• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012 edited
    BasilB wrote
    Does anyone have any new informations about Horners involvement in "Amazing Spider-Man" and a possible release of "Cristiada"?

There's still no official announcement of any composer for "Amazing Spider-Man" yet (if I'm not mistaken) and "cristiada" seems to have gone into limbo for quite a while... I want new Horner material!! :-)

I had hoped that you asked him back in October(?) in Frankfurt whether he is scoring Amazing Spider-Man.

I think the problem with Cristiada is that the film still has not found distributor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012
    BasilB wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Basil, warn us long beforehand if there's ever gonna be a Horner concert be in Lucerne!

There will be!!!
    No date set yet, but we already created two concert programs (one evening with "Adventures in Space" and one evening with "War, Love and Tragedy"). Now, we just try to really make that one happen and win Mr. Horner over to Lucerne...;-)

Stay tuned for up-dates! :-)

Now that would be G-R-E-A-T
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cristiada has been recorded and I believe the film is ready to go, but nobody will release it as far as I understand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Yes. To Southall you listen.

The score is apparently very 'danger motif' heavy, with added Spanish guitar and charango.
  1. HA!!!

Wasn't THIS the VERY SCORE I jokingly said would have the four note Danger motif played on Spanish guitar?

Assuming he's not pulling a funny on his site, I nailed this one.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote
    I have now reviewed my most-played 2011 score:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2181

Great review, James! Couldn't agree more! Just a great score and the reason, why I want to hear more new music by Horner! :-)

Btw, Zwick doing "The Great Wall" (shooting in China)! Now that would be another great chance for Horner to score a movie, that needs to have ethnic musical elements in it (a very important factor for Horner to do a movie (on location shoot in foreign countries), as he told me back in Octorber in Frankfurt). Fingers crossed!!!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Antineutrino wrote
    BasilB wrote
    Does anyone have any new informations about Horners involvement in "Amazing Spider-Man" and a possible release of "Cristiada"?

There's still no official announcement of any composer for "Amazing Spider-Man" yet (if I'm not mistaken) and "cristiada" seems to have gone into limbo for quite a while... I want new Horner material!! :-)

I had hoped that you asked him back in October(?) in Frankfurt whether he is scoring Amazing Spider-Man.

I think the problem with Cristiada is that the film still has not found distributor.

Of course I did ask him about that!
    And he said, that he actually is in talks with the director of "Amazing Spider-Man" (he arrived about 20 minutes too late for the interview, because he had a lengthy chat with Webb (director) on phone, as he told me). But he said (back in October), that "Amazing Spider-Man" is one of three projects that he is eyeing and that he has to make a final decision about scoring it or not very soon... now, five months later, still no news... that worries me a bit! ;-)

As for "Cristiada": score is done (as James write some posts above) and mixed (as Simon Rhodes told me in a short interview, that will be featured with the lengthy Horner interview in the up-coming edition of the film music magazin CinemaMusica). Unfortunately, the film seems to be really brutal... maybe that's one of the reasons, why the studios hesitate to distribute it... I really just hope, that the movie will get back on track and that we will have a score release sooner or later!!?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Timmer wrote
    Good luck with that.

Back in the late 90's Horner was going to do some TITANIC concerts and it never happened and that was while the iron was hot.

That's true. As an avid follower of James Horners work I got that story too.
    I know, that getting Horner to do a concert that features his film music is a heavy task that might likely never happen. But we can always give it a try.
    During the interview back in October he told me, that he actually thinks about doing more concert work. And as his assisstant at GSA Music wrote me, he is very busy (but on what? Maybe concert work? ;-)).
  2. "Song of Names"
    "The Amazing Spider-Man"

No doubt.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BasilB wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Good luck with that.

Back in the late 90's Horner was going to do some TITANIC concerts and it never happened and that was while the iron was hot.

