• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    Well, it seems that it has a lot of possibilities, so let's hope Williams does something great with it we haven't heard yet. I'm pretty excited, even though this means that Indy will get an electronic instrument in the mix.

As long as it doesn't stand out as blatently being electronic I welcome it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    OMG! http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/htm … ex238.html

Someone needs to give Michael Giacchino one of these immediatly!

Just imagine what he could come up with if he put some of the Lost orchestra through this! shocked

rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw Thomas Newman has some VERY strikingly similar sounds in WHITE OLEANDER, track 14 for instance.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    OMG! http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/htm … ex238.html

Someone needs to give Michael Giacchino one of these immediatly!

Just imagine what he could come up with if he put some of the Lost orchestra through this! shocked

rolleyes

rolleyes

Oh I'm sorry you don't agree. wink
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2008
    *watches Erik foam at the mouth at the track listing for CS*

Easy does it, Erik, easy does it.

Nice to see the track listing for the Indy 4 CD, but some do seem spoilerific. For instance, the "Ants" track listing has me shaking my head. Snakes, bugs, rats... and ants?

Ants doesn't seem like much of a threat... unless they're poisonous fire ants or those leaping venomous tree ants.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    *watches Erik foam at the mouth at the track listing for CS*

Easy does it, Erik, easy does it.

Nice to see the track listing for the Indy 4 CD, but some do seem spoilerific. For instance, the "Ants" track listing has me shaking my head. Snakes, bugs, rats... and ants?

Ants doesn't seem like much of a threat... unless they're poisonous fire ants or those leaping venomous tree ants.

Big ass fire ants! That's what they are! Ooooooooooooh baby!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I'm more concerned about the scorpions. The bugs were by far the most disgusting though. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I'm more concerned about the scorpions. The bugs were by far the most disgusting though. dizzy

Scorpions should be sweet as well!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I still find it weird when people think the rats in The Last Crusade are horrible. They're just like mice, but dirtier and full of disease... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    I still find it weird when people think the rats in The Last Crusade are horrible. They're just like mice, but dirtier and full of disease... dizzy

Some people are just deathly afraid of them just like some people are deathly afraid of snakes. wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    When is the new trailer due?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    omaha wrote
    When is the new trailer due?

Sometime between now and May 22nd. tongue

Honestly, I have no idea but I'm sure it will be near the end of this month.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Some people are just deathly afraid of them just like some people are deathly afraid of snakes. wink

-Erik-

Rats and Snakes are cool cool Never found em scary in the least!

well, not counting thousands of rats rushing all over you or big snakes that crush or snakes that are deadly poisonous wink

Millions of soldier ants on the other hand shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Matt C wrote

I say that this man has never seen THE NAKED JUNGLE, which proved that NOTHING can stand in the way of a 20 mile column of coordinated ants.

Nothing that is, until Charles Leinegen (Charlton Heston).

"Leiningen, you're up against a monster twenty miles long and two miles wide... forty square miles of agonizing death! You can't stop it!"
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Matt C wrote

I say that this man has never seen THE NAKED JUNGLE, which proved that NOTHING can stand in the way of a 20 mile column of coordinated ants.

Nothing that is, until Charles Leinegen (Charlton Heston).

"Leiningen, you're up against a monster twenty miles long and two miles wide... forty square miles of agonizing death! You can't stop it!"

Exactly! When sodier ants are on the march nothing but NOTHING stands in they're way!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ...apart from Indiana Jones. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    ...apart from Indiana Jones. wink

We'll have to wait and see? cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Rats and Snakes are cool cool Never found em scary in the least!

I don't think so either. SPIDERS, on the other hand....(and yes, I've seen your picture with your "flatmate" on your palm, so I know what YOU feel about them!)
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    Oh God, I hate spiders! Thank God they only used them briefly in Raiders. Even that I hate though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Oh God, I hate spiders! Thank God they only used them briefly in Raiders. Even that I hate though!

And there is a deleted scene in Last Crusade where Indy has a tarantula crawling up his chest during "The Name of God" sequence.

http://www.theraider.net/films/crusade/ … ted_23.jpg

http://www.theraider.net/films/crusade/ … ted_24.jpg

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    The new FSM Podcast discusses John Williams' Indiana Jones scores... and sorry folks, NO KOTCS preview.

http://cdn2.libsyn.com/fsmpodcast/FSM_Podcast_031.mp3

Again, here is another example as to why the FSM Podcast is the BEST film music radio show out there. Absolutely superb.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008
    Cheese Sandwich

Get it while you can

wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Erik Woods wrote
    Cheese Sandwich

Get it while you can

wink

-Erik-

So was that a spoiler scene from the next Indy film Erik? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008 edited
    Atham wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Cheese Sandwich

Get it while you can

wink

-Erik-

So was that a spoiler scene from the next Indy film Erik? wink

It's the leak of the BRAND new theatrical trailer and it has been taken down. sad

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Cheese Sandwich

Get it while you can

wink

-Erik-

Not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The video has been taken down Timmer. It was the theatrical trailer for Indy. Damn Paramount! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm sure the trailer will be on-line at the end of the week or the beginning of next. I heard it's being attached to Iron Man this weekend.

BTW, the film looks AWESOME. I mix bag of everything from the previous three films.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ''The Jungle Chase'' sounds very promising (scene and score). Let's hope it's as good, or even a homage to ''Desert Chase''. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    The video has been taken down Timmer. It was the theatrical trailer for Indy. Damn Paramount! sad

slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    ''The Jungle Chase'' sounds very promising (scene and score). Let's hope it's as good, or even a homage to ''Desert Chase''. smile

Hummm... I'm sure the Jungle Chase is going to be just as exciting as the Desert Chase from Raiders but I don't want Williams to reference any of that material in this new action cue.

-Erik-