• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The music from Eraser has its own personality, something like GI Joe or The A-Team does not.

It's no Judge Dredd or Predator, but as an action score I definitely like it.

I quite like it too ( terrible film though ).

I also give thanks to Thomas for my copy beer

you're welcome wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011 edited
    KevinSmith wrote
    How similar are Eraser and Judge Dredd in style?

The only similarity is the main theme. But both are big, ballsy action scores.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The music from Eraser has its own personality, something like GI Joe or The A-Team does not.

It's no Judge Dredd or Predator, but as an action score I definitely like it.

I quite like it too ( terrible film though ).

I also give thanks to Thomas for my copy beer

Once more an example of a film I like, partly because of the music, and also because it has Arnie in terminator mode. Jeez I must be one of the only people on this planet who likes crap films with good scores. slant
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. "Eraser"

Suite 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmGF6u6P9o4
    Suite 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLsNgfusiXc

Three more should those appeal to you.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011
    Silvestri will score CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER:

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … #more-1816

Hell YES!
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice! Was listening to his A-TEAM and BEOWULF scores this week, on headphones while going to work. In the works of Mr.Erik Cartman: hell-a fun.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Matt C wrote

Hell YES!

then I hope it's as good or better than "Flying a Tank" without the mediocrity of the entire album.
    Either way, better to see him on board than the Zanelli's or Streitenfeld's of today
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Matt C wrote

Hell YES!

then I hope it's as good or better than "Flying a Tank" without the mediocrity of the entire album.
    Either way, better to see him on board than the Zanelli's or Streitenfeld's of today

Yes, that's the only way of seeing the possitives in this. Personally I'm a tad disappointed that Giacchino isn't scoring it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Matt C wrote

Hell YES!

Yes, that's the only way of seeing the possitives in this. Personally I'm a tad disappointed that Giacchino isn't scoring it.

perhaps, I'm getting a bit tired of Giacchino's LOST sound in his latest scores, if he would / could return to the MOH sound, then immediately.

The same however about Silvestri, give me him in The Mummy Returns style any day over his music of today for action films like GI JOE and The A-Team
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011 edited
    However much we would like our favourite composers to return to particular, older styles, it just doesn't happen.

If Horner was in Star trek/Brainstorm/Willow/Aliens/Rocketeer mode he would be my #1 choice for this....well, maybe behind a 1980's John Williams wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Timmer wrote
    However much we would like our favourite composers to return to particular, older styles, it just doesn't happen.

If Horner was in Star trek/Brainstorm/Willow/Aliens/Rocketeer mode he would be my #1 choice for this....well, maybe behind a 1980's John Williams wink

true,
    let's hope there's a new Goldsmith / Williams / Horner waiting around the corner somewhere
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Those days are gone.
  7. Timmer wrote
    Those days are gone.

you've said it, just realized today, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross have the same amount of Ocsar wins as Jerry Goldsmith, and one more than Ennio Morricone. Just f..king unbelievable
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You pay too much attention to the whole thing. It's a good chance for a wider public awareness of film music for once a year but it's just that; don't go bananas over it.
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    don't go bananas over it.

too late wink
    I do pay attention to it, that's me in a nutshell
  9. Christodoulides wrote
    You pay too much attention to the whole thing. It's a good chance for a wider public awareness of film music for once a year but it's just that; don't go bananas over it.

It's a stab in the back for composers who actually make a real effort to construct music that is a lot more complex than what those guys came up with. Social Network isn't even music as far as I'm concerned.

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Those days are gone.

you've said it, just realized today, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross have the same amount of Ocsar wins as Jerry Goldsmith, and one more than Ennio Morricone. Just f..king unbelievable

yeah
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. Christodoulides wrote
    Nice! Was listening to his A-TEAM and BEOWULF scores this week, on headphones while going to work. In the works of Mr.Erik Cartman: hell-a fun.

I was just listening to The A-Team today and once 'Flying a Tank' is over, the fun's over... But those first 8 tracks are somewhat enjoyable. The rest of the score isn't.
  11. DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I was just listening to The A-Team today and once 'Flying a Tank' is over, the fun's over... But those first 8 tracks are somewhat enjoyable. The rest of the score isn't.

indeed, that would have made for a far better album. It's the same about the movie, after the tank sequence I was bored, before I actually liked the movie a lot
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Those days are gone.

Hate to break it to you but Jerry Goldsmith only ever won 1 Oscar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Those days are gone.

Yes, I believe that' was Thomas' point. Reznor & Ross now have 1 Oscar too.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Makes it all the more unbelievable really. These two guys come from nowhere (from the world of film music point of view) and win something. Jerry has written many legendary masterful scores and only got one statue.

And Morricone has never gotten an award? Well the Academy has sure lost all its marbles now if that was even possible anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It's a stab in the back for composers who actually make a real effort to construct music that is a lot more complex than what those guys came up with. Social Network isn't even music as far as I'm concerned.

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Those days are gone.

yeah

It's a stab in composer fans' backs. The actual composers have their busy lives, their families, their very dense schedule and work as well as the paychecks to worry about wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2011
    looking back, Bernard Herrmann, John Barry, Vangelis, Giorgio Moroder....I'm probably forgetting some, hadn't scored many films before winning their first Oscar ( two in Barry's case ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Oscars... meh... a lot of hoola... they really suck at choosing the Oscar for best music, they just follow the mainstream no brain mode.

Regarding "any new Horner/Goldsmith" composer out there.. .hell yes... not really new, but there is one man I put on the same pedestal, and that's Frederic Talgorn.

Let this man score any decent next adventure / sci fi / action / thriller... and we'll have another soundtrack must have. He is a kind of Williams/Goldsmith/Herrmann combo.

His score for Heavy Metal 2000 for example is such an enthralling grand piece of work... I just can't get enough of it.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Talos, you so nailed it about Talgorn! He's brilliant! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Talos wrote
    Oscars... meh... a lot of hoola... they really suck at choosing the Oscar for best music, they just follow the mainstream no brain mode.

Regarding "any new Horner/Goldsmith" composer out there.. .hell yes... not really new, but there is one man I put on the same pedestal, and that's Frederic Talgorn.

Let this man score any decent next adventure / sci fi / action / thriller... and we'll have another soundtrack must have. He is a kind of Williams/Goldsmith/Herrmann combo.

His score for Heavy Metal 2000 for example is such an enthralling grand piece of work... I just can't get enough of it.

Yes, he's very good and so is Lee Holdridge, Bruce Broughton, Christopher Gunning....

None of them getting the high profile work their talents deserve.
  13. Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Those days are gone.

Yes, I believe that' was Thomas' point. Reznor & Ross now have 1 Oscar too.

yes indeed, that's what I meant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011
    trailer for captain america

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JerVrbLl … r_embedded
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011
    cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011