• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. It's interesting to read what David Arnold said on Twitter about it. I think he said that he has known since about June that Newman would probably do it. He had a conversation with Sam Mendes back then and he told the director that it was important that a director use the composer he wants (and not have any composer forced on him would be the suggestion from that.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012 edited
    David seems such a cool and laid back man but I'm sure it must still sting that his gig has been taken away.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I am sure it does - but he is relishing going to see the next Bond film purely as a fan!

Maybe the Olympic gig may have put him out of the picture for Bond?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012
    It's a massive responsibility that's for sure.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    This was nothing to do with the Olympics. Mendes did not consider anyone other than Newman.
  3. Southall wrote
    This was nothing to do with the Olympics. Mendes did not consider anyone other than Newman.

Reading back my comment, I didn't really mean that the Olympics would have precluded doing Bond. Not sure what I meant now! shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

Reading back my comment, I didn't really mean that the Olympics would have precluded doing Bond. Not sure what I meant now! shame

Ah... I remember that when this was reported a few days ago, it was often stated that the reason Arnold wasn't doing it was because of his Olympic involvement. But in fact the reason he isn't doing it is the same as the reason I'm not doing it, and Henry Kissinger isn't doing it - we weren't asked.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2012 edited
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

Ah... I remember that when this was reported a few days ago, it was often stated that the reason Arnold wasn't doing it was because of his Olympic involvement. But in fact the reason he isn't doing it is the same as the reason I'm not doing it, and Henry Kissinger isn't doing it - we weren't asked.

Mr Southall is RIGHT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012
    From David Arnold's twitter feed:

I can say with some confidence that a bottle of Connemara Single Malt Irish Whiskey is the finest i have ever tasted .@CooleyWhiskey

Im not paid and i dont get anything for saying that...a good friend bought me a bottle for my birthday and now im a raging alcoholic

Im not actually a raging alcoholic and I dont treat the subject lightly (apart from then) but its REALLY good. ( i am working by the way)

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012
    CLASS!!! beer drink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2012
    Did anyone watch the Paralympics closing ceremony last night? ( I didn't ) I was just wondering what music was composed/used besides Coldplay.
  4. Timmer wrote
    Did anyone watch the Paralympics closing ceremony last night? ( I didn't ) I was just wondering what music was composed/used besides Coldplay.

No idea (not that useful). There have been digital releases of the music for opening/closing ceremony of the Olympics but only a release of the Paralympics opening ceremony music. Perhaps the closing ceremony music is imminent?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012 edited
    Rrrrrright, so someone decided to release David Arnold's GODZILLA score AGAIN, but now with a 3rd CD, calling it the ULTIMATE edition. As if someone said: "wait... weren't we supposed to include a 1-CD regular score version as well? Darn, now we have to release it again!".

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … PRE-ORDER/

BUYSOUNDTRAX Records presents GODZILLA: THE ULTIMATE EDITION, featuring music composed by David Arnold, conducted by Nicholas Dodd and mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland. The booklet contains new liner notes written by author David Hirsch. Previously released on compact disc in 2007 and difficult to find, GODZILLA returns to the market again, on 3 CDs, including the complete score to the film, along with a selection of bonus tracks on the first two discs and the original planned album presentation of David Arnold’s score on the third disc, previously only available as a rare promotional release.

GODZILLA: THE ULTIMATE EDITION is a limited edition release of 3000 units.

CD 1
    THE FILM SCORE
    1. The Beginning (3:31)
    2. Tanker Gets It (1:13)
    3. Chernobyl (3:15)
    4. Footprint (0:35)
    5. Footprints / New York / Audrey (0:56)
    6. Chewing Gum Nose (0:32)
    7. Ship Reveal / Nick Discovers Fish / Flesh (1:41)
    8. The Boat Gets It (2:11)
    9. Dawn Of The Species (1:51)
    10. Joe Gets A Bite / Godzilla Arrives (3:13)
    11. Mayor’s Speech (1:05)
    12. Caiman’s Office (0:47)
    13. Animal’s Camera (1:41)
    14. Military Command Center / New Jersey (1:57)
    15. Audrey’s Idea (0:24)
    16. Evacuation (2:43)
    17. French Coffee (0:58)
    18. Subway Damage / Command Enters City (2:52)
    19. Fish (1:50)
    20. Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner? (5:15)
    21. 1st Helicopter Chase / Godzilla Swats A Chopper (4:10)
    22. We Fed Him / Audrey Sees Nick (1:21)
    23. Nick And Audrey / He’s Pregnant / Audrey Takes The Tape / French Breakfast (4:48)
    24. He’s Preparing To Feed (0:36)
    25. Nick Gets Fired / Abducted / Frenchie’s Warehouse / Nick Joins the Foreign Legion (5:47)

