• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Those aren't fruits, and therefore do not count.

I know, but he said no bananas, obviously, i should try for mixed of eggs and tomatoes. Do you get my point? wink

No, but do you?

YES!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    To eat?

Or to attack with?

Really? in my country, if people get frustrated or like to have fun, they use eggs and tomatoes to throw at a person (especially, in movies biggrin ). I thought that would be sufficient for you. wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    Just thought I'd mention, supposed inside information is that there's a good chance for John Williams to return for Deathly Hallows, but WB have also been in negotiation with two other composers (names not revealed), and possibly have decided the final composer(s) now. It should be officially announced within two months or so.

As long as it isn't someone like Tyler Bates or Paul Haslinger, we should be fine. tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would guess it all depends on if JW wants to do it? The film won't get a bigger name up in lights than Williams.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Williams did say in 2007 he wants to do it, but there are a horde of Spielberg flicks coming up in the following years...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'd love to see Williams do it but wonder if he would really want to commit to two films (both probably needing very long scores) and probably enforced London recordings.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009
    I say do it. Spielberg should hand over anything to Silvestri temporarily.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    If he were handing over to Horner then I might agree but I'd probably rather hear Williams score whatever Spielberg makes than hear more Potter from him (we do already have three JW scores in the series after all).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009 edited
    Yeh but these final two films are going to be really huge and action-filled, and a Williams score for them will be nothing short of freakin' epic! Williams is already scoring the Spielberg film I'm most interested in (Tintin), and I wouldn't mind if someone else scores Lincoln.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Williams will score a Spielberg film over anything else. That's a fact and nothing will ever change that unless Quincy Jones is producing the next Spielberg film and insists that he and forty-seven million other composers write the score while stealing the main theme from another Georges Delerue score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Does Spielberg actually have anything coming up (after Tintin)? I thought with Harvey being abandoned he didn't have anything confirmed. I'd love to hear Williams's score for Lincoln so I hope that one gets made! (Though if it does, maybe he'll kick himself for already using Copland's "Lincoln Portrait" in Saving Private Ryan).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    IMDb lists Interstellar coming in 2013. I think a date for Lincoln isn't announced yet (I hope it's around the same time or later).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    We are back on subject. This is really good sign for this thread. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What's that about bananas? Yeah, they're pretty good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and a great source of slow carbs so I hear?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Ah here we go again. The ever popular fruit discussion.

It's your fault Sunil.

Bananas should only be used for attacking people...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009 edited
    Question about Indy And The Last Crusade - What is that really annoying clicking sound that takes place throughout the majority of the chase sequence in Indy's Very First Adventure? It starts at 4:53 onwards on the full 12 minute version. It's not on every beat but just shows up here and there and it's driving me nuts. It can be very clearly heard on the rear channels.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nope. Nobody's hearing it.
    Must be you.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Curses, and to think the whole board listened and checked within two minutes. Impressive! cool wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Question about Indy And The Last Crusade - What is that really annoying clicking sound that takes place throughout the majority of the chase sequence in Indy's Very First Adventure?

Click track. Some times that will bleed through the players headsets.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Man that's annoying! crazy
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    I'd love to see Williams do it but wonder if he would really want to commit to two films (both probably needing very long scores) and probably enforced London recordings.

The same poster noted that each film would be around 2 1/2 hours apiece. If Williams composed as much music as Patrick Doyle did for GOF (which was 100 minutes of score) for each of the first three movies, then he would have to compose over three hours of music for essentially a 5-hour movie.

I am very interested in who these two composers WB is in negotiations with to score the final HP films should Williams bow out and/or is unable to do it. I certainly wouldn't mind having Patrick Doyle return, as long as he used at least a bit more of Williams' themes aside from "Hedwig's Theme."
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote

It's your fault Sunil.

Bananas should only be used for attacking people...

OK! DONE. :banana:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009
    Has someone attended "Star Wars: In Concert". According to the spanish press they are going to perform it in Madrid next march. Any comments?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Marselus wrote
    Has someone attended "Star Wars: In Concert". According to the spanish press they are going to perform it in Madrid next march. Any comments?

Great Scott! you are making me so jealous about this. Damn! Damn! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009 edited
    Dunno if it has been mentioned anywhere else but "Star Wars : In Concert" is coming to Antwerp on March 30th - 2010 . Ticket sales start this wednesday december 16th . Moren info right here . YOOHOO , I can't wait !!

punk
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Eric wrote
    Dunno if it has been mentioned anywhere else but "Star Wars : In Concert" is coming to Antwerp on March 30th - 2010 . Ticket sales start this wednesday december 16th . Moren info right here . YOOHOO , I can't wait !!

punk

cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    Eric wrote

punk

Sigh....the article walks into the classic DEER HUNTER "trap" (John Williams the guitarist vs. John Williams the composer). Quite embarassing for such an event, don't you think? Still, it looks fun. I wish it came to Norway.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What really bugs me is on the official website, they describe them as "the greatest scores ever composed."

They are without a doubt my favourite scores of all time, but a remark like that still annoys me. rolleyes

Also, this will be showing in Britain again next year. Birmingham I think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    What really bugs me is on the official website, they describe them as "the greatest scores ever composed."

They are without a doubt my favourite scores of all time, but a remark like that still annoys me. rolleyes

Also, this will be showing in Britain again next year. Birmingham I think?

Yeah, i remember we mentioned this before in the forum. It's very arrogant.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.