• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    Justin's smileys have an hypnotic effect on me ... sleep biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    when i scroll it up and down very fast, yes!

Same happens here. It's quite scary that our PC's can be brought to a standstill by...Justin!! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Am tempted to explore what one of these would look like using the "puke" emoticon.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  1. Someone at FSM is saying he got the CD today and that the linear notes state that Volume 3 is coming soon. I guess the "special agreement" with the studio says they have to do one for every season. I'm not complaining, I'd love to have one for each season, I just don't know how well 9CDs of funky goodness will sell.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    Very well in my family.

Disco-appreciation is the one thing my sister and I have in common.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HeeroJF wrote
    Very well in my family.

Disco-appreciation is the one thing my sister and I have in common.

confused "> Disco confused confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    This is a matter of some concern.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin :pawel: shocked

If I had been drunk, I would have died of laughing tonight.
    Kazoo
  2. Hey, what is my emoticon? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Now I know what it is :pawel:
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    confused "> Disco confused confused

ROFL!! lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2008
    Martijn wrote
    This is a matter of some concern.

Call me crazy but I dig that outfit.
  4. Got "CHiPs" -- Volume 2 today and listened to half of it, sans the songs.

While there is some good stuff, I find myself not as impressed with it. He's dropped that kind of fretless guitar sound heard on the first CD and included one that doesnt' sound right, the trumpets are kind of muffled in bigger monents, like they're further away from the mic, Silvestri repeats repeats some ideas and on occasion it seems like he's on autopilot and not in that remarkable inspirational mode he was on Volume 1.

When I am done with the CD I will say more.

The un-used redoing of the theme was interesting.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Final verdict on "CHiPs" -- Volume 2:

I don't like it. All the imaginative and wonderful ideas from Volume 1 are missing from this CD, that doesn't sound inspired or like time was taken to think of them.

Aside from the alternate theme and and track 6, I can't for the life of me listen to the CD again. It likes there wasn't even any effort put into the contruction of cues; it's like Silvestri just relied on the the kick-beat and cymbol tapping to drive tracks and then lay on some uncreative and aimless stuff on top.

Listening to the two CDs of NIGHT AND DAY -- they're just that different.

Worried, I went to AOL Video -- the only legal site that has some episodes of "CHiPs" up, and checked out one of the two Season 4 episodes they have up. One was the first episode, "Karate". The music was just as bland as this new CD. Unless it's gets better in the other episode, I don't think I can see my way into buying Volume 3. Season 1 had way better out put -- that should get a couple CDs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008 edited
    What Justin said, but then on a separate page:
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/chips-volume-2/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    I like Back to the Future a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm eagerly awaiting G.I. Joe!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah... but... I like Back to the Future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Me too wink

I hope expanded versions of the trilogy get released soon in the near future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Shit, I'm PRAYING for a proper release of the first score! And I'm an an atheist!? How does that work? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    All the music from Back to the Future that I think is any good was already included on the old MCA album.

What I DO like is Judge Dredd!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009 edited
    I knew you'd say that! wink

Judge Dredd is indeed awesome. The 2 CD bootleg is a pretty darn good listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Judge Dredd is killer score!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Judge Dredd is my #2 best Silvestri score, after Mummy Returns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    My favourites are Forrest Gump and Beowulf. I only know a suite from Judge Dredd but that's great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    All the music from Back to the Future that I think is any good was already included on the old MCA album.

Bah! You haven't heard anything until you hear "The Libyans" and the complete "Clocktower Sequence." Some of the finest scoring ever produced!

What I do hope for however is that who ever release the complete score will also include all the great songs that were on the original release.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

Bah! You haven't heard anything until you hear "The Libyans" and the complete "Clocktower Sequence." Some of the finest scoring ever produced!

What I do hope for however is that who ever release the complete score will also include all the great songs that were on the original release.

-Erik-

I concur. Back to the Future is the breakthrough film for Silvestri and it needs a whole lot more than the pitiful two score cues, but some of the songs on that album are pure magic from that era. And the Johnny B. Goode cover is excellent.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

I concur. Back to the Future is the breakthrough film for Silvestri and it needs a whole lot more than the pitiful two score cues, but some of the songs on that album are pure magic from that era. And the Johnny B. Goode cover is excellent.

For sure! cool beer

Totally agree on a proper release of Silvestri's score, until BTTF Silvestri was barely on my film composer radar.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

it is time they release this score, about bloody time

Do save us Intrada, or Varese for that matter
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2009
    The "Predator Suite"?

Really?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt