• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wtf is double dipping

It's like one dip, but two.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2010
    You know when you dip your finger in cream and suck your finger? Mmmmmmm! And then you do it a second time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Like this?

The act of a female receiving sexual penetration from both the front and rear at the same time.
    "Yo, at the party the other night, I walked in on Mary getting double dipped by Tom and Harry!"

When you screw one girl bareback (no condom) then screw a different girl the same day bareback without washing your Dick in between

An extremely dark person of the negroid persuation

or a really fat chick

This is what you get when you tease people...you should explain it to me correctly in the first place wink tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yep. Now you understand. Go forth and use it in appropriate circumstances.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn told me differently!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2010 edited
    He knows his audience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    This totally sucks! You pick ONE day you don't visit the Maintitles or FSM forums, and they announce Predator... and now it's gone! I'm ever so pissed! sad
  1. It sucks, no? But it's not Intrada's fault ... I strongly smell people buying multiple copies to sell off later.

But, Artworks, we've known it was coming for almost a week now before the day they announced. You got to read the Intrada forum -- keep aprised of what's coming.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/index.php
    Pre-Release Discussion
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Or sign up for their newsletter.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Artworks, the forum is better. If you check it with regularity each day, you'll get more info there, plus -- you get to chat with your fellow posters and be reminded of other film scores.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010
    Earlier this spring, award-winning composer Alan Silvestri recorded his score for the big-screen adaptation of the classic 80's television show, The A-Team. Directed by Joe Carnahan and featuring a 90-piece orchestra, ScoringSessions.com is exited to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    justin boggan wrote
    It sucks, no? But it's not Intrada's fault ... I strongly smell people buying multiple copies to sell off later.

But, Artworks, we've known it was coming for almost a week now before the day they announced. You got to read the Intrada forum -- keep aprised of what's coming.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/index.php
    Pre-Release Discussion

I'm sure some units with highly inflated prices will appear on SAE in about a week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Like this?

The act of a female receiving sexual penetration from both the front and rear at the same time.
    "Yo, at the party the other night, I walked in on Mary getting double dipped by Tom and Harry!"

I think this is called Double Penetration (DP)... shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010 edited
    BMI Article on Alan Silvestri

Alan Silvestri’s Harmonic Priorities

Oscar-nominated, Grammy-winning composer Alan Silvestri has an impressive résumé: scores for such iconic titles as Forrest Gump and Back to the Future as well as recent hits like Night at the Museum and GI Joe: Rise of Cobra.

Yet despite having written more than 90 film scores over nearly 40 years, Silvestri has his priorities in order. Yes, he’s a talented and sought-after movie composer. But he’s also a vintner, an advocate for diabetes research and very much a family man.

After decades in Hollywood, Silvestri moved to Carmel, California, where he now lives and writes. We caught up with him in the midst of creating music for The A-Team. With less than three weeks before recording was to begin, he was in self-described “seven-long-days-a-week mode,” penning some 95 minutes of music for the summer action film starring Liam Neeson.

The time pressure on composers is greater than ever because today’s editing software allows directors to tweak their movies right up until the last minute, often resulting in visual changes that force the composer to revise his music, sometimes multiple times.

“There is a certain kind of preparation one can do when you don’t have a film that’s locked — you can work on thematic material,” Silvestri explains. “You just wait until you have something that’s close, and then you have to put your head down and really write. Even if it’s drastically changed, it’s always easier to edit and retool than it is to come up with the material.”

Silvestri has weathered massive changes in the industry since he started in films in the early 1970s, but he has always embraced the technology involved with the creation of modern music. “When I did ‘Romancing the Stone’ (1984) I had all five existing Yamaha DX-7s in the control room, with our Japanese manuals and our power adapters,” he says, laughing at the thought of all those outdated machines.

But the orchestra has always been his primary vehicle of expression, from the classic symphonic sound of Back to the Future to the noirish jazz of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the emotional themes of Forrest Gump and the traditional holiday colors of The Polar Express — all, not coincidentally, scores for the films of Robert Zemeckis, Silvestri’s longtime collaborator.

“When you’re working with people of that caliber, the creative challenge is all-pervasive,” says Silvestri. “Bob is inspirational. He really doesn’t worry about the musical side, as long as he feels he can connect with me on the emotional side and communicate the intent of his film.” The results have been some of Silvestri’s most memorable and honored work, garnering Grammys for Cast Away and Polar Express and Oscar nominations for Forrest Gump and Polar Express.

Most recent of their 13 films was the 3-D A Christmas Carol, which featured a new song, “God Bless Us Everyone” (co-written by his Polar Express collaborator Glen Ballard), sung by Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli and featured on his recent best-selling Christmas album.

