• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007 edited
    This is the most anticipated movie of 2008... and theraider.et is making me drool with 3 NEW INDY 4 PICS.

OH... MY... GOD!!!

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory … php?id=372

1) http://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/ga … ij4_02.jpg
    2) http://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/ga … ij4_01.jpg
    3) http://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/ga … /mo_04.jpg

I see a new desktop in the near, NEAR future.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!

crazy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Is that Shia LeBeouf? I'm scared...not that he's in the film, b/c I knew that, but b/c he looks so...80s....
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Already shivering with the thought of the score......!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    Is that Shia LeBeouf? I'm scared...not that he's in the film, b/c I knew that, but b/c he looks so...80s....

Interesting... because he looks so 50's to me.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Scribe wrote

Interesting... because he looks so 50's to me.

-Erik-

So much Retro stuff these days I'm not surprised Matt thinks he's 80's rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I've been an Indy fan ever since Raiders came out on my Birthday back in 1981.
    I saw it 16 times at the cinema!
    I thrashed the score LP (my poor parents!) daily.
    The upcoming film will be brilliant fun I'm sure.
    And I'm sure I'll thrash the new score (my poor wife!) daily.
    Talk about the circle of life!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That first pic scared me. Ford looked REALLY old in it.
  1. Yeah, I thought the very same thing... and I like it. He´s a grumpy old bear now, and we´ll certainly see that fact toyed with constantly. Ford is able to handle this, I´m sure.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Anthony wrote
    That first pic scared me. Ford looked REALLY old in it.

You think? I think he looks very confident in the role. Sure, he's gotten older, but I think that's going to be good fun, although hopefully in a toned-down kinda way. I read on some upcoming film website recently that we won't be getting any "I'm too old for this shit"-type comments. Which greatly alleviated a big fear I had.

I have my hopes very high up for this film (and its score, of course!). I think I'm one of the three people in the known universe who doesn't actually prefer The Last Crusade to Temple of Doom, and I'm actually happy that Connery turned down the offer to co-star. Hopefully we won't be seing quite as much comedy in the new one as we did in The Last Crusade which went just a bit too far, IMO.

Mind you, I still think The Last Cruade was some of the best to come out in its genre in 1989 (if not the best), but I just don't like it quite as much as most people seem to do.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm, I had the same initial reaction as Matt had on Shia: there's indeed an eighties' thing going on, or at least an eighties' idea of how the fifties looked. But that said, Timmer's got a point: a lot of the late seventies/early eighties I remember was spent on fifties' retro, so I'm not at all surprised some retro looks are getting mixed up. smile

I do like the look of Ol' Indy (well, it's sure better than George Hall!). Doesn't he look like Gary Cooper on that "Temple Of Doom" stance photo? shocked

Looking much forward to this flick!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I just keep saying my old mantra on everything that comes out on Indy IV: In Spielberg we trust cool

I'm not sure yet about the old Indy... I do like Shia, since I thought he was the only rocking thing in Disturbia and Transformers (he's a natural comedian!), so... we'll see! I don't really consider it as a part of the old trilogy, though, since that one was closed so nicely with the horses riding into the sunset... It's a whole new chapter.

Very much looking forward to it, Stevie doing adventure-popcorn-films have always been a helluva lot of fun! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007
    Here is the first teaser poster by the legendary Drew Struzan.

http://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/ga … poster.jpg

CAN'T WAIT! This one is going on my wall ASAP!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    LOOKS GREAT !! Cant wait!!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Here is the first teaser poster by the legendary Drew Struzan.

http://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/ga … poster.jpg

CAN'T WAIT! This one is going on my wall ASAP!!!

-Erik-

I need to change my pants. WOW!

Drew Struzan is the KING of movie posters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007 edited
    It's all very Temple of Doomey... Not that it's a bad thing, I'm one of the very few who thought that one quite enjoyable, if not the best of the trilogy. I do hope there'll be a more Last Crusade kinda one to follow, one which has a bit more action. But I sure wouldn't mind having this one on my wall lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007 edited
    BobdH wrote
    It's all very Temple of Doomey... Not that it's a bad thing, I'm one of the very few who thought that one quite enjoyable, if not the best of the trilogy. I do hope there'll be a more Last Crusade kinda one to follow, one which has a bit more action. But I sure wouldn't mind having this one on my wall lick

I'd have this poster on my wall if the goddamn international shipping from the Star Wars shop wasn't $15.95. $16 to ship a poster.

