• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    Southall wrote
    Nice story, Pawel! I'll read your article later. Just read the first few paragraphs - looks very interesting.

Do it, a great article.

Anthony wrote
    NP : THE ROCKETEER - James Horner

First listen (yes, really)...this is bliss!

It was about time!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I may not be a fan of his music but there's no doubt in my mind that Hans is one of the nicest guys in the business, I can't imagine anyone getting that kind of response from legends like John Williams, Ennio Morricone, John Barry etc.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I may not be a fan of his music but there's no doubt in my mind that Hans is one of the nicest guys in the business, I can't imagine anyone getting that kind of response from legends like John Williams, Ennio Morricone, John Barry etc.

Absolutely not!

It can't compare with Pawel's story, but one of my proudest moments was receiving an email from Lois Carruth (Jerry Goldsmith's assistant) late in his life saying he'd read one of my reviews and was very appreciative.
  1. I think Morricone could actually do that. He is a very humble person and I actually haven't heard about any bad behavior from him regarding anyone. Williams is also a humble professional.

But imagine Bernard Herrmann's reaction biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cocoon - James Horner

I've recently come to the conclusion that I'm probably this guy's biggest fan, and yet I hadn't listened to this score until tonight. Wow, it's a very good one!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Cocoon - James Horner

I've recently come to the conclusion that I'm probably this guy's biggest fan, and yet I hadn't listened to this score until tonight. Wow, it's a very good one!

Your first time listening to Cocoon? Honestly!? shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Were it not for Goldsmith and Williams, I'd probably be his biggest fan too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I think Morricone could actually do that. He is a very humble person and I actually haven't heard about any bad behavior from him regarding anyone. Williams is also a humble professional.

Unless someone proves me wrong I don't think any of the names I mentioned would interact in the same way.

Herrmann? God knows!? shocked dizzy
  2. Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Absolutely not!

It can't compare with Pawel's story, but one of my proudest moments was receiving an email from Lois Carruth (Jerry Goldsmith's assistant) late in his life saying he'd read one of my reviews and was very appreciative.

I ain't Jerry Goldsmith (or any composer, for that matter) and I don't have personal assistants, but I am ALSO very appreciative of your reviews and there are some scores (older and, worse, Hans Zimmer scores) I'd love to read from you.
  3. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I think Morricone could actually do that. He is a very humble person and I actually haven't heard about any bad behavior from him regarding anyone. Williams is also a humble professional.

Unless someone proves me wrong I don't think any of the names I mentioned would interact in the same way.

Herrmann? God knows!? shocked dizzy

Not to THIS extent, but if given that in real life, I think Morricone and Williams would at least smile and thank in a warm way.

Herrmann could be this way:

"What the FUCK is that? Couldn't you go out, have a girl, a beer or whatever?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Absolutely not!

That is neat James! Wow!

IMAGINARUM of DOCTOR PARNASSUS | brothers danna

What I wrote here, is still valid.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - The Thin Red Line

Listening to my favorite work ever while preparing for a lecture tomorrow (I am replacing a doctor who can't attend). Publishing an essay about it here just to read a very warm comment which basically says "Yes, you were right" from Zimmer himself is an experience I will never forget and will treasure for the rest of my life.

Zimmer sent you a mail about something you wrote on here? Very cool! How did that happen?

Not a mail. I've had him as a Facebook friend for a few weeks. The article on the score (an interpretation essay) was originally written for my website and about two years later (ended it in the first weeks of January) translated to English and published it on MainTitles.

Zimmer doesn't just add anyone, in fact he doesn't appear in search. I tend to add composers to Facebook also due to my film directing dreams and I had the opportunity to chat with a few of them (Deborah Lurie, John Ottman, Mark Isham are possibly the most prominent chats I had). I was recommended by a user also here on maintitles and Zimmer, based on it, added it. The proof that it is the real deal is that he mostly adds his collaborators and was accepted by his daughter and even she tagged pictures of him.

