• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    7.0 is trying to BE Firefox.

Hey, that's what I said!

It's just what I like about Microsoft. Steal the best ideas from everyone else, and by definition you must end up with the best product.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No way!!

They still don't follow these standards and therefore, I just don't like IE. But that's all not important for non-webdevelopers (and rightfully so), but the other advantages are still putting IE in shadows.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Steal the best ideas from everyone else, and by definition you must end up with the best product.

Vista = Mac OSX...and look how Microsoft's ''best operating system yet'' turned out. wink

I'm about to buy a new PC and I'm still going to get XP. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Beware though that although VISTA standalone SUCKS big time, together with the newly released SP1 on a good pc is far more faster and stable than XP on service pack 2. I am talking from personal experience (have been using it with sp1 for 2 weeks now) and from what i gather around from people and in the net.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008 edited
    I've got Home Basic on my Mac and I can't stand it. Whenever you try to do anything ''Warning - You are about to do something on your system! Are you sure you want to proceed!?!?!?!??!''.

Screw off Microsoft, of course I want to do whatever I'm doing, otherwise I wouldn't do it! crazy

XP still does it for me as I know stuff works on it and it's (fairly) stable. I won't be able to use DirectX 10 (boo hoo), but still..
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Vista's wonderful. Just turn off those messages if you don't like them!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    *shudders*

I'll stick to my old-school operating system ways for now. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    come on mate, you can easily turn off those warnings from the control panel, user settings, turn user something control off. Install sp1 and then we talk, don't rush to pre-judgements. Oh and remember i was one huge enemy of vista before sp1.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    XP wins for me still. Half my stuff doesn't work or isn't available for Vista. sad
  1. I always use the latest Opera build.

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

Some of the 9.50 features are pretty good. The RSS reader is very useful for checking the Upcoming film scores blog automatically. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    like?
  2. The history search, for example.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A logical user interface layout. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2008
    uhm... sorry can't help it... but I have to mention it again... guys... try out linux! For those who still think linux is lame... have a look, don't forget... its free and runs very smoothly even on older hardware.

(and yes you can install opera as well on it...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wek95Y3AJbo

Its all tweakable, so you can make it as simple/extravagant as you like.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    The new Beta 5 of Firefox launches in 1 second! shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    Beta 5?
    I think I'm still on Default 2... 3 and 4 never made int into production, did they?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008 edited
    Firefox 3.0 Download Day!
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/

Set a Guinness World Record
    Enjoy a Better Web

Sounds like a good deal, right? All you have to do is get Firefox 3 during Download Day to help set the record for most software downloads in 24 hours - it’s that easy. We're not asking you to swallow a sword or to balance 30 spoons on your face, although that would be kind of awesome.

By the way, the official date for the launch of Firefox 3 will be posted here soon - so check back! Join our community and this effort by pledging today.

Oh yes!

I pledged!
    Kazoo
  3. Is there a record for number of people NOT downloading in 24 hours?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2008
    Phuh.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Phuh.

biggrin
    Almost as good a word as Pook.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There was a person today who I mentioned the new Firefox update to. They replied with "Oh I use Internet Explorer so I can avoid updates all the time".

I walked away silently. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah, who wants updates. Updates are a sign of bad programming, isn't it!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008
    Opera is really starting to piss me off lately, several websites won't work ok with it during the last 2-3 days, notably facebook. Anyone having the same problems?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2008
    the NEW OPERA is out and it looks great! punk
  4. Yes, I never used the stadard skin of the pre-9.5 versions. The new one looks so much better.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    Yes, I never used the stadard skin of the pre-9.5 versions. The new one looks so much better.

Yup, but Flash isn't working now!! crazy slant
  5. Christodoulides wrote

I may just be lucky, but this new version of the browser seems to be a bit quicker at loading pages. Is this possible?

There are a few glitches though. I notice here that when I add comments and they are then displayed in that yellow-flashing box my post reappears in the "add your comments" box at the bottom of the thread, right below my newly posted comments.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I may just be lucky, but this new version of the browser seems to be a bit quicker at loading pages. Is this possible?

There are a few glitches though. I notice here that when I add comments and they are then displayed in that yellow-flashing box my post reappears in the "add your comments" box at the bottom of the thread, right below my newly posted comments.

Yeah, same here. Don't know if it has to do with the browser or the site though? I mean in relation to this new browser of course, an error which passed by with other versions so far? Don't know, Bregt's the guy for this thing wink

As for what you've said, yes i am very positive too that it's the fastest browser around as we speak.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    WT?F! It seems 10x slower to me and flash still doesn't work. I've gone back to 9.27 now. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    10 minutes ago i was under the impression that the new OPERA was the fastest browser. Well, having tried now that latest pre-release of FIREFOX 3 (which will be officially launched tonight) and although OPERA comes quite close, nothing matches this one here! And INTERNET EXPLORER is far behind both.