• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009
    I am playing it now. It's exactly the kind of Desplat i adore.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009
    L'Armée du Crime will be out this monday. For some cues, listen here:

http://www.naive.fr/#/artist/l-armee-du-crime

No news of score for Twilight New Moon just a song soundtrack.

The CD for The Fantastic Mr. Fox contains 10 score cues, 2 Georges Delerue cues ( !!!) and
    some songs.

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Mr-Fox- … l_1#disc_1

He really has an interesting and varied year.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tintin wrote
    The CD for The Fantastic Mr. Fox contains 10 score cues, 2 Georges Delerue cues ( !!!) and
    some songs.

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Mr-Fox- … l_1#disc_1

Now that is a horrible CD cover. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Jeez, that's a LOT of songs on there. I guess if the score runs around 50 min then it won't really matter. Looking forward to getting this!

The Twilight score CD will possibly announced soon enough. The first one came a little later than the songs one too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009
    All my fears regarding FANTASTIC MR.FOX are coming true. freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DemonStar wrote
    Jeez, that's a LOT of songs on there. I guess if the score runs around 50 min then it won't really matter.

How can you tell!? Desplat might have only written six minutes of good music for the film, or he might have written three hours of it. How do you know that 50 minutes is the magic number which would make it good?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    That's possible, yes, but seeing how many songs on soundtracks CDs these days are unused in the film itself and of a more "inspired by" type, I'll be pissed if there's good score unreleased because of this crap. I guess we'll find out after watching the film.
  1. I imagine the songs will be used fairly well in a Wes Anderson film, and it's good to see Delerue get some retrospective respect.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Julie et Julia is quite fluffy and enjoyable, i am playing it now...quite pleasant for Sunday afternoon dinners with friends wink
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Christodoulides wrote
    All my fears regarding FANTASTIC MR.FOX are coming true. freezing

I assumed he would get a proper release..... but now I'm starting to have fears as well. Maybe the Desplat tracks are each 5 minutes long? Although that is unlikely...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009 edited
    The score CD of Alexandre Desplat's score to Twilight: New Moon will be released on November 24 by E1 Entertainment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    I am very curious as to how it'll turn out, this one. First one was a big snoozer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Me too. I didn't like Burwell's score but knowing Desplat's style, I think this is a very promising one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent news though, i am always eager for new Desplat music!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I liked Burwell's score... I'm surprised it is disliked so much. But I like Desplat a lot so I'm very curious to hear his score.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    A complete free listen of L'Armée du Crime is at music me. Just write Alexandre Desplat's name in the search engine. There is a poignant violin solo in the first cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    Interesting, thanks Martin!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009
    Excellent news, Polanski’s ‘Ghost’ scored by Alexandre Desplat

R.P. Productions, the film company run by Roman Polanski, has confirmed to MovieScore Magazine that French composer Alexandre Desplat is doing the original score for Polanski’s new film, The Ghost. The film is currently in post-production, but it remains unclear if the film will be delayed or not as a result of the recent arrest of Polanski in Switzerland. According to various sources, Desplat is among the individuals who signed a petition organized by Société des Auteurs et Compositeurs Dramatiques to set the famous 76-year old director free (Polanski is imprisoned in Switzerland on a 31-year-old U.S. charge of child rape).

More info at:
    http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/10/p … e-desplat/
  2. So, if Desplat had a 13 year old daughter, and Polanski raped her, he'd still sign the petition? Right, Mr. Desplat?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I can only take this comment as a (bad) joke.
  3. There is nothing funny about it, or the stupidity involved in signing that thing.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009 edited
    I hope Polanski is released and that we'll see and end to both this unfortunate incident and the finishing of the film.

And yes, that was an awful and unnecessary joke on Justin's behalf, however you feel about the case.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote
    There is nothing funny about it, or the stupidity involved in signing that thing.

Stupidity in what? The whole Polanski thing is obviously a huge stinky media / politics game with the Swiss government kissing Obama's ass 31 years after the said action which too has a not so innocent background. Read the Polanski thread for more, esp. what mr.Tilton wrote about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    More info about the film, it seems that it's going to be finished with or without him.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/10/02/ … thout-him/
  4. justin boggan wrote
    So, if Desplat had a 13 year old daughter, and Polanski raped her, he'd still sign the petition? Right, Mr. Desplat?

Well the thing is, I suspect he knows there's next to no chance of Polanski raping either of his daughters.
    Something that also seems to have registered with Philippe Sarde.
    And Wojciech Kilar.
    And Ennio Morricone.
    And Rachel Portman, mother that she is.
    And Vangelis.
    But strangely enough, not you.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. Symphonette #2.

And.... How old is Desplat's daughter? Does anybody know?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009 edited
    I'm kind of distant from this whole controversy, and don't know many of the details, but would anyone feel any pity for him if he wasn't a famous director? I don't think famous people should get special treatment when it comes to the law, but like I said, I don't know the details.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009
    Panthera wrote
    I'm kind of distant from this whole controversy, and don't know many of the details, but would anyone feel any pity for him if he wasn't a famous director? I don't think famous people should get special treatment when it comes to the law, but like I said, I don't know the details.

Would it get such an attention and austere reactions from the Swiss government if it wasn't a media / politics' game based on his famous name?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Back then Polanski admitted that he had commited the crime. He run away from punishment to France. He has never been punished for this crime. In a normal society crimes such as this should be punished because it never lapses. So I, too, don't understand all those people who sign the petition for Polanski. If he is innocent, let's give him a chance to prove it before the court. If he is not, let him get what he deserves.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a movie one day.... but I would be surprised if he directed it.