• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Knowing our cat, she'll hide in fear and won't be seen... slant

I'm not surprised considering the walking abomination that is named Bregt.

lol

No no, our cat suffers from a serious social anxiety syndrome, which means she only comes out for food or some other urgent matter.

Bregt or no Bregt, it makes no difference. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    Bless her love

The exact opposite of Gomez who MUST find out EXACTLY who's just turned up at my house.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2010
    I watched the 3rd episode last night . There's less zombie action in this one but certainly more characterisation . Don't gonna say too much about it because I'll spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet . Looking forward to the next one ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  1. I still haven't watched the second... So lets keep this topic spoiler-free guys and girls. Just give your general thoughts and all should be happy. smile

So you see it evolving into something that might have some LIFE in it Eric? dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    I still haven't watched the second... So lets keep this topic spoiler-free guys and girls. Just give your general thoughts and all should be happy. smile

So you see it evolving into something that might have some LIFE in it Eric? dizzy

I hope nobody spoils a goddamn thing, considering I'm going to watch this after we have every episode released, so that I can see it on my own tempo smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote
    I still haven't watched the second... So lets keep this topic spoiler-free guys and girls. Just give your general thoughts and all should be happy. smile

Yep , I'll keep things spoiler free , just wanted to share some general thoughts ... wink

If it's going on the same route as they are now , it shure as hell has some 'life' left in it Gilles ... lick
    As far as I know season 1 will have 6 episodes and season 2 will have 13 .
  3. Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Yep , I'll keep things spoiler free , just wanted to share some general thoughts ... wink

If it's going on the same route as they are now , it shure as hell has some 'life' left in it Gilles ... lick
    As far as I know season 1 will have 6 episodes and season 2 will have 13 .

Just to let you know Eric, I've also wtached all three episodes and I liked all three of them, although this series (and lack of scary music on the 'right' moments) scare the crap out of me (but in a good way).

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I hope nobody spoils a goddamn thing, considering I'm going to watch this after we have every episode released, so that I can see it on my own tempo smile

Don't forget to watch Bear's mini video blogs on his website afterwards.

He talks about which instruments he used and also that he had the orchestra play the maintitle theme for every episode, so they are all slightely different. I noticed that. You too Eric?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Skating_Lientje wrote

Don't forget to watch Bear's mini video blogs on his website afterwards.

He talks about which instruments he used and also that he had the orchestra play the maintitle theme for every episode, so they are all slightely different. I noticed that. You too Eric?

Elin

I'm glad you're enjoying being 'scared' by the series . smile
    You're absolutely right , the lack of music in key scenes adds to the eerie atmosphere .

THX for the heads up on those mini video blogs ... wink

And yep , I've noticed the little differences in the main title theme as well Elin ...
    Gonna have a look at those blogs ...

wave
  4. Only 6 episodes? Guess they didn't want to go all the way just yet, in case the show wouldn't get sufficient viewers. Understandable and not a problem for me. smile

It was the same with Entourage from HBO (the total opposite of Walking Dead btw, it's a comedy show). S1 has 8 episodes, S2 had 14. And the second season was absolutely brilliant, so I'm sure Darabont and co. have something in store for us next year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010 edited
    Just finished watching episode 4 and it made an impact on me !
    Get ready for some dramatic developments guys !
    Great stuff !
    Now I'm off to bed ... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010 edited
    Eric wrote
    Just finished watching episode 4 and it made an impact on me !
    Get ready for some dramatic developments guys !
    Great stuff !
    Now I'm off to bed ... wink

Absolutely. What a gut-wrenching finale! Took me completely off-guard. Also [spoiler]genius way of ending it suddenly, immediately after the slaughter, before the characters were even allowed to land emotionally[/spoiler]. Very effective.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Just saw the 2nd episode. Very gripping and disturbing show. But that's how I like it.

And I'm falling behind you guys. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Just saw the 2nd episode. Very gripping and disturbing show. But that's how I like it.

And I'm falling behind you guys. sad

You'll catch up soon enough Gilles ... wink
  6. I hope so Eric, the show is getting really gritty and 'fun' now. Fun in the way I want to continue watching it.
  7. Hi all,

I'm only chipping in now because I fell behind a bit as well and only watched the forth episode tonight.
    It was definitely a memorable episode. It was also the first one where I actually genuinely laughed. That happened in the scene where[spoiler]after mentioning that they had Glen be eaten by dogs, you got the shot of the chihuahua's. [/spoiler] Really made me chuckle...

I'm really wondering where they will take it from here...

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010 edited
    That scene made me chuckle as well Elin ... biggrin
    A bit of comic relief ...

I can't wait for the next episode ...
  8. Eric wrote

Maybe we should watch the finale together?

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Eric wrote

Elin

That's not a bad idea ! wink
  9. Eric wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Eric wrote

Elin

That's not a bad idea ! wink

But only if you can wait a bit. 6-12 is my mother's birthday and that evening I'm fully booked.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    Skating_Lientje wrote

But only if you can wait a bit. 6-12 is my mother's birthday and that evening I'm fully booked.

Elin

Shure , no problemo Elin ...
    Let me know when it suits you best ... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010
    Episode 5 was yet again excellent !
    The characters are nicely developing further .
    I'm wondering what they have instore for the last one of the season ?
    Exciting ...
  10. This is quickly turning into a great show. It may not be horror in the purest sense but the way I'm glued to the screen is evidence enough of seeing something great. The end of episode four was definitely VERY tense and unexpected.

Downloading ep. 5 now. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Yeah , Gilles is on a 'catching up' maneuver ! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I heard they fired all the writers? http://io9.com/5702995/frank-darabont-f … ting-staff
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  11. As long it's me doing the catching up and not them, I'm happy...

BTW The blu-ray of this has been announced for release in the US and Canada. I'm hoping it will not take long in Europe, as I intend to get this because I like TWD that much. It beats watching crappy quality AVI files. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    It beats watching crappy quality AVI files.

You have to watch the HD 720p or 1080p ones , they're excellent - not crappy ... wink
    Gonna pick-up the blu-ray as well , once it comes out ...
  12. Well they're so-called HD but artifacts are all over the place... Still it's viewable and definitely worth it going through it again in better quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2010
    After the first three episodes the show got really tiring. I was still interested but the characters were starting to bore me. Saw the finale last night and I was left disappointed. I was really hoping for a bit more of the back story when the episode opened up the way it did but then after that it was 45 minutes of bordome and bad special effects. I hope for more back story in the second seasion and a bit more depth to the characters. Right now they just keep doing and saying the same things over and over again.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lost
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lost