That's true. As an avid follower of James Horners work I got that story too.
    I know, that getting Horner to do a concert that features his film music is a heavy task that might likely never happen. But we can always give it a try.
    During the interview back in October he told me, that he actually thinks about doing more concert work. And as his assisstant at GSA Music wrote me, he is very busy (but on what? Maybe concert work? ;-)).

Lets hope so. For Horner I would come to Lucerne ( and for hiking too wink )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2012 edited
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ … s/?a=55665

Wondercon has confirmed that Jame Horner WILL be scoring THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!

Ah, yeah! That's right! Wondercon has confirmed that James Horner is scoring the summer flick through this panel description:

WonderCon (1:00-2:00, Room 204) Behind the Music with CW3PR Panel:

Composing for Fan-Favorite Projects— Featuring the musically creative minds behind this year’s top sci-fi/fantasy/action/animated television series and highly anticipated films. A group of talented composers describe how they elevate scoring to new heights, provide sneak peaks to their projects, and participate in WonderCon’s exclusive debut of a LIVE composing demo. Prolific composers include Nathan Barr (True Blood), James Horner (The Amazing Spider-Man), James Levine (American Horror Story), Mark Isham (Once Upon a Time), Robert Duncan (Castle), Jim Dooley (Wilfred), David Ari Leon (The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes), and Danny Jacob (Phineas and Ferb). Composer Joey Newman (The Middle) moderates. A Q&A session and exclusive giveaways will follow the discussion!

The Amazing Spider-Man will release July, 3rd, this summer!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2012
    Antineutrino wrote
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ … s/?a=55665

Wondercon has confirmed that Jame Horner WILL be scoring THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!

Ah, yeah! That's right! Wondercon has confirmed that James Horner is scoring the summer flick through this panel description:

WonderCon (1:00-2:00, Room 204) Behind the Music with CW3PR Panel:

Composing for Fan-Favorite Projects— Featuring the musically creative minds behind this year’s top sci-fi/fantasy/action/animated television series and highly anticipated films. A group of talented composers describe how they elevate scoring to new heights, provide sneak peaks to their projects, and participate in WonderCon’s exclusive debut of a LIVE composing demo. Prolific composers include Nathan Barr (True Blood), James Horner (The Amazing Spider-Man), James Levine (American Horror Story), Mark Isham (Once Upon a Time), Robert Duncan (Castle), Jim Dooley (Wilfred), David Ari Leon (The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes), and Danny Jacob (Phineas and Ferb). Composer Joey Newman (The Middle) moderates. A Q&A session and exclusive giveaways will follow the discussion!

The Amazing Spider-Man will release July, 3rd, this summer!

Fantastic! Great to finally have a confirmation of this assignement (as far as confirmations in Hollywood go).
    Always looking forward to a new Horner score. Bring it on!
    • CommentAuthorteatree
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2012
    It's not a confirmation.
    ComicBookMovie does not check its sources. I could have written this program myself because rumor has existed since September. James Horner does not participate in the WonderCon.

1:00-2:00 Behind the Music: Composing for Fan-Favorite Projects— Featuring the musically creative minds behind this year's top sci-fi/fantasy/action/animated television series and highly anticipated films. A group of talented composers describe how they elevate scoring to new heights, provide sneak peaks to their projects, and participate in WonderCon's exclusive debut of a LIVE composing demo. Prolific composers include Nathan Barr (True Blood), Jim Dooley (Wilfred), Robert Duncan (Castle), Mark Isham (Once Upon A Time), Danny Jacob (Phineas and Ferb), David Ari Leon (The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes) and Blake Neely (The Mentalist). A special guest moderator will be announced. A Q&A session and exclusive giveaways will follow the discussion! Hosted by CW3PR, Costa Communications and ASCAP.
    Room 204

source : http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc_prog_sun.php
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2012
    teatree wrote
    It's not a confirmation.
    ComicBookMovie does not check its sources. I could have written this program myself because rumor has existed since September. James Horner does not participate in the WonderCon.

