• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Some people are saying they got shipping confirmations already.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorFrank
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    I got a shipping comformation two hours ago, so yes it's available right now.
  2. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    purchased it immediately, BTTF was one of the top 3 scores of my "to get" list, so I am thrilled it has finally been released

What are the other 2?

Innerspace and The Goonies tongue

To close the top 5: Police Academy and a League of Their Own
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. I wouldn't mind a very good release of expanded (NOT COMPLETE THOUGH!) Black Rain, a lot of good material is missing and the bootleg has awful quality and too much ambient.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. I'm sure everyone has his own personal top 5

these top 5 are scores I grew up with, and it are movies I can watch over and over again
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I wouldn't mind a very good release of expanded (NOT COMPLETE THOUGH!) Black Rain, a lot of good material is missing and the bootleg has awful quality and too much ambient.

So release a complete for those that want it and take out any tracks you don't want.
  5. Anthony, have you heard Black Rain? 10-20 minutes of the music is simply unlistenable!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Having watched the film a couple of times ( not a bad film at all ) I barely remember the music.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BLACK RAIN is a superb score, classic Zimmer etnic/power anthem stuff. The "Nick and Masada" suite on the soundtrack is nice enough, but there are some more nice pieces that could fill out a good half hour or so, I think. Yeah, that's me craving an expansion! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Anthony, have you heard Black Rain? 10-20 minutes of the music is simply unlistenable!

Anthony wrote
    So release a complete for those that want it and take out any tracks you don't want.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    But I'm not entirely sure I would recommend this one so highly to non-fans of the film? So $30 may be a little too steep for those who have no emotional connection with the film?

I've seen the first film a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the music too, but it's just one of those scores I never got around to listening to. The announcement of this release however has made me buy the trilogy in preparation for the score. It's just one of those things I shouldn't have passed up for such a long time (just like say not owning something like Raiders for another example).

*I do own Raiders and have done for many a time! This is purely an example and no blasphemy has been committed.
  6. Thor wrote
    BLACK RAIN is a superb score, classic Zimmer etnic/power anthem stuff. The "Nick and Masada" suite on the soundtrack is nice enough, but there are some more nice pieces that could fill out a good half hour or so, I think. Yeah, that's me craving an expansion! smile

I didn't know Jerry Goldsmith did additional music on that one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thor wrote

I didn't know Jerry Goldsmith did additional music on that one!

He, he..."Nick and MASA", sorry.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I wouldn't mind a very good release of expanded (NOT COMPLETE THOUGH!) Black Rain, a lot of good material is missing and the bootleg has awful quality and too much ambient.

Or they could just produce a proper album in the first place. Just an idea.
  7. Yeah lol. It were the 1980s, Zimmer wasn't a big name by then and it was a Ridley Scott movie. Zimmer had to rescore most of the movie anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've seen the film a few times (really like it) but don't remember anything at all about the score.

My previous comment was really in response to Anthony's suggestion that we produce our own albums.
  8. Has one of Zimmer's best anthems - Nick and Masa. Some cool rock action music and some really bad ambient, but generally a very effective and good score. There are more highlights than there was realeased on the album, but a complete release would suck, due to the amount of ambient. Lack of Joyce's Theme on the original release is a crime.
  9. Frank wrote
    I got a shipping comformation two hours ago, so yes it's available right now.

I got my "fulfilled" e-mail about 7 hours ago. So, it should be with me within 7-10 days.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Miya, do you have Paypal? PM me or contact on Facebook, I might buy the release next week when I get money, you would return them somehow?

Thanks! smile but probably I will buy it at Tower Records, where some other limited releases are still in stock...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  10. Appearently they've already blown threw 3,000 copies so now people have to wait until they get more back in stock.

I knew that even at the high amount pressed, which I am guessing falls around 6,000, it would go quickly. But damn.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  11. Well it is one of the most requested film scores of all time. It's normal it's selling by the shitload. IMO they should've done like Star Trek II. I can imagine both these scores are very much in demand.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    justin boggan wrote
    Appearently they've already blown threw 3,000 copies so now people have to wait until they get more back in stock.

I knew that even at the high amount pressed, which I am guessing falls around 6,000, it would go quickly. But damn.

That is insane! Is this a record? I can't think of anything else that sold this fast! shocked
  12. justin boggan wrote
    Appearently they've already blown threw 3,000 copies so now people have to wait until they get more back in stock.

not surprising, because it IS or WAS one of the most requested scores ever
    I just hope the people that wanted it all this time get their release, including little old me smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Good job I'm waiting until Christmas, but damn. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Some here will think I'm mad but I'm still undecided as to buying it or not.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  13. Timmer wrote

I don't think you're mad

just a fool rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin

It cost me $38, but like I said above somewhere, this is one release that shouldn't be passed up. And I'm not even familiar with the score other than knowing the fanfare.

So it'd better be good!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

I don't think you're mad

just a fool rolleyes

Words that will come back to bite you at some point my friend tongue wink
  14. Anthony wrote
    biggrin

It cost me $38, but like I said above somewhere, this is one release that shouldn't be passed up. And I'm not even familiar with the score other than knowing the fanfare.
    So it'd better be good![/small]

it is a fan favourite, and many people on this board grew up with it, so it's hard to tell if you would like it as much as we're gonna like it

but there are tracks on it that already make me drool
  15. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

I don't think you're mad

just a fool rolleyes

Words that will come back to bite you at some point my friend tongue wink

I know, but you had it coming buddy wink