• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010 edited
    BasilB wrote
    CinemaMusica Exclusive First Listen of David Arnold's "Voyage of the Dawn Treader":

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1562/wieder- … vid-arnold

Enjoy!

Nice. I believe this is the Arnold everybody was hoping for; fully orchestral, hints of choir, and enough thematic material it seems. Also good to hear he touches upon Gregson-Williams' themes for continuity!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Fixed your link. You don't need the [ url ] tags here.

Ou, sorry!!! Thank you very much! Hope, you also listened to the clips!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am on mobile phone now, but will listen tomorrow asap smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why is "Reepicheep" an EXACT copy of the theme from Godzilla? Seriously? rolleyes vomit
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Other than that it's pretty much what we hoped for! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Do i go to hell for having no particular expectations from this project? shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    OH. MY. GOODNESS!

punk

Props to Arnold for using Gregson-Williams' AWESOME theme! I cannot wait to hear the rest of this!

Anthony wrote
    Why is "Reepicheep" an EXACT copy of the theme from Godzilla? Seriously? rolleyes vomit

No kidding. slant

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010
    I really like what I hear! This is the Arnold I've been waiting for since a long time. cool
  1. everybody seems to like it, but I refuse to listen to the samples, want to hear it in full shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010
    The samples sound quite promising.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    This is the final album cover

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images … mp;s=music
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    Better.

Yes, much better, although a little "messy".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010 edited
    By the way, the sound clips are pretty good. It's very "Erik Woods", if you know my drift - big rambunctious symphonics in the classical tradition. There's going to be lots of talk about this in the film score fora.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Better.

Yes, much better, although a little "messy".

Yes, the cover is messy, a jarring colage.....film posters need the likes of Drew Sturzan more than ever these days, bring back REAL artwork.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Shit posters and CD covers like this is the reason Drew retired. Goddamn that's one ugly album cover.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    This is the final album cover

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images … mp;s=music

Egads, that's truly horrible. Maybe I'll put a nice picture on as my iTunes cover (eg one of myself) so I don't have to look at it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's friggin Narnia. What did you expect wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    *awaits Luis*
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who?
  2. LUIS M. ROJAS
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who?

Getting slow in your young age already?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    So, who else here is excited for Arnold's score for The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader? cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, I'm not exactly chomping at the bit but yeah, I am looking forward to hearing it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    William wrote
    So, who else here is excited for Arnold's score for The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader? cheesy

Starting read right around HERE and then come back and tell us what you think.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    William is back!? shocked
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's good! There's been times when I've needed to ask William something and he's not been here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Has anybody got Made in Dagenham yet? Last time I checked, it was only available in the UK for download. I wanna buy this, but I can't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    That's good! There's been times when I've needed to ask William something and he's not been here.

I wanted to ask William where William went but William wasn't here, so my brain exploded in a feedback loop and I listened to the score to Kick Ass instead.
    Enjoyed it, too.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn