• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    Timmer wrote

cool Go forth and multiply punk

Hey, go fuck yourself too! slant

Oh wait. You meant... with the... oh. My bad.

(I will. wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Chandos are just a few miles away from where I live. Plus my Dad knows the manager. And I like film music. ...

As do we.
    And we know you.

Can you say "quantum discount"?
    I knew you could!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Welllll, I say 'knows', I think he's done some work for him sometime in the distant past? :shrug: (Structural engineer. Yeah, that's right my dad could totally beat up your dad!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Now make sure you get around to listening to Clifford Parker and Arthur Bliss.

I just added them to the cue...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, that's right my dad could totally beat up your dad!

As my dad is an 83 year old retired civil servant who in his life never even looked at a gym, I wouldn't be particularly surprised. smile

NP: Across The Universe - various artists
    These arrangements are great. Just fantastic.
    It's like visiting an old friend, but one who's just bought a boat or something.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    So Martijn, as a bit of a Beatles fan myself would you recommend this?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    YES.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    (Though I guess it would help to see the movie to appreciate the setting and colour of the arrangements. Did you see it, Timmer?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    He did not, as you would know if you paid ANY attention to the Recent Viewing thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited
    Or any attention at all. He's been taken by Fetta.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Surrogates - Richard Marvin

Boring. RC-ism with none of the flash. Should have had Marco Beltrami do the score. Hopefully the movie will be more exciting than what the music implies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lp wrote

Boring. Hopefully the movie will be more exciting than what the music implies.

Very boring indeed. The funny thing is that some suggested it's one of the year's most exciting scores!

I saw the movie last night. Big failure.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    lp wrote

Boring. Hopefully the movie will be more exciting than what the music implies.

Very boring indeed. The funny thing is that some suggested it's one of the year's most exciting scores!

I saw the movie last night. Big failure.

That sucks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    He did not, as you would know if you paid ANY attention to the Recent Viewing thread.

He didn't yet at the time.
    I would actually have expected him to completely ignore your point of view and go see it anyway.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    (Though I guess it would help to see the movie to appreciate the setting and colour of the arrangements. Did you see it, Timmer?)

No I haven't.

I think I was put off by Bono's poor version of I Am The Walrus when I saw a clip.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, that was not one of the major musical highlights (but it fits beautifully in the setting and as drug guru 'Doctor Robert' he does do a great send-up of Ken Kesey!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, that was not one of the major musical highlights (but it fits beautifully in the setting and as drug guru 'Doctor Robert' he does do a great send-up of Ken Kesey!)

Ahhhh, that makes more sense as the scene was set on a bus ( Kesey and his gang influenced the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour ).

I will see it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I will see it.

And this one goes out to Southall, with love.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I will see it.

And this one goes out to Southall, with love.

Whether he will see it is completely irrelevant. You pointlessly asked if he had already seen it even though anyone paying ANY attention would know that he hasn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    You pointlessly asked if he had already seen it even though anyone paying ANY attention would know that he hasn't.

Repetition is the sincerest...wait...I think I said that already, didn't I? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Repetition is the sincerest form of ...repetition! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Film Music of Clifton Parker - Clifton Parker
    Rumon Gamba conducts the BBC Concert Orchestra

First listen... not fond of the Treasure Island suite. Not sure if it was the performance or the just the fact that the score itself is rather heavy and lethargic. Western Approaches: Seascape was a lovely little tone poem. I'm currently listening to The Sword and the Rose. It's not really capturing my attention. Lovely music but I'm not making an emotional connection. We'll see what the rest has in store...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Film Music of Sir Arthur Bliss - Arthur Bliss
    Rumon Gamba conducts the BBC Philharmonic

Unlike the lethargic and overlong Clifton Parker album this Arthur Bliss album absolutely rocks! It opens up with the English flavoured "Welcome To Queen: March" and then dives right into the superb Things To Come which grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go. You are in for the ride of your life right from the first note. And extraordinary suite which benefits from a punchy, crystal clear recording! Man, these Chandos albums sound GREAT!!!! Looking very much forward to the rest...

-Erik-
  1. 'Things to Come' is one of the early scores I most enjoy listening to. punk
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009 edited
    IL*2 Sturmovik - Jeremy Soule

Stunning new release from Jeremy Soule!
    This is an absolute treat for any fan of classic WW2 movie music.
    Soule's Order Of War was released only a short time earlier and that was very impressive.
    Although a little shorter I think this is every bit as good if not more in some respects.
    Very rich in its orchestration with classical textures. You can easily imagine the Spitfires soaring through the skies or engaging in aerial battles.
    It's available from DirectSong at a great price just now. Check out the sound clips there.
    This one came out of the blue! I can't wait to hear what Soule comes up with next.
    Highly recommended!
  2. Atham wrote
    IL*2 Sturmovik - Jeremy Soule

After initial problems with downloading this on Sunday (and with the help of directsong.com support) I managed to get a hold of this today - and it is an exciting listen.

Jeremy Soule is on a bit of a roll at the moment with this and the recent Order of War.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. NP: The Weeping Meadow (Eleni Karaindrou)
    A heavy-hearted, eternal work.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Film Music of Sir Arthur Bliss - Arthur Bliss
    Rumon Gamba conducts the BBC Philharmonic

Unlike the lethargic and overlong Clifton Parker album this Arthur Bliss album absolutely rocks! It opens up with the English flavoured "Welcome To Queen: March" and then dives right into the superb Things To Come which grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go. You are in for the ride of your life right from the first note. And extraordinary suite which benefits from a punchy, crystal clear recording! Man, these Chandos albums sound GREAT!!!! Looking very much forward to the rest...

-Erik-

I had a feeling the Bliss work would be the one that really rocked your boat Erik ( though I've yet toi hear the CHANDOS recording ). I love the Parker album, particularly the last track ( can't remember the title but it was a documentary music for an express train ) though I agree with you on Treasure Island and I would have liked more material from Night of The Demon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    I had a feeling the Bliss work would be the one that really rocked your boat Erik ( though I've yet toi hear the CHANDOS recording ). I love the Parker album, particularly the last track ( can't remember the title but it was a documentary music for an express train ) though I agree with you on Treasure Island and I would have liked more material from Night of The Demon.

Yeah, the latter half of the Parker album is much stronger than the weak opening half. The theme from Night of the Demon is good and that last suite... Blue Pullman... is a winner. I should have given the album a bit more credit but I find it as a whole a bit much to swallow!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009 edited
    shocked UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!!!! shocked

Things To Come is SPECTACULAR! I can't get enough of "Attack on the Moon Gun." Was there ever an original soundtrack release or is there more music available else where? A grand work!

-Erik-