The article was posted here on Wednesday evening to night. I linked it on my Facebook profile the same day. Thursday morning I had my student hours on the university and used the opportunity to check my mail. My heart almost stopped for a while when I read "Hans Zimmer commented on your link". It proved me even more that it is the real deal, his comment to me is in his typical style (also what triggered him being the real deal on Facebook was that he thanked Christopher Lennertz for a day in the studio). Zimmer's comment is present on my Facebook wall under my link posted to this site. That's all the story. I may quote the comment here if asked for, but if you're interested, I'd encourage you to read it on my Facebook profile. I just know that it's hard to believe (I still can't!) that Hans Zimmer commented on a work I wrote on him on my Facebook profile.

Good for you Pawel. Moments to cherish indeed. You know I still haven't seen that movie but your article convinced me to rent it soon. Thanks.

In the player today: The Hurt Locker I think this will work better in the movie. It just came out on DVD so it is on my list to see. I didn't find the score engaging at all. I kept thinking of Black Hawk Down and couldn't help but wanting to switch to that one instead.

NP Mission Impossible 3 Giacchino
    • CommentAuthoradam
    Tintin wrote

In the player today: The Hurt Locker I think this will work better in the movie. It just came out on DVD so it is on my list to see. I didn't find the score engaging at all. I kept thinking of Black Hawk Down and couldn't help but wanting to switch to that one instead.

There's nothing too special about the Hurt Locker soundtrack, but it works well in the context of the (fantastic) movie. Do see ASAP.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    adam wrote
    Tintin wrote

There's nothing too special about the Hurt Locker soundtrack, but it works well in the context of the (fantastic) movie. Do see ASAP.

I agree. Fantastic movie.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    In the Electric Mist - Marco Beltrami

Superb. One of his top three scores and one of 2009's best.

Which are his other 2 top scores? I, Robot and Hellboy?

I'd say I, Robot and I am dina.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    adam wrote
    Tintin wrote

I agree. Fantastic movie.

So, it's a good movie eh? I have had it sitting on the hard disk for long now but never quite got around actually watching it...was it directed by Goldenthal's wife if i remember correctly? No?
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Kathryn Bigelow who also did K19: The Widowmaker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    James Cameron's ex wife.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

For me, 3:10 to Yuma and The Three Burials of...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    My Top 3 Beltrami looks like this...

3. Scream
    2. I Am Dina
    1. Hellboy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am Dina is beyond words beautiful. Glad i am not the only one smile
  4. Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

For me, 3:10 to Yuma and The Three Burials of...

They'd be mine too. HELLBOY and I ROBOT would definitely be up there though. I haven't heard DINA.

NP: M BUTTERFLY (Howard Shore)

Shore's most romantic score. At times it reminds me of Elmer Bernstein.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Anthony wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Avatar is completely rubbish score. At least, Up contains more original music, but Avatar contains most repeated works, just sucks and moreover, he shamelessly copied from Hans Zimmer music. Horner is completely Shame Shame Puppy Shame guy. biggrin bounce

Your opinion is rendered invalid due to incessant complaining.

Oh! Stop it, Anthony. Fine, my opinion is invalid, so be it. OK!

Have a nice day! smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Steven wrote
    It was rendered invalid long before that. At birth I'd say.

Just shut up, Steven! you are just annoying. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    CASPER - JAMES HORNER

This is one of my favorite score of James Horner. I enjoy each every track in this score album, especially tracks like March of the Exorcists, The Fond Memories, Casper's Lullaby i enjoy even more. Very excellent score by James Horner. Ah! this is right time to play this one, its wonderful morning here. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote

No, he's not the messiah he's.....oh!? wrong thread
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote

Just replace Steven's name with Sunil's... ahhh, right on!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Oh! really? let me put this way, Just replace Steven's name with Erik Woods. This is quite better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010 edited
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Oh! really? let me put this way, Just replace Steven's name with Erik Woods. This is quite better.

:GROAN: rolleyes

-Erik-
  5. NP: Pope Joan (Barsotti)

Oh, this is pretty good. I wasn't quite in the mood until now!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am