• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    If you ask me, I know you don't, much better than Eraser.

WRONG!

"Kruger Escape's"s put everything in G.I. Joe to shame!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And even if it didn't have that, it would still have Cyrez Break In.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    If you ask me, I know you don't, much better than Eraser.

WRONG!

"Kruger Escape's"s put everything in G.I. Joe to shame!

-Erik-

Perhaps you can tell me why...The orchestral essamble is the same, and Silvestri's action motifs appears in both scores. What makes me like more GI joe is the better integreation of electric guitars, electronics and the main theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010 edited
    ^ Good for you... seriously. I'm glad someone enjoyed G.I. Joe but Eraser has far more substance... from the theme onward to that wicked suspense cue "Cyrez Break In" which Anthony mentioned above to break neck action scoring that is more than just noise. Eraser's action cues are carefully crafted unlike G.I. Joe which is just a wall of directionless noise that doesn't really attempt to match the picture or sync points. "Kruger Escapes" matches the action to a T! It's an incredibly detailed action cue with very colorful orchestrations... something that G.I. Joe lacks severely ! It's a furious cue that added suspend and tension to the unbelievable scene. It builds and builds and builds until Silvestri finally hits you over the head with one full orchestral burst after another until Kruger miraculously gets away (especially after playing chicken with a 727) and lands in a junkyard! It takes your break away for 4 minutes plus! I can't say the same about G.I. Joe!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I haven't even seen Eraser. What happens in the scene other than chicken?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote

Arnie killing cocodriles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xXhdy0l … re=related

AWESOME STUFF!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Arnie killing cocodriles.

Very bad CGI crocodilos.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xXhdy0l … re=related

AWESOME STUFF!

-Erik-

biggrin

What utter nonsense. He fell a few thousand feet didn't he? And then he ended up on the same level as the plane again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Eraser isn't an Academy Award winning drama you know. It's a typical Schwarzenegger actioner which harks back to the good ole days of 80's over-the-top action films. Boat loads of bad one liners and ridiculous action... now that's fun to watch!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Eraser isn't an Academy Award winning drama you know. It's a typical Schwarzenegger actioner which harks back to the good ole days of 80's over-the-top action films. Boat loads of bad one liners and ridiculous action... now that's fun to watch!

-Erik-

Agree. Chuck Rusell did a really good pop corn movie. For me, the last true "good" Arnie film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    6th Day was damn entertaining!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

.....as was Rabin's score tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

.....as was Rabin's score tongue

I don't remember it.

-Erik-
  1. Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Agree. Chuck Rusell did a really good pop corn movie. For me, the last true "good" Arnie film.

I agree, Eraser is good fun with Arnie like we love him the most: kicking ass with big guns... and getting the girl. lick

And the last good Arnie flick is T3, but that's logical, he changed into the Governator after that.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Exactly. A-Team sounds like Silvestri. G.I sounds of bland.

Wich part of GI joe doesn't sound like silvestri?

You gays have listened the long action cues? or only the techno short tracks? rolleyes

You gays are unappreciative. moon
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I agree, Eraser is good fun with Arnie like we love him the most: kicking ass with big guns... and getting the girl. lick

And the last good Arnie flick is T3, but that's logical, he changed into the Governator after that.

Apart from one great stunt ( the Lorry ) T3 was a very poor film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorBigMacGyver
    Here is a tip: you can listen to the music only from these b-roll clips in mono because the video audio is on the left stereo channel while the music is isolated in mono on the right channel. The action track that is spread over part 1 and 2 is flying a tank, which does not sound like g.i. joe at all. There is a playful moment in between, a cool dark theme at the beginning and a thundering heroic theme at the end, which is already more themes than the whole g.i. joe score had to offer and this action track is purely orchestral. I think nautilus (or whoever it was a few pages before) has not really listened to the track yet, otherwise he would not make comparisons between this and gi joe.
  3. Timmer wrote

Not for me, Ahnuld was cool, the action was amazing, the story not simply a recycling of T1 or T2 and I absolutely love the film's ending. Very appropriately dark and hopeless. It's where the saga should have ended, I'll just ignore that Terminator Salvation travesty. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Why doesn't it surprise me that you like it? tongue

And that you don't like Salvation, the superior film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

Not for me, Ahnuld was cool, the action was amazing, the story not simply a recycling of T1 or T2 and I absolutely love the film's ending. Very appropriately dark and hopeless. It's where the saga should have ended, I'll just ignore that Terminator Salvation travesty. smile

I thought SALVATION was very good. In fact, I think ALL TERMINATOR films have been good - not a bad apple in the bunch - but 2 still remains the action classic that it is.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

I thought SALVATION was very good. In fact, I think ALL TERMINATOR films have been good - not a bad apple in the bunch - but 2 still remains the action classic that it is.

Salvation is a terrific movie, indeed. Highly underrated.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    T3 and Salvation are piss poor films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The Terminator franchise should have ended after T2.... end of story!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or maybe it should have never existed in the first place? just thinking out loud here wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    The Terminator franchise should have ended after T2.... end of story!

-Erik-

I sort of agree, I think there was room for a T3, set in the future of the machines and if it had been helmed by Cameron.

Oh well rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, those last two films certainly divide people. That's interesting. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You like to divide people don't you? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Or maybe it should have never existed in the first place? just thinking out loud here wink

Get out.
    I'm serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    T3 and Salvation are piss poor films.

Looking back on it I think Salvation had a few problems, for sure. But I still stand by the opinion that some of the scenes were pretty good, and the way the Terminators were dealt with I liked. They felt like a formidable foe in a proper Terminator kind of way. I wouldn't say piss poor.