Ah, okay. Pity!
    Well, it would have surprised me anyway, to see Horner participating in the WonderCon.
    So, fingers crossed, that this assignement does get an official confirmation soon.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012
    Seems like "Cristiada" has surfaced again... and hopefully James Horners score as well.

ARC Entertainment is planning to release the movie in selected US cinemas on 1 Juni 2012. It will no longer be titeled as "Cristiada" but as "For Greater Glory". Great news!

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118051260
  3. http://collider.com/marc-webb-amazing-s … ew/153084/

Webb reveals that he just heard James Horner’s first cue for the film and he calls it “spectacular.” I also tried to find out what songs would be in the movie and if he went after any bands, but Webb just smiled and wouldn’t answer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2012 edited
    Antineutrino wrote
    http://collider.com/marc-webb-amazing-s … ew/153084/

Webb reveals that he just heard James Horner’s first cue for the film and he calls it “spectacular.”

lick lick
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2012
    Let's hope so but to be honest the director is hardly going to say 'it's alright'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Yeah.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorBlu
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    to be honest the director is hardly going to say 'it's alright'.

He could simply not mention the score at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012
    Glad i am not the only one then smile

‘Titanic’ Theme Song Makes Kate Winslet ‘Feel Like Throwing Up’ | SNS Post

(MTV) “Like throwing up.” That’s how Kate Winslet feels when she hears Celine Dion‘s “My Heart Will Go On,” the once-inescapable theme to “Titanic.”
    “No, I shouldn’t say that,” Winslet added, thinking through her response before coming to this conclusion: “No, actually, I do feel like throwing up.”

http://www.snspost.com/titanic-theme-so … rowing-up/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Glad i am not the only one then smile

‘Titanic’ Theme Song Makes Kate Winslet ‘Feel Like Throwing Up’ | SNS Post

(MTV) “Like throwing up.” That’s how Kate Winslet feels when she hears Celine Dion‘s “My Heart Will Go On,” the once-inescapable theme to “Titanic.”
    “No, I shouldn’t say that,” Winslet added, thinking through her response before coming to this conclusion: “No, actually, I do feel like throwing up.”

http://www.snspost.com/titanic-theme-so … rowing-up/

The theme is lovely, but the Dion warblings I could be without.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm with Kate vomit

...but I do like the tune.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2012
    Love this Avatar thingy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfvwUBNg-X8
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    cool Nice one D
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2012 edited
    Thanks for this D. While Horner continues to be one of my biggest film music frustrations he also bring me much joy. dizzy And I'm so amazed at how I did a complete 180 concerning my appreciation of this score in the past few months. A lot of thanks for that goes to Southall, who indirectly had me revisit the score when he posted about it being one of his all time favorite Horner albums here at MT. My appreciation of the music is also heightened when I get the chance to see and hear Horner talk about the score in such video like the one D posted. I have a lot of respect for how he approaches film music and the creation of his scores. Avatar along with BT's Monster and Daft Punk's Tron Legacy gets a lot of play in this household! I can't seem to get enough of it.

Now, this sort of thing doesn't happen all the time... I think the last time something like this happened to me was many moons ago with Goldsmith's score to Medicine Man. Loathed it... I actually returned the album... and then acquired it again years later and fell in love!

-Erik-

PS - That being said I highly doubt I will change my mind concerning Black Gold. wink
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2012 edited
    The one track on Avatar that still disappoints to this day, where it should-ve been the absolute show-stopper is the 'War' cue. I can't get over the fact how generic it sounds, even after countless listens. It's so far removed from some of the more complex and interesting finale battle music James has done. It's loud as hell, I give it that, but is it memorable? Not as much as I'd like to.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    War is only half of the epic battle music Horner wrote for the film. A lot of the unreleased stuff is big, powerful and complex. As a whole it works really well but I was like you on my initials listen of Avatar and the "War" track in particular!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    What disappointed to me the most was the lack of a proper closure, either a bold statement of the main theme or those last musical moments in the film that ended it so thrillingly. As I remember it, it just stops and goes into that awful song.