• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2010
    If Anthony likes it, I can't imagine I won't. My opinions have pretty much followed his, except that I try to be unnecessarily merciful wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2010 edited
    Even if you didn't like the episode, what did you think of the score? That new theme for the mother/the cave is absolutely fantastic, and the tragic versions of MIB's theme are stunning!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Even if you didn't like the episode, what did you think of the score? That new theme for the mother/the cave is absolutely fantastic, and the tragic versions of MIB's theme are stunning!

Indeed. Score wise it is one of the best episodes EVER. And the episode itself (whether you like it or not) is like a 40 minutes movie.

Anthony wrote
    http://www.sl-lost.com/2010/05/12/jimmy … -in-black/

biggrin biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The score is soooooo good! Give that episode it's own CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I found it rather stupid and laughable as well.

[spoiler]It all comes down to a crazy mother apparently. [/spoiler] rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    As with many of this season's episodes, I really don't know what to think. It was good? It was bad? Did it tie up anything? It didn't? Anything makes sense? I'm afraid I'm not the lost geek I thought I was.

let me help you, IT'S FUCKING STUPID. we don't deserve this.

[spoiler]So, Jacob and his brother doesn't know nothing. No, it's the killer bitch of his stepmother who really knows, but as usual she doesn't want to answer any question.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]All is ridicoulous here : the light with souls (?) , the wheel wich if you put water on it can make you leave the island (!!), the brother with no name who enters into the light and becomes black smoke, this excelent wine that makes you inmortal, the rules that you can invent only because you can....Why? because YOU CAN! don't question it!

And better of all this: If you follows the orders of your stepmother, who kills and burns everyone and kidnappes childrens, you are still a good guy.

By the way: I never assited to a birth, but I think something is wrong with the belly of that girl....After 2 sons it is still BIG!
    [/spoiler]

oh! by the way...I guess jacob visited IKEA to build his lighouse with mirrors.
    cool

Funniest post i've read in a while! lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    The score is soooooo good! Give that episode it's own CD.

Mmm...I have to say I didn't find anything impressive in the score either. Only Giacchino doing Lost. I mean with this kind of dissonant orchestral ourbusts, and a lot of variations of jacob's theme (wich is gorgeous, indeed).

Sorry to say that.

PS: But you know, I didn't find anything special in season 4 score, and I have season 5 score and I don't have any interest to listen it. sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Did you miss the massive new theme for the cave? Plus the huge dramatic statements of MIB's motif?

Nautilus wrote
    I didn't find anything special in season 4 score

Blasphemy.

Nautilus wrote
    and I have season 5 score and I don't have any interest to listen it. sad

Fair enough. But you should.
    • CommentAuthorcyasick
    The LA Times got to record a rehearsal for the LOST symphony tonight:
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra … -live.html
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Daaaaam! That final action piece was brilliant. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    cyasick wrote

"..... the "Lost Live" orchestra will perform seven songs from "Lost."

Not songs! NOT SONGS! THEMES!! crazy angry kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RvK7TgA1Rw
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2010
    I just saw the latest episode and I agree with Jordi 110% (except for his comments about the music.) The Lost writers are pretty much following the Indiana Jones mantra... "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go!" That was an awful episode (a big slap in the face of die hard Lost fans) but the music - especially The Cave theme - was dynamite!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2010 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    [spoiler]
    By the way: I never assited to a birth, but I think something is wrong with the belly of that girl....After 2 sons it is still BIG!
    [/spoiler]

There's still a placenta and amniotic fluid in there with the addition of 30 to 40 extra pounds of weight the mother tacks on during pregnancy! The belly just doesn't automatically flatten out moments after child birth.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    a big slap in the face of die hard Lost fans
    -Erik-

As a die hard lost fan I felt this more like a kick in my balls. And What is worst is they could have done this much better. They know how do it and if they don't there are enough theories around to make this better.

Again, It doesn't matter how fantasy a thing is, The Writters have to make the audience believe. They didn't succeed to do that in this season.

PS:I rewatched the episode and yes, the music is pretty good. The cave theme is gorgeous, and MIB theme variations are really good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    cyasick wrote

"..... the "Lost Live" orchestra will perform seven songs from "Lost."

Not songs! NOT SONGS! THEMES!! crazy angry kill

^
    Agree! angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    As a die hard lost fan I felt this more like a kick in my balls.

biggrin

But I consider myself the same and my balls remain unscathed.
  1. The episode (What They Died For) that was shown last night at the LOST concert more than makes up for the disappointing (and mostly unnecessary) tale of the MiB and Jacob. It's one of the most fun (and surprisingly funny) episodes of LOST yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Cool! Looking forward to it!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wonder if I'll think the opposite!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    I wonder if I'll think the opposite!

I hope so! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Screw you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Screw you.

I said that, because then I will probably love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010 edited
    Really pathetic to see such a great character as [spoiler]Sayid [/spoiler]to go away as easily, under the radar, quickly and without a 2nd thought, whilst worthless bitch Claire - for instance, is still around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Really pathetic to see such a great character as [spoiler]Sayid [/spoiler]to go away as easily, under the radar, quickly and without a 2nd thought,

Exactly what I said. They couldn't have done it less epic and dramatic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    CAt watches lost biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43OlW00_aCw
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I like the way they got rid of [spoiler]Sayid[/spoiler] It reminded me to Steven Seagal's death in Executive Decision. You don't see it coming and when it does your like shocked WTF?! There's still have a movie left and Seagal is dead!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    He's been a zombie this season though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    He's been a zombie this season though.

Yes, but he's been one of the most charismatic and decisive characters of the show. He deserved a PROPER ending. Even Charlie, a character I always found pretty annoying and non decisive at all, had a better ending.