• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    CHERI

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … Ch-ri.html

CD COVER
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EuFQwtxwhtw/S … /cheri.gif

1. Cheri
    2. The rose acacia
    3. The wedding
    4. First kiss
    5. Flower tunnel
    6. To Biarritz
    7. 6 years later
    8. Return home
    9. Lea's solitude
    10. All goes well with the world
    11. Orphans
    12. Pleasure and happiness
    13. Les courtisanes
    14. Beautiful handles
    15. An old woman
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009
    Mikael just added The Twilight Saga: New Moon to Desplat's upcoming projects. I'm very intrigued with this assignment -- it HAS to be better than Burwell's... *cough*shit*cough* score for the first movie.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    he is a busy man
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Agree with Matt smile Although i wouldn't blame Burwell; shit movie = shit score in all fairness wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009 edited
    I actually liked Twilight quite a lot. It dealt with teenage relationships quite well, especially the relationship between the daughter and her father. The vampire aspect is just an added bonus for me.

Have you seen the film Demetris?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    I actually liked Twilight quite a lot. It dealt with teenage relationships quite well, especially the relationship between the daughter and her father. The vampire aspect is just an added bonus for me.

Are you serious Steven? shocked
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

Yes. Deadly serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No and i'd never sit down to watch this kind of stuff. Not my thing. As for teenagers and their relationships, i couldn't care less wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

Yes. Deadly serious.

If you haven´t still watched it, go watch "Let the Right One In". Then compare it. You may change your mind wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But it's not American! Nor British! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    But it's not American!

That´s the point actually!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

Yes. Deadly serious.

If you haven´t still watched it, go watch "Let the Right One In". Then compare it. You may change your mind wink

Why would it change my mind about a film I already like? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

Yes. Deadly serious.

Why would it change my mind about a film I already like? confused

Ok I haven´t expressed it very well. What I mean is that after watching "Let the Right One In" you are able to see the weaknesses and clichés of "Twilight" and the way it deals with the vampire issue and the relationships between the characters. Twilight is to vampire films what Beverly Hills 90210 was to real life.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Let the Right One In probably is a better film than Twilight, I'm planning to watch it soon due to all the reviews I've read (plus I'm a sucker for vampires... cause... you know.... vampires... suck blood.... never mind). But I doubt it will change my mind about Twilight since I found it very enjoyable from start to finish.

It's really aimed at the younger generation and in my opinion the film deals with teenage life and relationships quite well. Just because that may not 'be your type of thing' does not mean the film is a bad one. Luckily I'm still young enough to appreciate that (I especially liked the relationship between the main protagonist and her father, something I can relate with very well).

Look, it's no masterpiece. But it's not crap either.

Christodoulides wrote
    No and i'd never sit down to watch this kind of stuff. Not my thing. As for teenagers and their relationships, i couldn't care less wink

If you haven't seen it, how can you agree with people who say it's crap?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Let the Right One In I'm sure is a better film than Twilight, I'm planning to watch it soon due to all the reviews I've read (plus I'm a sucker for vampires... cause... you know.... vampires... suck blood.... never mind). But I doubt it will change my mind about Twilight since I found it very enjoyable from start to finish.

It's really aimed at the younger generation and in my opinion the film deals with teenage life and relationships quite well. Just because that may not 'be your type of thing' does not mean the film is a bad one. Luckily I'm still young enough to appreciate that (I especially liked the relationship between the main protagonist and her father, something I can relate with very well).

Look, it's no masterpiece. But it's not crap either.

Fair enough, it was not my point trying to change your mind; my bad if it sounded like that. If you liked Twilight, you liked it, no possible discussion here. Just that I can´t recommend enough Let the right One In.

And now that you mention it, and despite the fact that I didn´t like the film overall, the relationship between Bella and her father was the best of the movie, probably due to the actor´s performance.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    I personally thought Buffy did a much better job at creating and maintaining that human/vampire romantic relationship than Meyer did in her series (plus it didn't reduce the vampires to fang-less, sparkly cliches). Tried reading Twilight, and it was just terribly written and filled with lots of cliches. And the movies looked equally eye-rolling.

Buffy may be different in some aspects, but at least the title character was a strong, independent girl and Bella is... well, starry-eyed from what I can see.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  1. Steven wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

Yes. Deadly serious.

can't you see Steven's just wanking your chain? tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Matt C wrote
    I personally thought Buffy did a much better job at creating and maintaining that human/vampire romantic relationship than Meyer did in her series (plus it didn't reduce the vampires to fang-less, sparkly cliches). Tried reading Twilight, and it was just terribly written and filled with lots of cliches. And the movies looked equally eye-rolling.

Buffy may be different in some aspects, but at least the title character was a strong, independent girl and Bella is... well, starry-eyed from what I can see.

But you have to realize that Buffy had a long time to establish and develop such a relationship as well. Not defending Twilight, BTW, just pointing out the obvious.

I remember watching the original Buffy movie and was baffled the b-movie quality of the whole thing. The show had shown us that it was the best way to examine Whedon's ideas and characters. Though I don't think Twilight would fair equally as well in the TV format either. I'd have been sleeping through most of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

Yes. Deadly serious.

can't you see Steven's just wanking your chain? tongue

Ha! beer bhangra
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    Matt C wrote
    Mikael just added The Twilight Saga: New Moon to Desplat's upcoming projects. I'm very intrigued with this assignment -- it HAS to be better than Burwell's... *cough*shit*cough* score for the first movie.

I can assure you I'll never see the film
  2. CHERI and COCO in the mail from Colosseum today, and both are lovely scores. A bit of an overload getting both at once! The waltz from CHERI is perhaps Desplat's best to date.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009
    Am getting a copy of Cheri
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    Am getting a copy of Cheri

You'll love it; tender and deeply melodic, it's one very sensitive and heartwarming musical listening experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm interested in checking this out too. Desplat has certainly impressed me with his recent scores, and I'm eager to hear more of his music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You'll LOVE Cheri. It's also very interesting how he experiments with sounds in Coco.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Appetizer! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2009
    I don't have any of those 'waltzy' Desplat drama scores yet (I do have Birth though), like Lust, Caution, Chéri, or Coco. Which of his drama scores would you say is the best?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I can't really make a difference, so I kind of equally love The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Girl With a Pearl Earring and The Painted Veil. Lust, Caution is also great but I rank it a tiny bit below the aforementioned three.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I just got Cheri in the mail but haven't cracked it open yet.
    thomas