DISC ONE Total Time - 56:14

CD 2
    1. Chewing Gum (1:53)
    2. Rumble In The Tunnel (1:37)
    3. Godzilla Park / Godzilla Takes A Dive / Godzilla Versus The Submarine / Egg Discovery (9:44)
    4. Baby ‘Zillas Hatch (3:53)
    5. Nick Phones For Help (1:30)
    6. Eat The French (2:16)
    7. Phillip Shoots The Lock (1:05)
    8. Nick’s Big Speech / The Garden Gets It (7:09)
    9. He’s Back! / Taxi Chase & Clue (7:08)
    10. Big G Goes To Monster Heaven (4:32)
    11. The End (4:09)

BONUS TRACKS:
    12. The Beginning (no choir) (3:35)
    13. The Boat Gets It (alt.) (1:11)
    14. Footprints / New York / Audrey (alt.) (0:50)
    15. Evacuation (alt.) (2:43)
    16. The Garden Gets It (alt.) (3:03)
    17. Big G Goes To Monster Heaven (alt.) (4:32)
    18. Gojira (Album Version) (2:46)

DISC TWO Total Time - 64:17

CD 3
    UNRELEASED SCORE ALBUM
    1. Gojira Opening Titles (2:47)
    2. Dawn Of The Species (1:49)
    3. Joe Arrives (2:10)
    4. Leaving Manhattan (2:41)
    5. Subterranea (2:50)
    6. Warnings / Fish Bait (5:13)
    7. It’s Alive!! (3:23)
    8. Audrey Steals The Tape (2:45)
    9. Nick Gets Fired (2:54)
    10. Foreign Help (1:47)
    11. The Babies (3:51)
    12. Final Encounter (4:08)
    13. Taxi Chase (3:41)
    14. Brooklyn Bridge (4:31)
    15. Finale (4:06)

DISC THREE Total Time - 49:10
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012
    BSX likes money.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012 edited
    You think? My guess is, everyone who likes Arnold's GODZILLA already got the 2 disc after that long wait, and will not double dip for a 3 discer already having the 2-disc version. This is only interesting to those who like their listening experience on a single disc yet don't want to arrange it themselves, but do want the complete version at hand and don't mind buying the 2 discs again. Also, with the promo having been available for many years in very good sound quality, it's not like this set contains anything new. They were better off simply releasing a 1-disc release as a companion piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012 edited
    It's craziness, for sure, but at this point I don't really care anymore. I had the original promo once, then replaced it with the 2CD (I liked the score so much I wanted to give it a C&C chance), then found out that the presentation in that set ruined the enjoyment of the score for me, then sold it, then re-acquired the ol' promo again, which I'm happy with.

I agree with you, the only way I would have double-dipped on this again is if the new release was the old promo program with superior packaging and liner notes.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012
    This release is for the people who missed it the first time and for any new soundtrack fan that might be interested in the score but only became a film music fan in the past couple of years. I'm glad it's in print again as no soundtrack album should ever go out of print!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012
    I don't need this, but it's not aimed at me. If they think there enough people out there who want Godzilla but missed out on the La-La release then I don't really see the problem. Nobody's being forced to buy it.

If someone released the original planned album as a single CD then I'd buy it without hesitation. I like the score but the LLL release is unlistenably long.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2013
    Sound of The Cinema, BBC Radio 6 tomorrow at mid day, David Arnold talks and chooses film music.

p.s. Hard to believe this thread has been dead since Oct 2012.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2013
    Not really, Arnold isn't exactly the most prolific composer working. Which is very annoying for an Arnold fan like myself.
  5. Lots of love for Jerry and Ennio on Arnold's show. If you can, check it out. You can catch-up on the BBC6 music website.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2013
    Yeah, it's not often you hear 'The Hunt' from JG's Planet of The Apes played on radio.

From his idol, Arnold chose Mary, Queen of Scots, much better than the usual Bond or Dances With Wolves etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Sound of The Cinema, BBC Radio 6 tomorrow at mid day, David Arnold talks and chooses film music.

p.s. Hard to believe this thread has been dead since Oct 2012.

Is there a way to listen to it in the US? I got a notice from Google+ about it, but I couldn't stream the BBC page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013
    Brian Tyler and David Arnold has kind of a fun discussion over at BT's Facebook page. Look in the comment section... smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014 edited
    Some new music by David Arnold and Paul Hart and well worth 1 minute and 5 seconds of your time.

http://vimeo.com/86325268

Excellent! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Some new music by David Arnold and Paul Hart and well worth 1 minute and 5 seconds of your time.

Excellent! cool

Actually I'm not so sure now that this is the same David Arnold that this thread belongs to??? confused

It sure sounds like him.

DAVID ARNOLD

This is the same David Arnold who caused a bit of confusion amongst us ( or was it at FSM? ) after some thought "our" David Arnold had composed the theme to children's TV show Live & Kicking.
  6. Timmer wrote

Excellent! cool

That's a different David Arnold. The credits below the video actually state "David Arnold Music"; and when you look for that you find this.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes. Do you think you could have referenced my 2nd post concerning this issue so as not to make me look stoopid tongue wink

Regardless. I think it's a bloody great little piece and it does sound like Arnold's Bond-like music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014
    So let me get this straight. There's a company called David Arnold Music that, apparently, writes music that sounds like David Arnold but isn't David Arnold?

uhm to the power of confused
  7. Or is there actually another composer of the same name?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.