• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    If Return to Bambi is NOT mickey mousing then i don't know what is.

That wasn't meant to be a list of non-mickey mousing scores.

And I can't believe that I left Broughton's PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES off the list!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    If Return to Bambi is NOT mickey mousing then i don't know what is.

That wasn't meant to be a list of non-mickey mousing scores.

And I can't believe that I left Broughton's PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES off the list!

PRIVATE LIFE OF?

Have I missed something? confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Oops.

I meant Rozsa's YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES. dizzy wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. okay, what's the deal with Beowulf?

Yesterday I saw Beowulf director's cut on Bluray, and when I saw that we reached the end battle I started to really pay attention on how Silvestri's track 'Beowulf slays the Beast' would work in context.

And suddenly I realized it just doesn't feature in it, but a completely new (and I must say) better sounding action track. What's the deal? On CD this version, in the film a completely different track and not stating the theme at all? Did I miss something?

Can somebody give me an explanation?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008 edited
    I remember this happened in Spiderman 1 too. During the Parade Attack sequence there's this part when Spidey saves a kid from a falling punctured balloon. In the movie this part had new music with some great string work, but on the CD (and even the "film version" extended cue I found) there is another alternate with synth stuff.

I think they sometimes change part of the score at the eleventh hour and track in some other stuff, though I dunno why.
  4. DemonStar wrote
    I remember this happened in Spiderman 1 too. During the Parade Attack sequence there's this part when Spidey saves a kid from a falling punctured balloon. In the movie this part had new music with some great string work, but on the CD (and even the "film version" extended cue I found) there is another alternate with synth stuff.

I think they sometimes change part of the score at the eleventh hour and track in some other stuff, though I dunno why.

the problem is, its not 5 seconds but practically 4 minutes that aren't featured in the film and yet on CD confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    Does the fact that it was the Director's Cut mean anything? Could it have been an unused one that was used in it?
  5. DemonStar wrote
    Does the fact that it was the Director's Cut mean anything? Could it have been an unused one that was used in it?

Well, that's why I posted it here to find out wink . But I doubt it considering its the big finale of the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Well only someone who has listened to the recording sessions would know that, I think wink
  6. DemonStar wrote
    Well only someone who has listened to the recording sessions would know that, I think wink

Where it that man? wink
    Speak now or forever hold your silence ... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Where it that man? wink
    Speak now or forever hold your silence ... tongue

I'm confused about what I'd do if I did know about it cheesy
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Just wanted to say, recently saw Forrest Gump again, and let me tell you, it's a crime he didn't win the Oscar. Such a heartfelt score with sweeping melodies and themes. That's Silvestri at his best. And his short (but very effective) score for Cast Away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd have much preferred Newman to win the Oscar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote
    I'd have much preferred Newman to win the Oscar.

I'm with ya there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've seen the story of Beowulf many times in other films so I've no interest in seeing this new one. The music might be perfect for the film but as a stand alone experience my comment is blah
    listen to more classical music!
  7. so no one can tell me how different the final action music is in the film and on disc? And why? shame
    • CommentAuthorBigMacGyver
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008 edited
    Hey Tommy,

lets see what the man himself has to say about the finale cue:

colonne sonore silvestri interview

The scoring spread out of a long period of time because of the nature of the project. What I found very interesting was that because so many of the finished shots came at the very last moment, because of the rendering of the film, we had to wait until we had those images to score. We worked very intensely in the last month. For instance the entire dragon sequence, that is at end of the film and is about 20 minutes, I couldn?t?t really do it until the very last days. Anyway I could not wait for all the shots to be completed or I would never have made it. That part was difficult.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    Silvestri's next assignment: Hannah Montana: The Movie. No joking.

Link: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45386

Excuse me. I have to vomit
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  8. Silvestri's assignments get better and better....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Oh good Lord. Almost makes Night At The Museum 2 worth waiting for.

slant
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Not such a big deal, IMO. We have two very exciting Silvestri scores to look forward to (G.I. Joe and A Christmas Carol) and Hannah Montana is just providing a good balance for Alan in terms of genres. And... I might add... it will provide a pretty good balance to his finances as well! If he gets one single cut on the Hannah Montana soundtrack, that will make him a fortune!

mc
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008 edited
    moviescore wrote
    Not such a big deal, IMO. We have two very exciting Silvestri scores to look forward to (G.I. Joe and A Christmas Carol) and Hannah Montana is just providing a good balance for Alan in terms of genres. And... I might add... it will provide a pretty good balance to his finances as well! If he gets one single cut on the Hannah Montana soundtrack, that will make him a fortune!

mc

Like JNH on The Bodyguard I guess?

EDIT : It was Silvestri shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Matt C wrote
    Silvestri's next assignment: Hannah Montana: The Movie. No joking.

Link: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45386

Excuse me. I have to vomit

And yeah, it is worth another one of these > vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Timmer wrote
    Like JNH on The Bodyguard I guess?
    EDIT : It was Silvestri shame

Which, BTW, is a very good score by Alan Silvestri IMO!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A Christmas Carol is a big assignment to look forward to?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. I don't expect anything much different than Polar Express from this project.
  10. Antineutrino wrote
    I don't expect anything much different than Polar Express from this project.

perhaps, but the christmas feeling and spine tingling music like the Polar Express is everything I need anyway wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's *finally* moving on summer...and you guys are discussing Christmas scores?
    What are you? Weird?
    christmas_drunk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    any excuse to use your favourite icon rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Christodoulides wrote
    A Christmas Carol is a big assignment to look forward to?

Well... I look forward to every Alan Silvestri project, they all have potential. Sometimes he disappoints me, but I really think that you guys are a little too cynical. He's one of the greatest tunesmiths in Hollywood, no doubt about it.

mc