• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    Thor, people who actually read reviews, all all interested in the personal opinion of their selected reviewer and their personal stamp, i do too, out of the 1-2 review sites i read. If i wanted a simple description of the score, i'd go to amazon or the releasing label. To say that it has no value to the reader is absurd.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    It's becoming increasingly clear why you don't read reviews! How is one to assess the pros and cons of something without trying to answer the question (in one's mind, not necessarily in print) as to whether it is as good as it could have been? How can that possibly be a fruitless question to ask? You can't just pluck the opinion that something is bad out of a vacuum. There must be some frame of reference that has led you to that decision, and unless you share it with your readers then it's a waste of time saying it.

You don't understand what I'm saying. It is of ZERO interest to me if you said that this or that scene should have been scored with a large orchestra performing a nine-note them in major mode. What I'm interested in hearing is how you interpret/evaluate the jazz ensemble piece that actually exists.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote
    It's becoming increasingly clear why you don't read reviews! How is one to assess the pros and cons of something without trying to answer the question (in one's mind, not necessarily in print) as to whether it is as good as it could have been? How can that possibly be a fruitless question to ask? You can't just pluck the opinion that something is bad out of a vacuum. There must be some frame of reference that has led you to that decision, and unless you share it with your readers then it's a waste of time saying it.

You don't understand what I'm saying. It is of ZERO interest to me if you said that this or that scene should have been scored with a large orchestra performing a nine-note them in major mode. What I'm interested in hearing is how you interpret/evaluate the jazz ensemble piece that actually exists.

But what does that have to do with the point I originally made, to which you responded? Did you quote the wrong post or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    But what does that have to do with the point I originally made, to which you responded? Did you quote the wrong post or something?

No, it was a direct response to this statement:

The key question is - is this score the best one that this film could have received? Given that the style of the score is probably dictated by the filmmakers - could a different score, but done in a similar style, have worked better? I think that's the question to ask.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    Earlier this fall, composer Steve Jablonsky returned to the quirky world of The Sims when he recorded his score to the new expansion pack, The Sims 3 World Adventures. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers a look at the 35-piece ensemble which performed at the Eastwest Studios in Hollywood!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    Thanks for the piece Dan. The score is pretty much unlistenable btw wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    Jablonsky to score comedy ‘Your Highness’

Steve Jablonsky, the composer of the scores for the two Transformers movies, has been hired to score the upcoming fantasy comedy Your Highness, Universal Pictures confirmed to MovieScore Magazine today.

More at: http://moviescoremagazine.com/2010/01/j … -highness/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Oh, this can be interestzzZZZZzzzzzzing.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010 edited
    He really can't do comedy. If you listen to the score he produced for DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES (i know, my gf watches it and i hear it in the background, playing whilst i am at the pc although i do throw the occasional stare to catch Eva Longoria), it must the most annoying collection of constant mickey-mousing ever. Regardless of the type of scene that he scores in there, it all sounds like cheap ready-made mickey-mousing on auto pilot, cut and pasted from the library right onto the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    He really can't do comedy. If you listen to the score he produced for DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES (i know, my gf watches it and i hear it in the background

Yeah yeah, your girlfriend.... tongue

Christodoulides wrote
    it must the most annoying collection of constant mickey-mousing ever. Regardless of the type of scene that he scores in there, it all sounds like cheap ready-made mickey-mousing on auto pilot, cut and pasted from the library right onto the film.

I heard some tracks once and didn´t excite me.
  1. Well, he must channel Elfman on that one (the author of the theme), I tried one episode once.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Well, he must channel Elfman on that one (the author of the theme), I tried one episode once.

Key word being "tried" biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010
    Earlier this year, composer Steve Jablonsky was at the Sony Scoring Stage in Culver City to record his score for the new remake of the classic horror film, A Nightmare on Elm Street, directed by Samuel Bayer and produced by Michael Bay. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the scoring session, where a string orchestra - as well as children's choir - provided some very creepy music for the film.

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    soundclips from A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET.

http://nightmareonelmstreet.com/#/epk/soundtrack/

sounds good. i like this horror musicstyle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Good news, i like Jablonsky's style in general.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    It sounds really good indeed. Much more orchestral (fortunately) than I expected. The trailer looks good, also the score.....looking forward to this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is there a cd release? a link perhaps with info on the CD?
  2. Marselus wrote
    It sounds really good indeed. Much more orchestral (fortunately) than I expected. The trailer looks good, also the score.....looking forward to this one.

the trailer makes the movie look decent, but no way will it ever top the original. Nobody will ever replace Robert Englund as the one and only memorable Freddy, the first movie is great, the final one (New Nightmare) was a perfect fitting end to an eccletic series, and the 6th still holds the series most comical scene ever, check it from the 2nd minute lol
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Robert England

Freddy was a Brit? Now I understand his sense of humour.
  3. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Robert England

Freddy was a Brit? Now I understand his sense of humour.

f..k, typo shame
    Englund of course dizzy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote

At Amazon UK it says a CD will be released by Sony Music, but lists it as "currently unavailable".

I really liked those sound clips though, especially the strings! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DemonStar wrote

Indeed. And the main theme (well, at least the part of it we hear in the clips) sounds really good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

At Amazon UK it says a CD will be released by Sony Music, but lists it as "currently unavailable".

Thanks!

Oh and everybody likes strings.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Christodoulides wrote

Only a CDR.

http://www.watertower-music.com/?p=4324
  4. Tintin wrote
    Only a CDR.

And, I assume, download
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh and everybody likes strings.

I approve.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010
    Tintin wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Only a CDR.

http://www.watertower-music.com/?p=4324

Thank you Martin!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010 edited
    I couldn't care less for the thrillerworks of Jablonsky (and I'm not that thrilled about his Transformer-scores either). To me, he's in no way better than the other unremarkable MV-guys. The Chainsaw Massacre had its moments of mood creation, but the sequel and especially The Amytiville Horror are utterly generic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010
    He's unoriginal but i'd prefer him over any project a thousand times over the Djawadis and Zanellis of this world smile This Transformers scores are very enjoyable, 'old-school' RC fun done in the proper, non-vomit inducing way smile