• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2008
    hate to be doom and gloom... but I feel that Indiana Jones without Nazis is another piece to set
    this film apart from the previous three. After all, they were in all three... and now to cut them completely...
    seems alittle drastic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Makes perfect sense to me considering it's set in 1957. I'm not sure I even want to see another Indy movie with Nazis in it, I'm liking this Ruskies vibe. (Mostly because I'm hoping Williams will make some of his score sound Russian.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Makes perfect sense to me considering it's set in 1957. I'm not sure I even want to see another Indy movie with Nazis in it, I'm liking this Ruskies vibe. (Mostly because I'm hoping Williams will make some of his score sound Russian.)

I wonder if there'll be any "famous" jokey bit like when Indy got Adolf Hitler's autograph.

Who would it be in 1957? JFK?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    bartley wrote
    hate to be doom and gloom... but I feel that Indiana Jones without Nazis is another piece to set
    this film apart from the previous three. After all, they were in all three... and now to cut them completely...
    seems alittle drastic!

Sorry mate, but there wasn't a Nazi in sight in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2008 edited
    SPOILER

I like they are going to change the style to the 50's Sci-FIc Movies.

A fresh air, at least they are not trying to beat the first trilogy, they are going to make something diferent. It can't be a little bit dissapointment, but it's the only way to no dissapoint. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I -and I'm sure many of us- prefer NO SPOILERS, Jordi... smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    I -and I'm sure many of us- prefer NO SPOILERS, Jordi... smile

Sorry sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thanks for the edit. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, there are spoilers all over this thread... and I just added a SPOILERS WARNING to the title of this thread. So, if you don't want spoilers maybe someone should create a spoilers free thread.

And Jordi... funny you mention the 50's Sci-Fi aspect of the film. In 1997 I wrote a 120 page Indiana Jones screen play that included Indy's son, the return of Marion Ravenwood and an alien entity... however, my story took place in the Bermuda Triangle. But the MacGuffin was indeed a skull of alien origin that had control over the Bermuda Triangle and was the cause of all of the supernatural activity that took place within the triangle.

My opening sequence took place on a class field trip in 1946 (can't remember location.) Indy brings selected students for a year end trip to a dig site. Unfortunately, while on the trip Indy runs into an old enemy and a chase begins. At the end of a a high speed car chase one of Indy's students is killed. Indy and the rest of the students manage to escape but afterwards Indy retires as he can't get the death of the young student of off his mind. We then jump ahead ten years later with Indy being brought out of retirement for one last adventure when Russians capture his wife Marion and his son. In exchange for his son and wife Indy must find the Bermuda Skull. However, on their way to the Bermuda Triangle the plane crashes on an uncharted Island within the Bermuda Triangle. They all survive the crash and Indy along with Marion and son escape. But Indy, of course, is curious about this mysterious skull and goes after it along with his family in a race against the Russians.

My screenplay was called The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    For some reason, I always seem to forget Indiana Jones is about the supernatural? I always remember the Indiana Jones against the bad guy aspect of the movies before I remember the Ark or the Grail. Strange that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2008
    Martijn wrote
    bartley wrote
    seems alittle drastic!

Sorry mate, but there wasn't a Nazi in sight in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom.

Good call. You got me wink

No matter what happens.... we'll all know on May 22nd wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    UPDATE: New Pics

From Empire Mag's new issue
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21881

Higher res image
    http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9769/picture1za6.png

And the other image from the Empire Mag issue
    http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3397/indymv0.jpg

Wooooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

CAN'T WAIT!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Possible spoilers? wink

Do these lego sets give any clue what this new Indiana Jones movie's going to be about?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/12/28/ind … -spoilers/
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2008
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2008
    Aliens.. why did it have to be aliens...? wink
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008
    New Photo - http://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/ga … ij4_07.jpg

And the trailer will be attached to The Spiderwick Chronicles on Feb. 14, with the spot to hit the Web shortly thereafter.

Ooooooooooooooh Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can't WAIT for this movie! It's so great to have a film like this to look forward to, I've not had this feeling of anticipation since... well, since The Phantom Menace. (Let's just hope it doesn't disappoint on the same level!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mogens wrote

COOL! biggrin cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    Mogens wrote

COOL! biggrin cool

Aliens & Predator vs. Indy?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indy would still f*ck them up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2008
    Why couldn't they have called it Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a stupidly awkward title!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Why couldn't they have called it Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a stupidly awkward title!

I agree. That and the fact that Indy has grey hair is the only thing that's really bugging me about the new movie. I understand that Indy is 20 years older in this film but come on... a little "Just For Men" would help him not look like Grandpa Jones.

-Erik-
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    a little "Just For Men" would help him not look like Grandpa Jones.

Is this your preferred brand, Erik? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Never used it!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

'scuse my ignorance but is 'Just For Men' a real product?

....or am I missing it? dizzy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

'scuse my ignorance but is 'Just For Men' a real product?

....or am I missing it? dizzy wink

Ya... it's a real hair and beard colouring product with some of the worst commercials on TV.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    Boooo to hair colour product! No fixing on his look except basic film make-up, please!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Steven wrote
    I can't WAIT for this movie! It's so great to have a film like this to look forward to, I've not had this feeling of anticipation since... well, since The Phantom Menace. (Let's just hope it doesn't disappoint on the same level!)

Why did you have to bring up THE PHANTOM MENACE? The fear that dare not speak its name! (Will Shia LeBouf be this film's Jar-Jar?) shocked
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote

Why did you have to bring up THE PHANTOM MENACE? The fear that dare not speak its name! (Will Shia LeBouf be this film's Jar-Jar?) shocked

There's a BIG difference.

This film is DIRECTED by Steven Spielberg NOT that corny bum George Lucas. biggrin