• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote
    I can't WAIT for this movie! It's so great to have a film like this to look forward to, I've not had this feeling of anticipation since... well, since The Phantom Menace. (Let's just hope it doesn't disappoint on the same level!)

Why did you have to bring up THE PHANTOM MENACE? The fear that dare not speak its name! (Will Shia LeBouf be this film's Jar-Jar?) shocked

There's a BIG difference.

This film is DIRECTED by Steven Spielberg NOT that corny bum George Lucas. biggrin

Too bloody right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008 edited
    Bootleg trailer on line now if you can't wait!

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=co … ;Itemid=99

Hearing Brian Tyler Hans Zimmer inspired music in an Indy trailer is beyond wrong... but what a trailer! I literally have tears in my eyes! WOW!

The swing into the truck was HILARIOUS! This movie is going to rule!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    F*N EXCELLENT! I'm *SO* looking forward to seeing the trailer in a theater, not to mention the film itself!
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Official Version Now Available!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indiana … gtCY5fVXcA

THIS SO RULES!!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    OH.
    MY.
    GOD.

shocked cheesy shocked cheesy shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ok... so I've watched this about 500 hundred times already...

The Brian Tyler's music sucks large, the American flag shot is ridiculous... but the rest was absolutely wonderful except for the GCI car chase shots. I love the spiral staircase of doom. Indy swinging into action but only to fall short of his target... and the one liner is pure Indy. Mutt looking up at Indy with the thunder and lightning crashing around them. If Mutt is who we think he is then that is the ultimate shot!

Indy is back and I can't wait for May 22nd.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sweet. My Indy outfit has just arrived (apart from the trousers, still waiting on them).... it looks great!! (Well, the clothes themselves that is. wink)

Mmm, leather...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think the Brian Tyler music is a brilliant move! It sets up the belief that this is yet another run-of-the-mill adventure film, and then the famous Williams theme kicks in, reassuring us that nope, this is the same, good-old-fashioned Indy we love to much!

Very good trailer. Must see it again. Too bad it's buffring constantly.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I thought no CGI would be used?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    I think the Brian Tyler music is a brilliant move! It sets up the belief that this is yet another run-of-the-mill adventure film, and then the famous Williams theme kicks in, reassuring us that nope, this is the same, good-old-fashioned Indy we love to much!

Bah! You can tell it's not another run of the mill adventure film with all the INDIANA JONES footage from the previous three films. I mean, once you see the Lucasfilm logo and the Paramount logo fading to the mountain peak on the map you know this is an Indy film. There is no need for the generic bullshit music heard in the first part of the trailer. I would have rather heard the latter half of The Warehouse from Raiders which would have worked ten thousand times better... but then the seuqnce qould have to be re-edited. Or they could have used any of the other FAR SURPERIOR music written from any of the three classic scores. Brian Tyler's Zimmeresque music from Children of Dune stinks!

Bregt, they never said there would be no CGI. I think when they referring to CGI they were talking about the stunts. I think in this day and age CGI is inevitable. But if you see, A LOT of the interior sets are real and the warehouse looks AWESOME!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Of course you know it's an Indy film from the very beginning, but the music leads one to THINK they've made another Indy film in a rather generic mode (after all, there aren't that many clips from the new film with Tyler's music). It is with the Williams music that it really kicks into gear.

Incidentally, I also thought the Tyler music made it kinda cool. It was great to see old Indy material in a new musical setting. I'm not a purist and like experiments like these!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    Erik Woods wrote
    The Brian Tyler's music sucks large...

Agreed.

Erik Woods wrote
    the American flag shot is ridiculous...

And a shot of the American flag is ridiculous... why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    But there are also several awesome exterior shots and it gave me believe in this movie; it does have a certain oldfashioned feel, even though there is CGI (I hope it's not overdone, though... the "visual effects by ILM" credit gave me doubt slant ). Plus, I'm still doubting the old 'n not so improved Ford... It does look very Spielbergian in its setpieces though, with absolutely awesome shots, but the way the trailer is cut is just ridiculous... I mean, a 3D Indy logo to end?! Come on! Way too modern, but lets hope thats just a way to trick the youngsters in. This will be topnotch entertainment, no doubt, in a way only Spielberg can deliver lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    King Rao wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    The Brian Tyler's music sucks large...

Agreed.

Erik Woods wrote

And a shot of the American flag is ridiculous... why?

