• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2010
    NP : Space: 1999 - Barry Gray

Since I'm awaiting the arrival of Space: 1999 - Series 1 on blu-ray in my letterbox
    I thought to get into the mood already by giving this another spin .
    Brilliant and one of my favourite Barry Gray scores ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Harry....Deathly .... (desplat)

What a generic score.

How it could be composed by Desplat?? No way!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2010 edited
    Same reaction from the usual suspects* as we had with The Golden Compass...I'm quite optimistic :D

*Correction...after researching Jordi's posts from 3 years ago about The Golden Compass, he actually had an initially positive reaction. Hmm....
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Scribe wrote
    Same reaction from the usual suspects as we had with The Golden Compass...I'm quite optimistic :D

I LOVE golden compass. full of themes and rich orchestrations.
  1. Eric wrote
    NP : Space: 1999 - Barry Gray

Since I'm awaiting the arrival of Space: 1999 - Series 1 on blu-ray in my letterbox
    I thought to get into the mood already by giving this another spin .
    Brilliant and one of my favourite Barry Gray scores ...

One of the greatest TV themes ever. Period.

And the rest isn't bad either!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    Inception - Hans Zimmer

This is only my fourth Zimmer purchase this decade shocked shocked but what a kickass monster it is. Rich in textures and pounding crescendo's, it's very non-melodic on the whole, but I like it a lot despite this fact. Proof that Hans still is the master in this type of scoring.

Dream Is Collapsing, Old Souls, 528491, Mombasa, Waiting For a Train, Time. punk

Yes. It's one of the best scores I've heard this year.
  3. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Inception - Hans Zimmer

This is only my fourth Zimmer purchase this decade shocked shocked but what a kickass monster it is. Rich in textures and pounding crescendo's, it's very non-melodic on the whole, but I like it a lot despite this fact. Proof that Hans still is the master in this type of scoring.

Dream Is Collapsing, Old Souls, 528491, Mombasa, Waiting For a Train, Time. punk

I'm not a fan of Zimmer, but I love this score. My favorite ones is Dream Is Collapsing, Old Souls, Waiting For A Train and Time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    yonythemoony wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Inception - Hans Zimmer

I'm not a fan of Zimmer, but I love this score. My favorite ones is Dream Is Collapsing, Old Souls, Waiting For A Train and Time.

My favourite cues are: dream is collapsing, a simple question and Dream within a Dream wich makes a really coherent and unique sound. "old souls" and "mombasa" are highlights too, but they are a little bit out of place with the rest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Vampires Suck (Chris Lennertz)

And here he goes again. Great stuff for a crappy movie. Please, please, somebody give him a BIG project, a blockbuster, something! Lennertz deserves it!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. yonythemoony wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Inception - Hans Zimmer

Well I'm a fan of early Zimmer, from the 90s actually, and the fact that I've only bought 4 Zimmers in the last ten years, and Inception is one of them is because it's actually a lot like his early style, more like the powerfully bombastic Crimson Tide, which I love to death.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    John Chambers wrote
    Lost - The Last Episodes Giacchino

It finally arrived a few days ago and just like The final Season two-discer I just can't get enough of it, just wonderful stuff from beginning to end.

Most powerful and emotional release this year, for me.
    DreamTheater wrote
    Inception - Hans Zimmer

True; it's absolutely masterful, a phenomally good modern film music work. I bought it on vinyl and can't wait for to arrive!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

And here he goes again. Great stuff for a crappy movie. Please, please, somebody give him a BIG project, a blockbuster, something! Lennertz deserves it!

Even if he got the original Twilight movies, it'd still be great stuff for a crappy movie.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Inception - Hans Zimmer

Well I'm a fan of early Zimmer, from the 90s actually, and the fact that I've only bought 4 Zimmers in the last ten years, and Inception is one of them is because it's actually a lot like his early style, more like the powerfully bombastic Crimson Tide, which I love to death.

I only listened three Zimmer scores. Pearl Harbor, Angels and Demons and The Simpsons.
  6. I like Inception more than Gladiator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2010
  7. Seriously, I would have to say Gladiator is a lot more varied, incredibly emotional and downright brilliant. One of Zimmer's top works for me. But yeah to each his own.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. The Upside of Anger - Desplat

More of that tragic romance that Desplat does so well... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Seriously, I would have to say Gladiator is a lot more varied, incredibly emotional and downright brilliant. One of Zimmer's top works for me.

Yup!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. NP: Lovegood - Deathly Hallows

I'm a huge fan of Luna Lovegood and Evanna Lynch, and it makes me happy that Luna finally has her own theme. Or precisely, Luna and her father Xeno. I love this theme, and it was what I expected of Desplat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Marselus wrote

Indeed, what a terrific score. I'm too praying to see him get a proper, large-scale project to work on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Seriously, I would have to say Gladiator is a lot more varied, incredibly emotional and downright brilliant. One of Zimmer's top works for me. But yeah to each his own.

Agree. But i absolutely LOVE Inception too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Harry Potter Deathly Hollows (Desplat)

In my fourth listening....

It has no structure, no themes devolopment. Every track seems an isolated idea. And what is more important...where is the magic??????

It's far from Golden Compass, wich you can like or not but at least had a thematic body. Broxton really has unjustify orgams with every Desplat score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Whatever you say I'm jealous! I want to listen to it too!
    Anyway! For now
    NP: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ~ Patrick Doyle

Wonderful! I especially like Harry in the Winter. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2010 edited
    THE TALENTED MR RIPLEY | gabriel yared

Ever since the lullaby and Crazy Tom was performed at the WSA, I'm in love with this score. It's really beautiful! The lullaby and Syncopes are terrific material by this composer!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Dark Void - Bear McCreary
    punk shocked* beer

*this is actually my 6th listen and it gets better every time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's a very good work, and wholly satisfying. Unlike Human Target.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    What's wrong with Human Target? The only review I've read seemed to compare it favorably with his other works. I don't want to spend a quarter of a hundred dollars on it if its not very good! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Too busy, too much, tiring. It's wholly symphonic but it seemed to lacked melodic structure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And i found it to be different than the rest of the body of his work so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Matinee - Jerry Goldsmith

The main theme from this has been running around in my head all week so I had to play it. I think it's a very nice, very slight score but nobody else seems to like it at all.