• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2015
    What's up with the crazy weather in India right now? Heat wave of almost 50 degrees C?

The hottest I've ever experienced is about 40 degrees, in Egypt in 2005. And that was gruelling. Can't even imagine what 50 feels like. Vice versa, the coldest I've experienced is about -25 C.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've experienced 50 degrees in Death Valley, California was having a heat wave at the time. As a 'dry' heat it didn't feel that bad, far worse was 35-40 degrees in Agra, India where the high humidity made it unbearable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I can imagine. I've experienced something similar in Thailand.

With crappy electric wiring, the situation is hopeless for many Indians, as the air conditioners don't work. I wonder how our own Demonstar and Bhelpuri are coping with the heat wave.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. 29 C by 10 o'clock in the morning and by now well over 30. Not a cloud to be seen. Rather unusual for Westphalia, western Germany. I stay indoors because I can't stomach temperatures over 25 C so well. Even the slight wind is like a hair drier.

Luckily it's the summer break, I've tidied my study, liquidating the leftovers of the bygone term, the garden has been brought into shape and even the tax deceleration is on its way. So I can afford to do nothing. smile

Searching for Bobby Fischer (LLL) and
    Judge Dredd (Intrada)

arrived today. Will listen to them later.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2015 edited
    Same here. Seems like a 'heat wave' is flooding across Europe. Gotta hold on to it while we can; it's been some lousy summer months up untill now, and no way of knowing how long this will last. (...he said, typing away at the computer inside his apartment).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. It's raining cats and dogs here. I have just returned from the ballot as we elect a new mayor today. The polling station is just near enough to make taking the car embarrassing and far enough to get soaked. The things you do for democracy.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2015
    Ha! That's funny. There's a national election in Norway too today (for local government), and the weather is also grey-ish. Already been out to do my citizen duty earlier.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2015
    So....arrived from a comfy 25-30 C in Morocco on Saturday, to a gruelling -5 C in Oslo which is now down to -10. That's an almost 40 degree difference, and the cold I was already nurturing down there suddenly rose to another level when I got back home.

Bollocks!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    So....arrived from a comfy 25-30 C in Morocco on Saturday, to a gruelling -5 C in Oslo which is now down to -10. That's an almost 40 degree difference, and the cold I was already nurturing down there suddenly rose to another level when I got back home.

Bollocks!

there's no place like home smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    See, that's where you're wrong!
    There's no place like, say, Hawaii!
    Everywhere else is just places you happen to pass through on your way there.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not true if your name is Thomas Magnum
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2016 edited
    Oslo and other parts of Norway are preparing for a record cold this upcoming weekend, with temperatures down to -20 C, maybe lower. Oslo's current record is -26 C from 1941.

It's been heavy snowfall in the last few days, but tolerable temperatures between -5 and -7. Now it seems the weather is turning into Siberian/Alaska-like temperatures.

freezing
    I am extremely serious.
  4. 30 cm of snow in two days and to end in sight in southern Westphalia. The kids in the neighbourhood are building snowmen. About -3 C now, about -10 are expected tomorrow.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2016 edited
    Sounds summery! wink

We didn't quite set a new record in Oslo this weekend, but the temp still reached -20 at its coldest. Foldal, however (a township in our neighbouring county), experienced almost -33 on Saturday. Yikes. Right now, there's a tolerable -13 outside.

Apparently, we've been getting leftovers from Russian cold fronts.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2016
    Cloudy with light snow and a temperature of 11 degrees. In January this isn't too bad
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016
    we got 10-12 inches of snow and more is expected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016 edited
    Spring has made its first appearance of the year in Oslo. OK, so it's only 8 C, but it's the warmest in months. Sun shining, birds chirping, and on a slightly less positive note -- dog droppings from before the snowfall is re-appearing everywhere.

But March is a trixter up here. Gives us a taste of spring, then plummets right back into winter and heavy snowfall towards the end of the month, when 99% of Norwegians are migrating up in the mountains for their Easter holidays. I'm considering staying by myself in Oslo in that period. It will be like 28 DAYS LATER or I AM LEGEND or something.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016
    My hometown in the South has been drenched in heavy snowfall over the last 24 hours. And just as the new episode of GAME OF THRONES premiered....

"Winter is coming", alright. slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016
    We've been blessed without snow this month in Minneapolis, a bit unusual. Rain and temperatures in the 50-60 range.
  5. We are approaching May and it just started to snow like it was Christmas. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2016
    Oh, here we are at 20-30oC all day, and with shorts already.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fuck you. In snowed here today. I had a tan last week! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Fuck you. In snowed here today. I had a tan last week! slant

This kind of tan?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2016
    Captain Future wrote
    We are approaching May and it just started to snow like it was Christmas. slant

We could still get snow but I hope we're finished with it.
  6. same here in Belgium, snow, wind, lots of rain and dark moody clouds. Ah a late winter offensive I guess.

Hopefully from May it's all towards summer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016
    lots of rain but no snow
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016
    Meanwhile, in Norway, it's time for the annual spring ritual "Where the hell is the road?":

https://www.facebook.com/svvmoreogromsd … 605806536/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016
    We're going to get sun and a temp around 60 degrees not too bad at all for Minnesota in April
  7. spring / summer will finally arrive late this week(end). Hope it stays and goes to London as well punk
  8. Today in Southern Nevada we'll be having a lot of sunshine with an expected high temperature of 91F/33C.