Because it's so over used. Save the American Flag waving bullshit shots to Michael Bay and his Pepsi commercial movies.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Save the American Flag waving bullshit shots to Michael Bay and his Pepsi commercial movies.
    -Erik-

Exactly, leave the shots of the american flag to Maestro Bay. The only one who can do it with style.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I agree with Eric about the flag thing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Of course you know it's an Indy film from the very beginning, but the music leads one to THINK they've made another Indy film in a rather generic mode (after all, there aren't that many clips from the new film with Tyler's music). It is with the Williams music that it really kicks into gear.

It's such an amateur, generic opening... so I guess the music fits. wink

Thor wrote
    Incidentally, I also thought the Tyler music made it kinda cool. It was great to see old Indy material in a new musical setting. I'm not a purist and like experiments like these!

Oooooooooooh God! You are probaby the only one in the world that would embrace a Zimmer Indy score.

rolleyes

What makes Indy "cool" is Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Harrison Ford and John Williams... not Zimmer inspired garbage!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Save the American Flag waving bullshit shots to Michael Bay and his Pepsi commercial movies.
    -Erik-

Exactly, leave the shots of the american flag to Maestro Bay. The only one who can do it with style.

But even those are rolleyes moments.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's such an amateur, generic opening... so I guess the music fits.

Seriously? I thought it was quite nice to see clips from all the previous Indy films to put everything in context. After all, it's been many years since the last film, and it's always great to get an "update" on what this character is about for those that aren't big fans like us. I thought it worked.

Oooooooooooh God! You are probaby the only one in the world that would embrace a Zimmer Indy score.

Sure, if Williams was unavailable somehow (God forbid!), then why not? But thankfully, that isn't a problem yet, nor am I sure it will ever be, so let's leave that to the "alternative history" freaks.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

rolleyes
    -Erik-

Someday my friend, someday.... biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's such an amateur, generic opening... so I guess the music fits.

Seriously? I thought it was quite nice to see clips from all the previous Indy films to put everything in context. After all, it's been many years since the last film, and it's always great to get an "update" on what this character is about for those that aren't big fans like us. I thought it worked.

Because hundreds of fan film trailers already did the same thing. It's such a waste. But then again, this is a teaser not the actual trailer so I can forgive it... but I can't forgive the music.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

rolleyes
    -Erik-

Someday my friend, someday.... biggrin

It will NEVER happen.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    Erik Woods wrote
    Save the American Flag waving bullshit...

*sigh*

I'm not even going to bother with a comment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    King Rao wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Save the American Flag waving bullshit...

*sigh*

I'm not even going to bother with a comment.

You're going to tell me that it's NOT overused, totally cliche and laughable.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I agree with EVERYTHING Erik has said. You guys are nuts!

Anyway, I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME wait for this film to come out!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I agree with EVERYTHING Erik has said. You guys are nuts!

Anyway, I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME wait for this film to come out!

Agree with Erik, Agree with You!......hell, I feel like a teenager again, bring on Indy, bring on John Williams, bring on May 22nd, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I want it nownownownownownownownow........ crazy crazy crazy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Trailer, trailer, trailer, trailer, trailer!!!!!

punk punk punk punk punk punk
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Erik Woods wrote
    Ok... so I've watched this about 500 hundred times already...

Goodness me, you ARE a die-hard fan.

Erik Woods wrote

The film takes place during the '50s, during the Red Scare, so they're going to be big on the patriotism. And besides, Spielberg can get away with cliches better than most other directors out there... moon

Erik Woods wrote
    but the rest was absolutely wonderful except for the GCI car chase shots. I love the spiral staircase of doom. Indy swinging into action but only to fall short of his target... and the one liner is pure Indy. Mutt looking up at Indy with the thunder and lightning crashing around them. If Mutt is who we think he is then that is the ultimate shot!

I found it funny to hear Zimmer-inspired music to open the trailer, then segue into Williams' Raiders march once Ford picks up the fedora to put it on. But I certainly didn't mind... it fit the theme of the trailer PERFECTLYwith the brief recaps of the previous films. I would've loved to hear a Williams-scored teaser, but maybe they'll score the theatrical trailer when they'll record the score in a few weeks' time.

And should this be the BIGGEST film of 2008, maybe the studios will go back to the big symphonic sound rather than the generic Zimmer sound that's been dominating for half a decade or so. But that isn't always the case.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    All I can say is bring on the nuts-style Star Wars action music, much better than the original Indy music in the action scenes imo.
  1. That trailer felt a bit... I don't know... tacky? small? It's hard to tell, as I've never seen an Indy film trailer. It reminded me a bit of that REVENGE OF THE SITH trailer whose best bits came from the original STAR WARS trilogy.

Anyway, music should be good. (As long as Tyler isn't in the temp track!)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am