• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011
    Thanks!!I'm so happy for that release date info today that i think i will order this soon as my Christmas gift:-)
    • CommentAuthorBlu
    New Horner CD! Fantastic!
  1. I've always wanted to hear the four note Danger Motif on spanish guitar with Incantation playing Mariachi band instruments for rhythem.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    justin boggan wrote
    I've always wanted to hear the four note Danger Motif on spanish guitar with Incantation playing Mariachi band instruments for rhythem.

Ähm.... what does the "Black Gold" synopsis have in common with a Mariachi band and spanish guitars?
  2. Imagine a smily at the end of my post.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012
    Varese Sarabande just released the track list and cover art of "Black Gold":

1. Main Title — A Desert Truce (6:34)
    2. Horizon To Horizon (3:59)
    3. The Wonders Of Wealth (1:49)
    4. “I Have Chosen You” (3:22)
    5. “You Were A Prince” (1:47)
    6. Leaving As An Emissary (5:19)
    7. Father And Son (1:50)
    8. Phantom Army (1:48)
    9. “So This Is War” (1:56)
    10. The Blowing Sands (4:27)
    11. Fresh Water (1:51)
    12. One Brother Lives, One Brother Dies (6:44)
    13. Battle In The Oil Fields (5:13)
    14. A Kingdom Of Oil (8:43)

Not James Horners longest album, but a very pleasent one indeed.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Exlusive First Listen of James Horners latest album release BLACK GOLD over at Cinema Musica:

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1706/epik-un … black-gold

Enjoy!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    For those that have Enemy at the Gates... you've had your own exclusive listen since 2001. tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sweet! I love Enemy At The Gates!
  3. I don't. Erik's suite is all I'll ever need. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Kiss ass...
  4. moon lick
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    i simply LOVE those samples...i was hungry for a traditional romantic adventure score like this after all those ambient electronic invasion of this year and remote factory product...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Me too!

In BLACK GOLD I hear Horner channeling/homaging/stealing ( depending on your opinion of Horner ) Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring in the track The Blowing Sands, this will also mean that John Williams was channeling/homaging/stealing too as he used the exact same piece in STAR WARS.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kri1985 wrote
    i simply LOVE those samples...i was hungry for a traditional romantic adventure score like this after all those ambient electronic invasion of this year and remote factory product...

I agree with you Krisztina and this score will be a must buy for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    For those that have Enemy at the Gates... you've had your own exclusive listen since 2001. tongue

-Erik-

biggrin punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sounds pretty good though. I really missed this sound in today's film music.
  5. I'll stay away from the clips. Of course I'm going to buy it and I want to be surprised completely.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    I'll stay away from the clips. Of course I'm going to buy it and I want to be surprised completely.

Unlikely wink

Still, like I said above, I really liked the clips a lot and I'll definitely be buying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Black Gold isn't any where as good.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sounds good to me...... wink

Anyway, James Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    So Black Gold is Enemy At The Gates and Enemy At The Gates is Schindler List but what is Schindler List?
  6. Mahler's 8th Symphony
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

We'll see. I haven't heard the clips yet, I'll probably just wait for the album.
  7. Pass.
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

If that's the case Black Gold might be much better than I expect.

Because I thought Enemy at the Gates was generic and uninteresting for the most part, except for the great opening cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Mahler's 8th Symphony

Well done. It always amused me that Horner got criticised for stealing Schindler's List when he was presumably stealing the same thing that Williams stole.

Anyway, Enemy at the Gates is one Horner album I just can't sit through. What's this suite of Erik's? A sequence of cues that make a decent listen? I suspect there's a good album in there somewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote

Anyway, Enemy at the Gates is one Horner album I just can't sit through. What's this suite of Erik's? A sequence of cues that make a decent listen? I suspect there's a good album in there somewhere.

I cut the score down to a nice 17 and a half minute suite a few years ago. I tried my best to eliminate as much of the four note danger motif that I could.

Click HERE TO DOWNLOAD!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Mahler's 8th Symphony

Well done. It always amused me that Horner got criticised for stealing Schindler's List when he was presumably stealing the same thing that Williams stole.

Biggest issue is that Horner used the same motif/theme Williams did in a World War II picture but it's wasn't the first time Horner used it... Balto was the first time Horner dabbled with that theme.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

I cut the score down to a nice 17 and a half minute suite a few years ago. I tried my best to eliminate as much of the four note danger motif that I could.

Click HERE TO DOWNLOAD!

-Erik-

Great, thanks - will give it a listen later!