• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    And both are bad recordings.

-Erik-

But at least, in super 8 they didn't have to deal with electric guitars and Indian flavour wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I see what you mean, but it does fit the movies light tone.
  1. Thanks to a trade with a JWFan member, I now have, and therefore will not miss out on, the new Intrada "Star Trek IV" released.

I popped it in to hear the first track, since I was listening to another score which ended on disc one.

Very satisfying to hear those two moinous and nicely orchestrated notes before the main title, then the main title without the one or two second edit -- flows smoothly here.

My car speakers tell me some reverb was likely added to the timpani; you can hear the difference from the old CD to the new one. It's not real heavy, but enough to distort my speakers.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE TERMINAL (John Williams)

Breezy and lovely night time listening.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2012
    Black Gold - Horner

I like this. (Big surprise, I know.) There's a definite epic sweep to it - simplistic to call it Horner's Lawrence of Arabia, but there are hints of that. The main theme starts a bit like the Mahler/Schindler/Enemy at the Gates theme, but it's its own thing, really - only a superficial similarity. Nobody would have commented on it if it weren't Horner. Four-note motif makes only a single fleeting (and fairly well-disguised) appearance. Some of the piano stuff is very beautiful. Very good album!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Meh!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. What category would you put it in? Action, thriller, drama?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Re-recording! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2012 edited
    NP: Tower Heist - Christophe Beck

Not bad. I like the Ocean Eleven/Jazz approach taken with the score. Makes for an entertaining background listen.
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Re-recording! wink

-Erik-

Re-recording/Archival.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
  4. NP: Anonymous

I love the cello solos and the choral material (reminds me a lot of The Secret In Their Eyes), and the two themes played beautifully (the gorgeous Edward's theme, and the Shakespeare theme).

Though the chronolical order is terrible (the fifth cue it's the last one of the movie).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    My most listened to score in the last couple of months is Sanctum by David Hirschfelder.

Here's a nice track called The Sacred River

I'm going to make a new playlist now and leave the action/suspense tracks out that make me nervous, so I can just listen to the good stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Southall wrote
    Drama.

That's good because I like drama and Horner is good at it. Some hope I will like this score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    My most listened to score in the last couple of months is Sanctum by David Hirschfelder.

Here's a nice track called The Sacred River

I'm going to make a new playlist now and leave the action/suspense tracks out that make me nervous, so I can just listen to the good stuff.

I really liked that track, thanks Bregje. I'd like to get hold of more Hirschfelder, I only have the one album, SHINE which is shared with a lot of classical tracks.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SHINE - David Hirschfelder & Various

A really lovely album, great listen.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WAR HORSE - John Williams

love
  5. Lovely, isn't it? I am just wrapping it right now.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is! I've just put it on repeat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    NP : WAR HORSE - John Williams

love

I think it's a rather bland score. Like the movie.

But yes, it has some lovely tracks.

PS: Williams nominated twice again....Ok. I didn't exepect Jablonsky, but...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ta ra raaaaaaaaa.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Ta ra raaaaaaaaa.

What happened with the fourth note?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ta ra raaaaaaaaa.

...boom-de-ay
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Ta ra raaaaaaaaa.

What happened with the fourth note?

Timmer wrote
    ...boom-de-ay

yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Even though I am randomly shuffling through almost 14,000 tracks there seems to be a lot of Joseph LoDuca being played at the moment. It is helping me decide that I think I prefer his Xena scores to his Hercules scores. But I don't like the Xena songs.
  7. Jerry Goldsmith - Tora! Tora! Tora!

Plain brilliant. Difficult, but brilliant.
  8. Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun

I don't hear much about this score in this thread and that's a pity. I think it's quite good. Great to hear a different voice in the series. The John Williams references are there, but quite different than what Giacchino used to do and, dare I say (while I adore the Giacchino scores like the next guy) more subtle? I also love the Goldsmith inferences in the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I never warmed up to that score, Pawal. It wasn't until European Assault did Lennertz finally reach the heights Giacchino did with his first three scores in the series!

-Erik-
  9. I don't think it's on the level of Giacchino's works, but I like it quite a lot.