But, in addition to being able to buy an album bearing the Silvestri name, one can also buy a Silvestri chardonnay, syrah or pinot noir, the three varietals that have thus far emerged from the composer’s vineyard, located on a 300-acre spread in Carmel Valley.

Launching a wine-making business has “gotten us connected to our community,” Silvestri notes. He and his wife Sandra regularly donate wine to various benefits, notably those of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation with which they have been involved for many years. One of their three children has type-1 diabetes, and the Silvestris have been tireless fundraisers and advocates on behalf of the JDRF. Between the vineyard, philanthropy and family, Silvestri has plenty to keep him occupied when he’s away from the keyboard.

“When I work on a film,” Silvestri points out, “my task mostly centers around communicating with a director. You can’t have too much life experience when you sit down with another human being and try to understand their point of view, what’s moved them to do things they way they have. The fact that I always have had lots of other interests — my family being one of them — helps what I have to do in the workplace.”

Jon Burlingame writes about film music for Daily Variety and teaches film-music history at the University of Southern California.

Written by Jon Burlingame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ummm... lp... you might want to view Dan's post about 3 posts above yours.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Ummm... lp... you might want to view Dan's post about 3 posts above yours.

-Erik-

HAH! What do you mean? moon
  3. Artworks wrote
    This totally sucks! You pick ONE day you don't visit the Maintitles or FSM forums, and they announce Predator... and now it's gone! I'm ever so pissed! sad

sad to hear that bud .... but you'll surely be able to buy it soon enough from one of the familiar soundtrack shops soon enough, I just hope the price will not be too high
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, it's nice to read a Burlingame article/interview that isn't a reactionary rant on how bad everything is nowadays and how brilliant everything used to be back in the golden days of yonder.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I haven't looked, but you could try MovieMusic.com?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Artworks wrote

sad to hear that bud .... but you'll surely be able to buy it soon enough from one of the familiar soundtrack shops soon enough, I just hope the price will not be too high

Found and bought it yesterday for about 27£ from Amazon Marketplace... expensive, but hopefully worth it smile What was the price in Intrada's webshop?
  4. Artworks wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Artworks wrote

Found and bought it yesterday for about 27£ from Amazon Marketplace... expensive, but hopefully worth it smile What was the price in Intrada's webshop?

I'm not sure, but I thought 20$?
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010
    Just found a used copy of The Odd Couple II score in a local store today. Price: $3.50 cool I guess it's Karma, for me having to pay 27£ for Predator smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010
    Artworks wrote
    Just found a used copy of The Odd Couple II score in a local store today. Price: $3.50 cool I guess it's Karma, for me having to pay 27£ for Predator smile

Whoah! If you had waited for sometime then someone would have fetched you a cheap copy of Intrada's Predator. I sold mine for $25 yesterday. Next time you miss a limited edition just ask folks in the film music websites.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010 edited
    Well, I didn't expect that people would sell their cd's, without making a lot of money off them. And there were a lot more expensive copies on eBay at the moment I bought mine... but I will ask in the forums next time, I guess... smile
  5. 2 new reviews:

- The A-Team
    - Eraser Expanded
  6. How similar are Eraser and Judge Dredd in style?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  7. KevinSmith wrote
    How similar are Eraser and Judge Dredd in style?

Silvestri has got such a distinct style that all of his scores tend to have similar ideas, but Judge Dredd is far more epic. The march in Judge Dredd does sound like the main theme of Eraser, it's just that Eraser holds a lot more sinister writing too (especially the expanded album). Either way, both are way too good if you compare them with some of Silvestri's scores of today
  8. The music from Eraser has its own personality, something like GI Joe or The A-Team does not.

It's no Judge Dredd or Predator, but as an action score I definitely like it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  9. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    How similar are Eraser and Judge Dredd in style?

Silvestri has got such a distinct style that all of his scores tend to have similar ideas, but Judge Dredd is far more epic. The march in Judge Dredd does sound like the main theme of Eraser, it's just that Eraser holds a lot more sinister writing too (especially the expanded album). Either way, both are way too good if you compare them with some of Silvestri's scores of today

Hmm... I just listened to the regular album to get a feel for what the score is about, and I decided that I don't need Eraser. Judge Dredd is good enough for me.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    The music from Eraser has its own personality, something like GI Joe or The A-Team does not.

It's no Judge Dredd or Predator, but as an action score I definitely like it.

I quite like it too ( terrible film though ).

I also give thanks to Thomas for my copy beer