• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    I really liked that option where it studies a bit the pages you visit most frequently and does 2 things: creates a quick access thumbnail bookmark page with the 6 most recent visited sites of yours which keeps changing accordingly and when you open the browser it automatically opens and refreshes / reloads the top-3 last most visited pages of yours!

That's all well and good, but I'm not a fan of Google logging everything I go on. It's highly unlikely they'd ever do anything with the data, but I don't think they should have it in the first place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009 edited
    Anyone tempted?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7852340.stm

IE8 BTW.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    Yes, I'm sure I'll upgrade from 7
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Meh. Don't really need anything that's still in beta. Don't get all the fuss about these beta's; recently a friend of mine for example asked if i could help him upgrade to the Windows7 beta "Because Windows Vista was bad." Seriously, how would beta software help him in increasing his computer experience? Because Windows7 is better received by the 'press'?

And for me personally, Vista is the most stable system I've had, just like XP before it. Yes, it's a bit slower, but it's more secure and even looks better. Damn you, media!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yes, Vista is excellent. Of course I'll upgrade to IE8, but at the moment I see nothing wrong with IE7 so don't see the need to use a beta.
  1. Yes, I don't hold anything against Vista.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    OK, so we've found three people who don't have a bad thing to say about Windows Vista. This must be some kind of record. (Though admittedly, most people who criticise it have never actually used it, much as with IE.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anyone tempted?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7852340.stm

IE8 BTW.

The important thing Firefox users need to remember, is no matter what features other browsers add on, someone will make a plugin for Firefox within a week anyway. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Lets use Firefox Beta 1. At least all sites display properly then. And it's still multiple times faster than IE8. And I still don't see why someone would use IE8 when you have Firefox. smile

Nothing beats the speed of Google Chrome though, pity there are no add-ons yet, otherwise it would've been a hard choice between Firefox and Chrome.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    IE8 Beta? vomit

Well, of course you won't have problems with vista if you just use it to browse the net and listen to music.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What I wonder about Vista is how will it work with many of the 6 year old program versions I have of Photoshop, Word, Excel, and others. I had to start over with stuff when I went from 98 to XP and I really don't have the desire to want to do that again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    IE8 Beta? vomit

Well, of course you won't have problems with vista if you just use it to browse the net and listen to music.

I'm an IT professional, so I think i know the ins and outs of Vista pretty well :P
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Which are? Seriously, i am interested, and if you know the specifics, i'd like to know the performance differences (if any) between vista x86 and x64.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote
    What I wonder about Vista is how will it work with many of the 6 year old program versions I have of Photoshop, Word, Excel, and others. I had to start over with stuff when I went from 98 to XP and I really don't have the desire to want to do that again.

Does anyone know?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I would't think it would be much of a problem: the transition from Windows 98 to Windows XP was a huge leap in changed technology when compared to a change from XP to Vista.

Office XP or 2003 runs on Vista without problem, and I'm sure mainstream software like Photoshop will too.

That said, I have no firsthand experience.
    I'm not moving to Vista as it offers no additional benefit over XP for me (but is a significant resource drain). Even if I would be buying a new computer, I'd still downgrade to XP at this time.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    what SOFTWARE works in VISTA
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compat … e=Software

what HARDWARE works in VISTA
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compat … e=Hardware
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thanks Demetris
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    I am using SAFARI for windows as we speak, really easy, comfy and clear-cut, i like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    I've been using Safari since it was packed with Mac OS X, and satisfied with it. I've never tried any other browsers on Mac OS X though. (I used Netscape before Safari...)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, this is Safari on Windows though which means you can't have all the cool plugins, but firefox has them anyway. Safari simple, fast and convenient. I like it too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Netscape Navigator for the win! punk

Edited to add: shocked Holy Copra!
    I didn't see Miya was actually still using that when I posted.
    I was just being annoyingly facetious again!

Miya, hadn't Netscape been discontinued from 1973 onwards or so?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Oh no, of course I am not using Netscape now.
    I was using Netscape Navigator when I was using Mac OS 8-9 (late 1990s - early 2000s).

English grammar is difficult! (past form, past perfect, preterit-present...!?!? These stuff always confuse me!) dizzy biggrin

Btw, I've been a mac user since I was 4 or 5. I'm brainwashed by Steve Jobs. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Miya wrote
    English grammar is difficult! (past form, past perfect, preterit-present...!?!? These stuff always confuse me!) dizzy biggrin

No, no! Your English was faultless!
    I just misunderstood. spin

Btw, I've been a mac user since I was 4 or 5. I'm brainwashed by Steve Jobs. wink

Why can't women just admit they use Macs because they look more fashionable? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Don't worry. Your English grammar isn't just perfect - it's pluperfect!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Martijn wrote
    Miya wrote

Why can't women just admit they use Macs because they look more fashionable? biggrin

Macintosh wasn't that fashionable when I started to use it! (maybe in 1988 or so?) wink

I've been a mac user for a long time, just because my father is a computer engineer and allowed me and my brother to play with his Macintosh. I used to draw pictures and play kiddie games on Mac. I also liked making "stack"s on HyperCard. Good old days, lol.

Time goes on, my brother also became a kind of engineer. On the other hand I never had any interest on technical stuff about computers. So, sometimes when Dad tries to explain to me why Mac is superior to Windows in terms of engineering, I can't understand much of his words. Sorry daddy tongue biggrin

So I still use Macs just because I'm used to it too much. But I can use Windows too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Southall wrote
    Don't worry. Your English grammar isn't just perfect - it's pluperfect!

*confused more* dizzy biggrin
  2. Pluperfect is a term for Past Perfect in the English terminology. It's when you refer to events that happened before the past events you mentioned somewhere else.
  3. Literally Plus quam perfectum (more than perfect)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Yeah. I learned about it at high school... but they taught those terms in Japanese. spin
  4. Can you give me some Japanese grammar terms?