• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008
    Steven wrote

They're pretty much the same, except the 'limited edition' has a Batbike instead of a Batman.

confused

(And they're both awesome if you ask me.)

Yeah... but the second one has more action and detail in it. Plus the colors are neat.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008
    I dig the regular cover. But, being the limited edition nut as I am, I'll be buying the most expensive one. If only that version had the Batman... sad
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Hmm... they're not really doing anything for me but then they are short clips, I'm still looking forward to the score. Well, JNH's contribution anyway.
  1. Wow, those clips will satisfy both, haters and lovers. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin

Sounds the same all over again. The patato bag bad guy motif is back too.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Told ya so.
  2. Well, only those who listen very carefully and know the first score inside out might notice one or two interesting developments in those clips. However, I guess even those who loved the first one will be surprised how similar they seem to be, judged by the clips...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    The patato bag bad guy

.... shocked biggrin biggrin

Well, so much for anticipation. slant Thank GOD for Giacchino.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, only those who listen very carefully and know the first score inside out might notice one or two interesting developments in those clips. However, I guess even those who loved the first one will be surprised how similar they seem to be, judged by the clips...

One or two interesting developments? I notice none and I liked the first score, and I know it very well. wink
    Kazoo
  3. Possible spoilers due to speculation

Try clip 6 again, for example. It could be a hint for a further development of that theme, to be heard executed later in full power. Honestly, regarding to those clips, I wouldn´t read too much into them. Especially the last track promises to finally give us what many missed - a fully developed Batman Theme. The trailer suggests an inner crisis for Bruce Wayne, whether he´s a hero or not. I expect him to find out what he is during the final moments of the movie, which might be the right point to introduce the full theme. but that would be nowhere near the beginning of that track, where the clips are chosen from most of the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJoris
    Batman Returns wasn't the burlesque orchestral score we were expecting. ( knowing what Elfman and Goldenthal did for this superhero ). But ( why is there always a but :p )... If you watch the movie I think the music suits the footage extremely well! It's forboding, sinister and it makes Batman far more realistic as a character. And that was exactly what Nolan wanted for this revisitation of Batman.

So, is this my Fav Batman score? Not by far!!! I'll stick with the original Batman by Elfman instead. ( it still is his best score period! ). But did it succeed to bring an new flavour to this less theatrical Batman franchise. You bet!!!

Jo-jo(ker)
    xxx
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Darn, the clips are not playing! tongue Will try again shortly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote

It's doing you a favour! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    It sounds like the first batman but....the orchestra shines a little bit more, the sound is more busy, it seems more coherent in thematic devolopment and more action! The themes from the first movie seems more integrated in the whole thing. Like in the Dark Knight using the 2 notes motif and then tourning into "journey to the ice"

It is not the batman we hoped in the first place, but it's batman begins a little bit better.

Is Joker Hannibal Lecter? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    It sounds like the first batman but....the orchestra shines a little bit more, the sound is more busy, it seems more coherent in thematic devolopment and more action! The themes from the first movie seems more integrated in the whole thing. Like in the Dark Knight using the 2 notes motif and then tourning into "journey to the ice"

It is not the batman we hoped in the first place, but it's batman begins a little bit better.

All that from the clips?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

All that from the clips?

This conversation happens every time I review the clips. biggrin

Yes, all that from Clips.And I use to know a lot from the clips.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

All that from the clips?

So not anymore then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

All that from the clips?

So not anymore then?

No, this is my last The Dark Knight Clips review. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Lack.of.communication
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Lack.of.communication

Oh I know exactly what Jordi is trying to say, I'm just taking the piss. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I know wink

Im lost i translation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Gonna listen nevertheless! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Gonna listen nevertheless! biggrin

Oh me too, I'll probably even buy the CD... I cannot resist that artwork. rolleyes

(Hi, I'm Steven. I'm a hypocrite.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    (Hi, I'm Steven. I'm a hypocrite.)

lol
  4. Nautilus wrote
    It sounds like the first batman but the orchestra shines a little bit more, the sound is more busy, it seems more coherent in thematic devolopment and more action! The themes from the first movie seems more integrated in the whole thing. (...) It is not the batman we hoped in the first place, but it's batman begins a little bit better.

Honestly, I understand exactly what you mean and think you´re right, for once. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I'm more intrigued by these clips. Given how the tracks are long yet we hard only 30 sec of each, I'm positive that this is gonna be a definite upgrade to the BB album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    Oh, we can bash the clips on the basis of 30 sec. each, but we can't give arguments, because they're too short for that. And they're disappointing because they sound like a new version of the first score (whoa, didn't see that coming!). And what other illogic reasons I can't comprehend slant

Now, my turn: I'm still excited about the score and I can't wait to hear the whole thing! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, so much for anticipation. slant Thank GOD for Giacchino.

Oh, yeah, Speed Racer was a brilliant masterpiece, unlike the borefests Da Vinci Code and At World's End. Why's that Zimmer guy still composing, actually?