• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012
    Miya wrote
    I'm surprised to see Top 10 Zimmer List here without Jordi.

That's because Jordi is too "busy" heaping praise on DARK KNIGHT RISES on facebook sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Miya wrote

I told you, he's a shadow of his former self.....
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Miya wrote

That's because Jordi is too "busy" heaping praise on DARK KNIGHT RISES on facebook sleep

Yeah. Facebook is very boring. I don't know how you guys stay awake while on it.
  1. Oh, I have a lot of people I am chatting with there, including the very man that is in the thread's title. I think I can say that it was Facebook that got me in contact in the first place and some of the coolest things happened there at first.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Oh, I have a lot of people I am chatting with there, including the very man that is in the thread's title. I think I can say that it was Facebook that got me in contact in the first place and some of the coolest things happened there at first.

Agreed.

Facebook is only boring if you don't have any friends.

*insert Ricki Lake-type "Ooooooooh" here*
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Oh, I have a lot of people I am chatting with there, including the very man that is in the thread's title. I think I can say that it was Facebook that got me in contact in the first place and some of the coolest things happened there at first.

Agreed.

Whatev!!! If I want to talk to my friend, I'd page them... And wait... and wait... and.... cry........

LOL . Real friends/acquaintances shouldn't talk through Facebook, IMHO. But I would join just to have a chance to friend Mr Zimmer. Maybe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    lp wrote
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Agreed.

Whatev!!! If I want to talk to my friend, I'd page them... And wait... and wait... and.... cry........

LOL . Real friends/acquaintances shouldn't talk through Facebook, IMHO. But I would join just to have a chance to friend Mr Zimmer. Maybe.

Bah. Who needs 'real friends'?

For me, it's all intertwined. I talk with friends on face and in real life plenty. Sometimes, events are created on face that you then go to in 'real life'. Same with job options, potential dates etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm on TV again tonight, to talk about THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and BATMAN in general. It's the summer program for TV 2, the other public tv channel in Norway. A bit nervous, since I'm not an expert on BATMAN. But it's supposed to be kept light.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012 edited
    OK, finished. I have no idea how interesting this is; I don't want to come off as self-centered, but a funny story from the show tonight:

I was on with one of Norway's most-selling crime novelists (who's a bit on the odd and nerdy side), and when they asked him what he thought of the new BATMAN film, he said he would need a 'very pretty and interesting girl' to go with if he were to see it. The hosts then asked me if this was a typical 'date' flick, and I put my arms around the author and said something a la "yes, because you can cuddle in the spooky sequences". That probably caught both him and the hosts offguard, but it was an hilarious moment. smile

Sadly, I was not able to comment on Zimmer's music (to take this back on-topic).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I mean this in the nicest possible way Thor, when I say that it seems that Norwegian and Australian television are more alike than I would have first imagined. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. Thor wrote
    OK, finished. I have no idea how interesting this is; I don't want to come off as self-centered, but a funny story from the show tonight:

I was on with one of Norway's most-selling crime novelists (who's a bit on the odd and nerdy side), and when they asked him what he thought of the new BATMAN film, he said he would need a 'very pretty and interesting girl' to go with if he were to see it. The hosts then asked me if this was a typical 'date' flick, and I put my arms around the author and said something a la "yes, because you can cuddle in the spooky sequences". That probably caught both him and the hosts offguard, but it was an hilarious moment. smile

Sadly, I was not able to comment on Zimmer's music (to take this back on-topic).

I didn't take this as self-centered, and I loved your little anekdonte. If it comes on youtube, or if you place it there, drop us a link, will you?
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I will. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hehe, yeah, I can perfectly imagine you doing it. Somehow it struck me as very much *you* wink.
  4. BobdH wrote
    Hehe, yeah, I can perfectly imagine you doing it. Somehow it struck me as very much *you* wink.

Couldn't agree more.
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  5. Thor wrote

haha, sounds excellent cheesy
    we truly want to see that wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2012 edited
    Just bought AURORA on iTunes, which is an 8:36 min. choir piece composed by Hans Zimmer in dedication of the victims of the Aurora, Denver shooting. It's linked to a donation program, and all proceeds go directly to the victims. The piece itself could be compared to Arvo Pärt and is fitting, and entirely un-Zimmeresque (even though some mention it contains Bruce Wayne's theme).
  6. So it's available in Europe?

And if anyone thought Jordi is crazy, try this:

It's a whole blog post:

http://ithinkyoumissedthepoint.tumblr.c … 85492/ahem

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2012 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    So it's available in Europe?

Yep. Not through the website, but on iTunes it is, for € 1,29.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012
    BobdH wrote
    Just bought AURORA on iTunes, which is an 8:36 min. choir piece composed by Hans Zimmer in dedication of the victims of the Aurora, Denver shooting. It's linked to a donation program, and all proceeds go directly to the victims. The piece itself could be compared to Arvo Pärt and is fitting, and entirely un-Zimmeresque (even though some mention it contains Bruce Wayne's theme).

Of course, it's 50% variations on Bruce Wayne's theme. Nice piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIseL1_l … r_embedded
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012
    Just bought it too off iTunes , nice piece. But nothing particularly new.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012
    The sound and music of Dark Knight Rises

http://soundworkscollection.com/darkknightrises
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2012
  7. I thought it would be a far more negative review and you managed not to attack Hans as a person, which you never do. Great review, one I don't agree with, especially when it comes to the score as heard in the film. You did miss out on some subtleties and managed to slide over the Selina Kyle material (Mind If I Cut In is never mentioned in the text), but still there is more positivity than I expected in the review after what you wrote on this very forum.

Deshi bashara in Sanskrit was my mistake, it is Arabic and means either "He rises" or "rise up".
  8. Southall wrote
    My review of The Dark Knight Rises:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2704

Will you ever control your facebook wall again?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    My review of The Dark Knight Rises:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2704

Will you ever control your facebook wall again?

It now resembles maintitles around the time of The Dark Knight's release!

Does Jordi not post here any more?
  9. No, he doesn't, really. Jordi's cool right now, but the more personal attacks on the review are uncalled for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, I take the rough with the smooth - I put my thoughts out there so it's fair enough for people to have their own say in return. I remember when I was younger I used to get all upset when I read reviews of things that didn't reflect my own opinions, which seems so silly now, but I understand why people get worked up.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I thought it was a very fair review, well done James.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. James, as a big Hans Zimmer fan, I apologise to you for what has happened under the Facebook link you gave to your Dark Knight Rises review. As a reviewer, and as a fan, I think those attacks (even undermining what a review really is) is uncalled for and in fact, very immature on all levels.