• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Having my first paper published since I finished at my old job is quite satisfying. Here's hoping that it works as a bit of advertising as well as being an interesting article for the wound care community.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013
    Nice on Alan! Has it been hard to get it published? Or how does this work?
    Kazoo
  2. Bregt wrote
    Nice on Alan! Has it been hard to get it published? Or how does this work?

Most of the writing work I have been doing is for stuff where I have "ghost-written" some of the technical stuff for company literature but there has been a couple of pieces that are for publication. So, I write them and they are reviewed by the sponsoring company who make suggestions. Once the draft is prepared a target journal is identified and it is submitted. It's peer-reviewed by 2-3 reviewers who can recommend rejecting it immediately or they can recommend that it be accepted on condition that comments they make are acted upon. (Articles can be accepted immediately without corrections, but I have never had this happen!)

It's always a battle to keep the reviewers happy as well as keeping "on message" with the company who is sponsoring the article (whether it's a client or a company who you are employed by.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013
    Congratulations Alan! smile kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  3. Good to hear that Alan, hope it all works out.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013
    Congrats, Alan!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013
    Well done Alan and happy St. Andrews day beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013
    I get one of Gomez infrequent visits this evening while I'm reading a paper relaxing on the couch, he climbs to my chest and goes into a deep sleep..... I wake up nearly two hours later sleep

Cats have that ability to knock humans out. cat
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Got myself a new USB midi cotoroller: M-Audio Oxygene (sic!) 61

With it comes a quasi DAW: Ignite which is visceral to use and a fine tool for beginners.

I made a first go at DAWs and VSTs some years ago but my PC lacked the required power then. That is over now and I can finally put the software I have to good use. So when time allowes I will produce some Jarre and Vangelis imitation thingies. I am not much of a composer and my ambitions arn't real hight, but it's a relaxing past time.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. I've been looking at that (or a similar) M-Audio recently. Been thinking of replacing my Evolution MK249 with one that has slider controls on it. Might come in handy seeing as a copy of EWQL Symphonic Orchestra is being delivered today!! spin

(Un-bloody-fortunately, it's being delivered to my work address on the one day I'm working from home, bugger! biggrin )

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2013
    Just thought I'd let you all know that after more than 20 years together ( mostly on rather than off ) Me and Melanie are getting married this Thursday the 12th December.
  6. Congrats Timmer! Have a fabulous day! beer
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Woooow! That is wonderful news Tim! cheesy punk

20 years man! That is long. Congratulations and all the best!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Loves ya guys kiss beer
  7. Congratulations to you both. I will raise a glass to you both.
  8. Excellent, Tim. Congratulations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2013 edited
    Awesome news, Tim! (and you're so good at keeping secrets about your personal life).

Heartfelt congratulations.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2013
    Congrats Tim!
  9. Congrats Tim!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  10. That's a good boy! Have great day tomorrow! Alles Gute für Melanie und dich! (Let her read that.)

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    More importantly, which piece of film music are you going to play? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    For your consideration I would suggest a Williams piece to accompany walking to the aisle.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2013 edited
    applause ( I wonder how many others, besides myself, has heard 1941 played live by the composer? )

It's yet to be approved by my better half but will most likely be a piece by John Barry, a choice which I know will shock you all greatly.
  11. Edit:
    On second thought: bad taste. Let's pretend I never said that. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Congratulations Tim both to you and Mel! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Just thought I'd let you all know that after more than 20 years together ( mostly on rather than off ) Me and Melanie are getting married this Thursday the 12th December.

Incredible news! So happy for you myfriend! smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thank you everyone kiss <-Stavi hug <-everyone else

I'm surprisingly calm at the moment.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Edit:
    On second thought: bad taste. Let's pretend I never said that. shame

What!?? Fess up man. We British thrive on bad taste.
  12. Err, well, you referred to a possible John Barry cue for your wedding and I suggested

"Into the (Black) Hole"