• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009 edited
    Ah, that sounds "fresh", Timmer. A good ol' Club Sandwich!

I had dinner at my grandparents' place today, with my brother and sister. As it's Long Good Friday, we had lamb (steak?), potatoes, creamed sauerkraut, boiled vegetables and a great brown gravy. Sugarcoated rips (raspberries?!?) with homemade vanilla sauce for dessert. And coffee and cookies after my granddad had taken a nap. Cozy.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    Ah, that sounds "fresh", Timmer. A good ol' Club Sandwich!

I had dinner at my grandparents' place today, with my brother and sister. As it's Long Good Friday, we had lamb (steak?), potatoes, creamed sauerkraut, boiled vegetables and a great brown gravy. Sugarcoated rips (raspberries?!?) with homemade vanilla sauce for dessert. And coffee and cookies after my granddad had taken a nap. Cozy.

D's gonna explode
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Shut up! angry I've been out on video jobs since 6 o'clock this morning and i won't be home until around 12 tonight and i haven't eaten properly yet! You evil Tim-devil!

...and you reminded me ( just through the fact of you being Greek an all wink ) that it's been too damned long since I've done Kleftiko lick lick lick devil
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    A whatsiko?

Me, I made my favourite salad, with rocket leaf, anchovies, tomato, a ton of red and yellow paprika, hard boiled eggs, seasoned boiled chicken and tons of spices. Top it off with home-made dressing with olive oil, vinegar, onion and fresh rosemary (with a little bit of truffle oil mashed in)... fingerrrrrlicking!!!
    (And pretty darn healthy!)

I used to use bacon instead of anchovies to give it that salty bite, but I found that anchovies were way less fat, and way more tasty.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    A whatsiko?

Me, I made my favourite salad, with rocket leaf, anchovies, tomato, a ton of red and yellow paprika, hard boiled eggs, seasoned boiled chicken and tons of spices. Top it off with home-made dressing with olive oil, vinegar, onion and fresh rosemary (with a little bit of truffle oil mashed in)... fingerrrrrlicking!!!
    (And pretty darn healthy!)

I used to use bacon instead of anchovies to give it that salty bite, but I found that anchovies were way less fat, and way more tasty.

Too healthy...it would kill me wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You can always tell a man who knows how to properly enjoy good ol' food and his life in general, when he's into kleftiko!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Into kokodezil? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm entertaining visions now of a dish consisting of cleft crocodile. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    Today I COULD. NOT. STOP. EATING.

We all went round to my cousin's for an Easter BBQ and it was fooking delicious. Plenty of beer to wash it all down followed by a good serving (or three) of cheesecake. MMMmmmm.

lick dizzy

I'm sooo full. slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009 edited
    Easter BBQ?! shocked cool

I'm having a roast soon. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    LSH wrote
    Today I COULD. NOT. STOP. EATING.

We all went round to my cousin's for an Easter BBQ and it was fooking delicious. Plenty of beer to wash it all down followed by a good serving (or three) of cheesecake. MMMmmmm.

lick dizzy

I'm sooo full. slant

I presume the defibrillator was already charged?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BBQ's are the epitome of greatness when it comes to good ol' food! lick
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Anthony wrote

Why not? Got the weather for it.

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Anthony wrote

Why not? Got the weather for it.

cool

It started off being a fantastic day here but now it's suddenly getting dull and overcast slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2009
    Today: Chicken Korma with white rice, obviously with great raw materials (chopped chicken filets, "gourmet" Korma sauce). Mmmmmm.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009
    Thor wrote
    Today: Chicken Korma with white rice, obviously with great raw materials (chopped chicken filets, "gourmet" Korma sauce). Mmmmmm.

lick After my nasty little virus my hunger is returning wickedly. devil dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

You're gonna make yourself a socalled "recovery meal", then?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. today french fries with any kind of fried meat smile

no one, I mean no one makes better fries than us Belgians wink punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    today french fries with any kind of fried meat smile

Better than the ones we get here for sure but on the rare times I've made my own well, NOTHING beats that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and toast for me today lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Isn't that, like....an English breakfast?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Isn't that, like....an English breakfast?

Not a FULL English breakfast, no. wink Bacon & eggs is pretty common in many countries.
  3. What would make a FULL English breakfast?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Bacon, eggs, fried or grilled tomatoes, fried mushrooms, fried bread or toast, and sausages, usually served with a mug of tea. There can also be black pudding as well as fried leftover mashed potatoes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Bacon, eggs, fried or grilled tomatoes, fried mushrooms, fried bread or toast, and sausages, usually served with a mug of tea. There can also be black pudding as well as fried leftover mashed potatoes

Pretty much so, yeah. wink

If I have a full English at home I make it a "little" bit healthier by grilling the bacon and poaching the eggs, I'll also have baked beans and fry the mushrooms in olive oil.
  4. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Better than the ones we get here for sure but on the rare times I've made my own well, NOTHING beats that.

trust me my boy, we suck at a lot of things, but when it comes to food we are grandchefs beer
    We rule at making Belgian Fries, because that's basically it, not French but Belgian Fries
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

trust me my boy, we suck at a lot of things, but when it comes to food we are grandchefs beer
    We rule at making Belgian Fries, because that's basically it, not French but Belgian Fries

I've eaten Belgian fries in Belgium on a few occassions and indeed they are excellent but believe me they are not as good as those I can make myself. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tonight begins a wonderful weekend of eating.

Actually, last night I BBQ'd a wonderful bone-in, skin-on, Lemon-Pepper chicken breast with mash and grilled sweet peppers. I've always had issues with drying out chicken on the BBQ but last year I discovered Lilydale chicken and have prepare perfect, juicy, flavourful chicken ever since. lick

Tonight I will be grilling Baby Back Ribs with Cola BBQ sauce with Potato and Egg Salad. I love making ribs because of the slow cook time. It will take an hour to prep and then 2 to 2 1/2 hours to slowly grill. That means lots of beer for me while I wait. beer

Sunday I'm doing my famous Sleeman's Honey Brown marinated steaks, crab stuffed potatoes and my wife's brilliant caramelized pecan, cranberry and feta salad! Oooooh baby, I'm getting FATTER!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Tonight begins a wonderful weekend of eating.

Actually, last night I BBQ'd a wonderful bone-in, skin-on, Lemon-Pepper chicken breast with mash and grilled sweet peppers. I've always had issues with drying out chicken on the BBQ but last year I discovered Lilydale chicken and have prepare perfect, juicy, flavourful chicken ever since. lick

Tonight I will be grilling Baby Back Ribs with Cola BBQ sauce with Potato and Egg Salad. I love making ribs because of the slow cook time. It will take an hour to prep and then 2 to 2 1/2 hours to slowly grill. That means lots of beer for me while I wait. beer

Sunday I'm doing my famous Sleeman's Honey Brown marinated steaks, crab stuffed potatoes and my wife's brilliant caramelized pecan, cranberry and feta salad! Oooooh baby, I'm getting FATTER!!!

-Erik-

Thinks to himself!?.....if I get a plane to Canada right now could I make it for serving up time?? lick