As for the films. Temple of Doom is a wild ride. I wouldn't say it's better than Raiders... no film is... but it's a lot better than Last Crusade. I still enjoy Last Crusade but the lighter tone of the film turned me off. However, the father and son story was a stroke of genius!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Man, the Star Wars shop canceled my subscription to The Star Wars Insider back in the day, as they thought it was too expensive to keep serving overseas customers.

I swear it's the most jingoistic club I've come across in the States! slant

Anyway, back on topic: that poster looks like it SHOULD! Best damn movie poster out there for decades! Like Steven said: Drew Struzan DEFINITELY knows where it's at.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. true, the poster feels like it would have come out in the '80, and that's how Indiana Jones at all should feel like

Really looking forward to this, alongside Avatar. My 2 most favorite directors Spielberg and Cameron back at the top of their game smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The poster does look Temple Of Doom like...I hope the film doesn't turn out to be like that though. The Last Crusade for the win!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    The poster does look Temple Of Doom like...I hope the film doesn't turn out to be like that though. The Last Crusade for the win!

I'll take a huge 30 minute non-stop action sequence a la Temple over anything in Last Crusade.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007
    Indy is the greatest hero of all time.

This is one of the few undisputable FACTS that exist in our society today.
    Notice I didn't use 'truths' instead of 'facts'. This would lead me to the philosophy class down the hall.
    Haha... horrible joke, I know.

I can't wait for an addition to some of the greatest films ever made.
    I can't wait for the score by the master John Williams.

Great looking cast. Marion is back!
    Even though they could just have Ford running around in some temple during the entire film.
    Why couldn't Sir Connery unretire, do this film, then retire again? Why? Come on?

I loved all of the Indy scores.
    Pure genius.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007 edited
    Why couldn't Sir Connery unretire, do this film, then retire again? Why? Come on?

Probably because he wouldn't have gotten the clout he would have wanted.
    Ever since First Knight, connery has pretty much dictated his terms up to and including severe script changes (allegedly he wanted to get off with Uma, so he got some serious script changes in in The Avengers. Of course it's up for the dispute if this actually damaged or helped the already hapless film. wink ).

I liked Connery's appearance in Last Crusade, but I feel once was enough.

I'd be much more interested in whatever happened to Short Round, actually. A cameo or reference would be nice. Though I won't mind this remaining shrouded in mystery. Hey, Marion 's back! I'm happy!
  3. I think Connery was the only good thing about The Avengers, man the bears scene still cracks me up!!

Pity Sallah won't be back for this new episode. That was a great character. But I'm confident Spielberg & Ford will deliver another box office success, I'm sure they both are putting their heart & soul in this...

And for Williams, that is about the only score right now begging to land in my CD player!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007
    The first pic of Ford back as Indy had my hopes up (he actually looked younger), but the other pics just makes me think Ford is getting too long in the tooth to be playing Indy. But Karen Allen looks amazing for her age. The poster looks awesome, but it seemed to take a decade off Ford's face. But (SPOILER ALERT) Shia LaBoeuf just seems to be a bad choice to play Indy's son -- very flavor-of-the-month type casting.

I'm intrigued by the film, but I'll hold judgment till I see a trailer and the finished product. I'm more excited about The Dark Knight, film-wise.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  4. No way. Though I think The Dark Knight will be great, I expect IJ to blow my mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    No way. Though I think The Dark Knight will be great, I expect IJ to blow my mind.

Which is kinda the problem. Expectations are way too high, both for Williams and Spielberg. (And I'm not counting myself out here, I too am expecting great things.)
  5. Spielberg never failed to blow my mind. I love his movies dearly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Me too, I'm a sucker for a Spielberg movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Spielberg never failed to blow my mind. I love his movies dearly.

Even the crap ones? biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    I'm rather mixed on Spielberg's films. The majority of his films are definitely enjoyable and/or well-made (the first two IJ films, E.T. , Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Munich, WOTW) but most suffer from Spielberg's melodramatic family relationships, but the minority suffer either from material he doesn't do well or too much sentimentality (IJ 3, Lost World, 1941). WOTW came close to Jurassic Park in terms of entertainment value, but the end was a definite cop-out.

I'm not sure if Spielberg's still got it. I'm sure IJ 4 will be enjoyable, but I'm still iffy about it.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog