• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I'm not at all familiar with the score (missed the Prometheus release) so this is new to me. Very curious to hear the samples given the brilliance of their collaboration on SECONDS.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2013 edited
    New from Intrada...

SEVEN DAYS IN MAY

Paired with.....

( see Maurice Jarre thread )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Posted by Tim on facebook:

Tadlow will be releasing a re-recording of Jerry Goldsmith's complete score to the Salamander. A score which has never been released before. No exact release date has been announced yet. But check out the clip, this sounds fantastic

Salamander

have to say, I love these re recordings, especially once they really capture the essence and feel of a Jerry Goldsmith score. And this does sound fantastic. I rather hear a re recording in this kind of quality than hear the original in 'lesser' sound quality.

And again, this piece shows us for the thousand time that Filmmusic is never gonna be the same without Jerry Goldsmith. sad What a mastermind he was. Composers of today, take friggin note of this.

That includes you too Brian Tyler
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013
    Film music is never gonna be the same without Jerry Goldsmith. What a mastermind he was.

AMEN!!! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Posted by Tim on facebook:

An imposter!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. Isn't THE CHAIRMAN coming soon too!?
  3. Timmer wrote
    p.s. Isn't THE CHAIRMAN coming soon too!?

No, that's was always a misunderstanding. Tadlow (James Fitzpatrick) just spoke up about it at FSM, briefly saying it's not.

Who is Tim at Facebook?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Who is Tim at Facebook?

Probably Tim Burden.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Goldsmith could record his farts in 1981 and it would sound better than most scores written today. Like Williams from 1977-1984, Goldsmith in that same period could almost do no wrong.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I've never heard of The Salamander until I heard about this release. Watching the video of the end titles it sounds gorgeous. It's as if Goldsmith is still with us and composing new scores - at least for me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

An imposter!

haha, no.
    The member here is called Timme, but his name is Tim Horemans from Filmmuziek.be.
  6. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've never heard of The Salamander until I heard about this release. Watching the video of the end titles it sounds gorgeous. It's as if Goldsmith is still with us and composing new scores - at least for me.

I know what you mean, and yes it feels like that to me as well. Thank god for it too, considering the crud of most ?composers? output today
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Goldsmith could record his farts in 1981 and it would sound better than most scores written today. Like Williams from 1977-1984, Goldsmith in that same period could almost do no wrong.

-Erik-

you said it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I tried to sit through the movie years ago but didn't last long; I have to say the new recording sounds lightyears better than the bits of score I heard in that movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Where was the original soundtrack recording recorded? In LA or in London?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2013
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Tadlow will be releasing a re-recording of Jerry Goldsmith's complete score to the Salamander. A score which has never been released before. No exact release date has been announced yet. But check out the clip, this sounds fantastic

Salamander

That's a wonderful piece. Had never heard a note of this before. Looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    Where was the original soundtrack recording recorded? In LA or in London?

-Erik-

It was recorded in Rome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yikes!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Wasn't Cassandra Crossing recorded in Rome? That was horrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013
    Can you confirm that James?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Regarding those Rome sessions, any idea what Goldsmith's favorite pizza could have been? And do you think he tossed a coin in the Trevi fountain? cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    One thing's for sure, because he wasn't a total philistine, he certainly wouldn't have had chicken on pizza. There are few people I truly hate but those who have chicken on pizza are very high on my list. They're absolute imbeciles, all of them, and should all be sterilised to make sure they don't produce any offspring.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2013
    Southall wrote
    One thing's for sure, because he wasn't a total philistine, he certainly wouldn't have had chicken on pizza. There are few people I truly hate but those who have chicken on pizza are very high on my list. They're absolute imbeciles, all of them, and should all be sterilised to make sure they don't produce any offspring.

Very true!
  8. NEW INTRADA RELEASE

something tells me I rather wanted the recording of this instead tongue

VON RYAN'S EXPRESS / THE DETECTIVE

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 232
    Date: 1965 / 1968
    Tracks: 33
    Time = 51:26

Delight for Jerry Goldsmith fans! World premiere release of complete soundtrack to riveting Mark Robson WWII action pic starring Frank Sinatra, Trevor Howard. POW escape aboard speeding train plot inspires Goldsmith to score propulsive score for low strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, piano, electric keyboards. Cool architecture of score has primary theme appearing throughout, but in complete form without embellishment only during "End Titles", and here only as quiet understatement for woodwinds, percussion. In elaborated form, theme plays in overt manner with humorous slant during clothes-burning sequence ("Fire Sale"), elsewhere as brief melodic fragment. While score has numerous highlights, getting spotlight are rousing rhythmic action ideas when story moves from Italy POW camp to German sequences. Here, Goldsmith hits hard with incredible display of snare drum, punctuated by aggressive trombone figures. Dynamic in stereo! Also on CD is cool, vivid jazz-infused score for lurid Gordon Douglas cop thriller THE DETECTIVE with Frank Sinatra, Lee Remick, Robert Duvall. Goldsmith anchors with trumpet line for "Main Title" but gives considerable attention to warm treatments, other variants. Both scores appear in stereo from recently remixed, remastered elements courtesy 20th Century Fox, with VON RYAN'S EXPRESS offering generous amount of never-before-released music. Flipper cover, designed by Joe Sikoryak, allows listener to feature either soundtrack on front. Full cue assembly, musician's list inside booklet, informative notes by Julie Kirgo accompany as well. Douglass Fake, Nick Redman produce while Mike Matessino assembles. Listeners benefit! Jerry Goldsmith conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remain!

The Detective Album
    01. The Detective Main Title 1:37
    02. Joe 1:46
    03. The School Dance 0:44
    04. A New Love 1:07
    05. A Family Affair 1:57
    06. Beach Scene 0:53
    07. The Ball Game 0:33
    08. Karen's Story 1:11
    09. Night Talk 2:01
    10. The Safe Cracker 1:59
    11. McIver's Story 2:16
    12. Joe's Decision 2:20

Von Ryan's Express Album
    13. Meet Von Ryan 0:29
    14. Entrance To Compound 2:32
    15. Ryan Walks Forward 0:45
    16. Fire Sale 3:50
    17. The Trek Begins 0:54
    18. Hiding 1:23
    19. Ambushed 1:23
    20. Boxcar 0:52
    21. Welcome To Rome 1:47
    22. Farewell To Rome 0:47
    23. A New Crew 0:44
    24. The Love Birds 0:53
    25. Mission Accomplished 0:31
    26. The Clock Watcher 2:40
    27. Dead End Part 1 1:38
    28. Dead End Part 2 0:51
    29. German Control Center 1:56
    30. End Titles 0:48

The Extras
    31. Welcome To Rome (Mono Version) 1:51
    32. Funeral Sequence 1:48
    33. Fire Sale (Alternate Take) 4:14
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013
    [audio http://sdtom.files.wordpress.com/2006/0 … title.mp3]

An update of my Breakheart Pass review explaining the differences between the La-La Land and Kritzerland releases.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NEW INTRADA RELEASE

something tells me I rather wanted the recording of this instead tongue

VON RYAN'S EXPRESS / THE DETECTIVE

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 232
    Date: 1965 / 1968
    Tracks: 33
    Time = 51:26

Delight for Jerry Goldsmith fans! World premiere release of complete soundtrack to riveting Mark Robson WWII action pic starring Frank Sinatra, Trevor Howard. POW escape aboard speeding train plot inspires Goldsmith to score propulsive score for low strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, piano, electric keyboards. Cool architecture of score has primary theme appearing throughout, but in complete form without embellishment only during "End Titles", and here only as quiet understatement for woodwinds, percussion. In elaborated form, theme plays in overt manner with humorous slant during clothes-burning sequence ("Fire Sale"), elsewhere as brief melodic fragment. While score has numerous highlights, getting spotlight are rousing rhythmic action ideas when story moves from Italy POW camp to German sequences. Here, Goldsmith hits hard with incredible display of snare drum, punctuated by aggressive trombone figures. Dynamic in stereo! Also on CD is cool, vivid jazz-infused score for lurid Gordon Douglas cop thriller THE DETECTIVE with Frank Sinatra, Lee Remick, Robert Duvall. Goldsmith anchors with trumpet line for "Main Title" but gives considerable attention to warm treatments, other variants. Both scores appear in stereo from recently remixed, remastered elements courtesy 20th Century Fox, with VON RYAN'S EXPRESS offering generous amount of never-before-released music. Flipper cover, designed by Joe Sikoryak, allows listener to feature either soundtrack on front. Full cue assembly, musician's list inside booklet, informative notes by Julie Kirgo accompany as well. Douglass Fake, Nick Redman produce while Mike Matessino assembles. Listeners benefit! Jerry Goldsmith conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remain!

The Detective Album
    01. The Detective Main Title 1:37
    02. Joe 1:46
    03. The School Dance 0:44
    04. A New Love 1:07
    05. A Family Affair 1:57
    06. Beach Scene 0:53
    07. The Ball Game 0:33
    08. Karen's Story 1:11
    09. Night Talk 2:01
    10. The Safe Cracker 1:59
    11. McIver's Story 2:16
    12. Joe's Decision 2:20

Von Ryan's Express Album
    13. Meet Von Ryan 0:29
    14. Entrance To Compound 2:32
    15. Ryan Walks Forward 0:45
    16. Fire Sale 3:50
    17. The Trek Begins 0:54
    18. Hiding 1:23
    19. Ambushed 1:23
    20. Boxcar 0:52
    21. Welcome To Rome 1:47
    22. Farewell To Rome 0:47
    23. A New Crew 0:44
    24. The Love Birds 0:53
    25. Mission Accomplished 0:31
    26. The Clock Watcher 2:40
    27. Dead End Part 1 1:38
    28. Dead End Part 2 0:51
    29. German Control Center 1:56
    30. End Titles 0:48

The Extras
    31. Welcome To Rome (Mono Version) 1:51
    32. Funeral Sequence 1:48
    33. Fire Sale (Alternate Take) 4:14

Remember to link it Thomas so people can check out clips. smile

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7975/.f