• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Oh yeah, neophytes are always the worst kind. Theism or atheism. I've had a VERY religious friend who started studying language philosophy and basically day by day turned into being totally anti.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2015
    Anti-language? shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Well, it's easy to be anti-linguistic wink . Just read into what that science deals with...

Obviously I meant anti-theist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    wink

But yeah, you see that through every conviction and creed.
    Not just religion or anti-theism, but try talking with converted smokers or vegetarians.
    My god...Fanaticism hath no greater friends!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've recently converted to apatheism! Woo!

fireworks punk fireworks
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I've recently converted to apatheism!

Me too. I just couldn't be bothered to mention it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    Well, it's easy to be anti-linguistic wink . Just read into what that science deals with...

Obviously I meant anti-theist.

So he doubled the linguistic turn and came full circle. cheesy
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    I've recently converted to apatheism!

Me too. I just couldn't be bothered to mention it.

Meh.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    :shrug:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

fireworks punk fireworks

I have reverted to antagonism, and not only do I not agree with you, I think you're a jerk. angry
  4. I'm a mystic. Check my profile pic. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

fireworks punk fireworks

I have reverted to antagonism, and not only do I not agree with you, I think you're a jerk. angry

I've just converted to Christianity, and I forgive you! Especially since you're going to burn for all eternity in hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Leaning towards sympatheism I kinda go along with that, yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Given all this converting, we're really both neophytists. We were friends all along! Rejoice! cheesy
  5. Captain Future wrote
    I'm a mystic. Check my profile pic. smile

"What's lower is closer to what's higher"?

Is that the mystic Rose? Makes me wonder what would C. G. Jung say about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2015 edited
    Steven wrote
    Given all this converting, we're really both neophytists. We were friends all along! Rejoice! cheesy

Yeah, I like new things all the time. I'm a bit of a neofetishist.

PawelStroinski wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Urgh! angry
    Try again!
    (Hint: think Hermetica)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Elliot Goldenthal

Goldenthal's voice is sorely missed in film these days. Final Fantasy is one of his greatest accomplishment and one of the finest scores written this millennium!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Elliot Goldenthal

Goldenthal's voice is sorely missed in film these days. Final Fantasy is one of his greatest accomplishment and one of the finest scores written this millennium!

-Erik-

You speaketh the truth!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: DESERT DANCER (Benjamin Wallfisch)

Fantastic score -- one of my favourites of the year so far! Once again, Wallfisch delivers.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Can't wait to spin this one.

NP: El Pueblo Del Sol - Lee Holdridge

A 1983 IMAX film featuring a grand symphonic score by the great Lee Holdridge. The London Symphony performs Holdirdge's soaring themes beautifully! Absolutely stunning!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

PawelStroinski wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Urgh! angry
    Try again!

That's right.
    It's the Celtic Triscelion, that actually does not have anything to do with Hermeticism, but the "all worlds are linked to each other" message relates to it well.
    The central sign is the astrological (and astronomical) symbol of Mercury. I relates to the Greek God Hermes or rather it's imagined Aegyptian version "Hermes Tismegistos". This gold-like person is talked about in the "Corpus Hermeticus", a mystic text that originated in the period of Neo-Platonism by which it is heavily influenced.
    The motto means "As it is above, so it is below". It originates from the "Tabula Smaragdina" a hermetic text that supposedly also is from ancient times but really is a renaissance document. The renaissance was obsessed with Hermeticism. The hermetic secret mediates between what seems to be contradictory (for example heaven and earth). He who learns the secret beyond what is visible will see the "coincidentia oppositorum", the mystic unison of all.
    Hermeticism says that everything is connected with everything and that this interconnectednes shows itself by resemblense and analogy rather than by rational conclusion. This world view values aesthetics over logic. For example the mandrake is supposed to have magic powers to manipulate humans because it resembles the human body.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think I may have just converted to anti-linguisticism.
  7. Captain Future wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

PawelStroinski wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Urgh! angry
    Try again!

That's right.
    It's the Celtic Triscelion, that actually does not have anything to do with Hermeticism, but the "all worlds are linked to each other" message relates to it well.
    The central sign is the astrological (and astronomical) symbol of Mercury. I relates to the Greek God Hermes or rather it's imagined Aegyptian version "Hermes Tismegistos". This gold-like person is talked about in the "Corpus Hermeticus", a mystic text that originated in the period of Neo-Platonism by which it is heavily influenced.
    The motto means "As it is above, so it is below". It originates from the "Tabula Smaragdina" a hermetic text that supposedly also is from ancient times but really is a renaissance document. The renaissance was obsessed with Hermeticism. The hermetic secret mediates between what seems to be contradictory (for example heaven and earth). He who learns the secret beyond what is visible will see the "coincidentia oppositorum", the mystic unison of all.
    Hermeticism says that everything is connected with everything and that this interconnectednes shows itself by resemblense and analogy rather than by rational conclusion. This world view values aesthetics over logic. For example the mandrake is supposed to have magic powers to manipulte humans because it resembles the human body.

smile Volker

I know about the Hermetic tradition (one of my early research subjects was Renaissance), though I haven't actually looked into Hermeticism that much. Thanks for pointing that out smile . It's interesting how they combined several systems, looking for one Truth. For example, Plato's original texts could be accessed only after, if I remember correctly, what would basically be an initiation rite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I think I may have just converted to anti-linguisticism.

So negative are you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Martijn wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Try again!

That's right.
    It's the <loads of words>
    smile Volker

<more words! shocked >

GUYS! angry
    Take it to the Bash-A-Believer thread!

(Oops. Wrong one. Sorry.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2015
    NP: Desert Dancer - Benjamin Wallfisch

sleep

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sorry to hear that, but I had a feeling this wasn't QUITE for you, Erik.

The opening theme alone is about the most beautiful theme I've heard in a long, long time.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's not bad it's just boring. Nice theme... But that's about it.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    There's a track or two that aren't quite up to par, perhaps, but I would say that 90% of it is brilliant. It's very much MY kind of score, anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's all rather Lost-like, which is a style of scoring that is getting increasingly grating.

-Erik-