• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009
    COCO BEFORE CHANEL
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Alexandre Desplat

Performed by The London Symphony Orchestra

Audrey Tautou (Amelie, The Da Vinci Code) stars as legendary fashion designer Coco Chanel in this biopic penned by director Anne Fontaine and screenwriter Camille Fontaine in collaboration with Christopher Hampton. Based on the Chanel biography L’Irreguliere (The Nonconformist) by author Edmonde Charles-Roux, Coco Before Chanel features dresses from the Chanel collection. House of Chanel art director Karl Lagerfeld supervised the creation of accessories and costumes.

The sumptuous and beautifully tailored score for the film was composed by Alexandre Desplat (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and performed by The London Symphony Orchestra.

Warner Bros. will begin an international rollout of Coco Before Chanel in France on April 22. Sony Classics will open the film in America on September 18.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 968 2
    Release Date: 9/15/09
    US iTunes release date: 4/21/09

Wait, so there's another one!? dizzy spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1035736/

Additional Details
    Also Known As:
    Coco Before Chanel (USA)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Like BECOMING JANE, this comes across as a bit of a female demographic answer to the success of BATMAN BEGINS and other origin tales!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Isn't it the same movie? It's an alternative title.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    They have different catalog numbers. A sequel or part 2 perhaps?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    They have different catalog numbers. A sequel or part 2 perhaps?

Like MORE MUSIC FROM?
  2. It is the same film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, it is the same film indeed, we've established that smile What the hell is this new release though?
  3. Well, the other release was a European-based release by Colosseum to reflect the fact that the film was released earlier in some European nations. There very often is this staggering of soundtrack releases by Varese to meet different markets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, so you're saying it's the same SCORE CD but now released in the US as well?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009 edited
    Buy why would Varese list the original version on their site if it was a Colosseum exclusive?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I like the fact that they translated "COCO AVANT CHANNEL" to "COCO BEFORE CHANNEL" for the Americans. biggrin
  4. Anthony wrote
    Buy why would Varese list the original version on their site if it was a Colosseum exclusive?

Because they get the money either way!
    It must make sense, because they've done this with European films before. (LARGO WINCH comes to mind.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009
    That didn't get a second listing on the website under a different name though. wink
  5. That's because it hasn't been released yet in the US. wink
  6. .
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009
    Desplat is doing The Fantastic Mr.Fox? What? Really? Mmmm interesting. Why not? We'll see! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009
    Excellent!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Looking forward to this!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Has anyone else seen the trailer? This could yield very interesting results.

Although I would certainly love for Desplat to work on more gigs like Largo Winch and Hostage. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The trailer looks very interesting indeed. He's also scoring the new Twilight movie coming out in November around the same time (not interested in the film, but the score could be very good!).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Really? Again, interesting!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Un Prophète de Jacques Audiard. Music by Alexandre Desplat. Available from Naïve Records.

http://www.naive.fr/#/work/un-prophete

The cue Le Respect and Gunfight are both excellent.

and more samples here:

http://www.amazon.fr/Un-Prophète/dp/B002L32UUM
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And there's also the Julie & Julia score out too.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does this guy sleep? I swear there's been at least two scores of his coming out every month this year. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsimplyjosh
    I have a couple questions, cuz I've never bought anything from a foreign-language site before: where do I have to click to download Un Prophète, and is it even possible for me to pay for it at a French site with American dollars?
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    It will probably be available on itunes very soon Josh, maybe next week.

Yes, that is 10 films in about a year.

Et Après (afterwards), Largo Winch, Benjamin Button, Chéri, Coco Avant Chanel, Julie/Julia, Un Prophète, Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Twilight Saga; New Moon and Terence Malick's The Tree of Life.
    He still does a lot of his orchestrations too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And does it all brilliantly; yet some say he's overrated......mmmmmmmkay.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't know a great deal of his music, and some of it puts me to sleep, but he's clearly got bucket loads of talent. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    simplyjosh wrote
    I have a couple questions, cuz I've never bought anything from a foreign-language site before: where do I have to click to download Un Prophète, and is it even possible for me to pay for it at a French site with American dollars?

I'm sure you can pay as long as you have a credit card, but I doubt you can download it. You'd be able to buy the physical CD, but most downloads are (insanely) territory-specific, which seems to negate one of their great potential advantages to me.