite mediochre actor, he's entertaining but I'd put him in the same realm of ability as Brad Pitt....perhaps a little under that.

well I grew up with him during the Fresh Prince years, I was immediately convinced he was a top notch actor. He always gets these macho roles, but in truth he acts much more emotional during most of them. I am Legend is simply one of the many examples
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Smith has some good moments but nothing to rave about, imo. I wouldn't mind if he and his brat spoiled kids never showed on screen (big and small) in the first place.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Smith has some good moments but nothing to rave about, imo. I wouldn't mind if he and his brat spoiled kids never showed on screen (big and small) in the first place.

That's rude
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's rude? That his brats are spoiled and most people are annoyed with them? Check the internet out, i am not alone smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Moon is awesome!!!

Recently I saw How To Train Your Dragon which unfortunately didn't live it up to the hype. It was cute but not really as good as I expected.

Cute? uhm

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Inception. One movie that becomes more confusing on repeat viewing. :mindfuck:
  4. I find Will smith a charming presence, even in the movies I don't really like - Pursuit of Happyness, Men in Black, Independence Day, etc.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. I was hoping that seeing Inception again would make it more understandable!

I enjoyed I Am Legend - though the longer it was on the less interesting I found it. The feel that was set up was good and I thought Will Smith did a good job of toning himself down and just acting.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. franz_conrad wrote
    I find Will smith a charming presence, even in the movies I don't really like - Pursuit of Happyness, Men in Black, Independence Day, etc.

Well said! Here's a guy who can effortlessly carry a film and look cool as well.

I can't believe anyone having watched his Fresh Prince character during those early years not becoming an immediate fan...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I enjoyed I Am Legend - though the longer it was on the less interesting I found it. The feel that was set up was good and I thought Will Smith did a good job of toning himself down and just acting.

Me too. He carries that film and I almost always enjoy watching him.
  7. For a more believable and restrained yet heartwrenching performance check him out in Seven Pounds. Really wonderful little film.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. I don't think I could enjoy Will Smith in anything now other than an action movie.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't think I could enjoy Will Smith in anything now other than retirement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Finished up watching another Wallender. High quality BBC material.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    I don't think I could enjoy Will Smith in anything now other than retirement.

That's rude. You ignorant bs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wrote
    For those of you interested in the Indian remake of The Omen, the movie is in Tamil language and is called Janma Nakshatram (a.k.a Jenma Nakshatram). The title translates to 'birth star'. The full movie can be watched for free at BigFlix (some movies might be blocked depending on your country). The acting is atrocious. There aren't any songs but there's a parallel comedic story for 'masala' purposes.
    http://www.mybigflix.com/home/movies/je … atram/1109
    http://www.tamilflix.net/2010/03/19/jen … ch-online/ (this link should work irrespective of where you are, but the video quality is just ok)

Thanks BP. That does indeed look baaaaaad. Not so bad it's good, as I had hoped, but so bad it's just plain bad.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Memoirs of a geisha

Perhaps I'm just bad at accents, but I missed several important lines because I couldn't understand what people were saying. In any case, I didn't enjoy the movie much. I thought many of the lines seemed like perfect, poetic sound bites that it became too phony. The blue-eyed geisha was particularly bad at line-delivery. The chick who played tbe mean geisha was a much better actress in my opinion.

Still, a beautiful movie. Alot of consideration had gone into each scene.

My rating: 5 out of 10

A history of violence

Good movie, but I thought the violence seemed a bit too phony. Viggo Mortensen might as well have had a batman costume on the entire movie. Eastern promises was way cooler.

My rating: 6

Peter smile
  9. I like em both, but Geisha is the one I love. And don't forget Zhang Ziyi (the blue eyed one) couldn't speak english prior to this film. So perhaps it's her chinese way of talking mixed with the english language that makes her line delivery a bit weird. I thought she did a marvellous job being the naive girl thrown into an adult world and I can spend an entire day looking at a natural beauty like that. The mean geisha is Gong Li by the way, and she does have way more acting experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Ahh, that makes it more understandable then. She was indeed a treat for the eyes.

Peter smile
  10. And those are not her natural eyes, sadly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    Memoirs of a geisha

Perhaps I'm just bad at accents, but I missed several important lines because I couldn't understand what people were saying. In any case, I didn't enjoy the movie much. I thought many of the lines seemed like perfect, poetic sound bites that it became too phony. The blue-eyed geisha was particularly bad at line-delivery. The chick who played tbe mean geisha was a much better actress in my opinion.

Still, a beautiful movie. Alot of consideration had gone into each scene.

A history of violence

Good movie, but I thought the violence seemed a bit too phony. Viggo Mortensen might as well have had a batman costume on the entire movie. Eastern promises was way cooler.

My rating: 6

Peter smile

Memoirs of a geisha is a very boring movie, imo. Tried to watch it and switched it off halfway, twice. But i've seen the other half at the tv, i caught it one day and snoozed towards the end again smile

I absolutely loved History of violence though.
  11. Boring? Jimmy, you never cease to amaze me. rolleyes

Whatever will you say next? Believe me when I say I look forward to it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    plindboe wrote
    Memoirs of a geisha

I thought the film was so ravishing to look at, I was willing to forgive all the various bad things about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Fantastic Mr Fox

Very odd and I can't imagine any children would like it, but I enjoyed it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2010 edited
    Southall wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Memoirs of a geisha

I thought the film was so ravishing to look at, I was willing to forgive all the various bad things about it.

Well, just the looks of it is what's so nice and polished, imo. How can someone like the film and not its gorgeous score?

Mr. DT obviously has a thing for fancy dressed underage Japanese girls. kiss