• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2012
    Well hey! We found 1 Ottman fan beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I think The Usual Suspects, Apt Pupil, Cable Guy, Halloween H2O, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Valkyrie, X2: X-Men United, Snow White: A Tale of Terror are all excellent. And Incognito is, IMO, his greatest score to date.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not familiar with incognito...how is it? From what you've mentioned, only Valkyrie is good imo. Usual Suspects fits the cult movie perfectly and made it a cult status as well but doesn't say much on CD, to me. Ottman never does anyone, with some very few exceptions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Apt Pupil is excellent!
    Not too keen on any of his other scores (except the lovely hommage that was Superman Returns)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    I think The Usual Suspects, Apt Pupil, Cable Guy, Halloween H2O, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Valkyrie, X2: X-Men United, Snow White: A Tale of Terror are all excellent. And Incognito is, IMO, his greatest score to date.

-Erik-

Incognito must be one of those scores that just "clicks" with certain people. I am not so keen on it. For, me I am finding it difficult to find an Ottman score that beats the first one of his I heard, The Usual Suspects. Now that one is a very, very good score indeed.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    I am not familiar with incognito...how is it?

"The Creation" from Incognito!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I like John Ottman too. I thought X2 was better than Michael Kamen's X-Men. And it was my favorite of the films too, so maybe that helped.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2012 edited
    Www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmLg_4Tf-1Q
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2012
    Tyler isn't exactly the best conductor I've seen, but he gets what he wants and I guess that's the most important thing.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Incognito must be one of those scores that just "clicks" with certain people. I am not so keen on it. For, me I am finding it difficult to find an Ottman score that beats the first one of his I heard, The Usual Suspects. Now that one is a very, very good score indeed.

I agree!

I've liked some bits of other scores, X-2, Fantastic Four etc but on the whole he doesn't do much for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2012
    http://world.idolweb.fr/ubisoft-music/b … 42813.html Preview the new Far Cry 3 score composed by Brian Tyler online.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thanks, been looking forward to this one.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh.

vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That good eh Ant? dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Haven't listened to this 'cause i was at work all day. How does it compare to Gregg Edmonson's?
  3. Could somebody tell me the best tracks from Terra Nova? I am eager to listen to some of it, but 2 CDs is a bit scary.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012
    Demetris wrote
    Haven't listened to this 'cause i was at work all day. How does it compare to Gregg Edmonson's?

Are you sure you're not getting confused with Uncharted?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh...indeed ! Who did far cry 1 and 2 then ?
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    Could somebody tell me the best tracks from Terra Nova? I am eager to listen to some of it, but 2 CDs is a bit scary.

Most of it blends together without much memorability but "The Portal" is a nice cue.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Demetris wrote
    Oh...indeed ! Who did far cry 1 and 2 then ?

Not a clue. Can't remember the music at all.
  4. New review of Dragonball: Evolution
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2013 edited
    I'd like to hear if there are any good Brian Tyler cues that I'm missing. I'm not really into his action music, but I do think that he has a gift for excellent themes. He has a certain sweeping style, for instance in a couple of themes to Partition, some in Battle of LA, also a little in Children of Dune and my favourite is his theme heard in Aftermath/Battle adagio from Rambo. He also does some great guitar based themes. I'm rather fond of cues like Bubba Ho-tep's The king's highway and the end title from Eagle eye. But beyond this I don't really know much.

imdb lists 89 titles, so there must be some other goodies out there I'm missing. Any ideas on what cues I might like?

Peter wave
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2013
    plindboe wrote
    I'd like to hear if there are any good Brian Tyler cues that I'm missing. I'm not really into his action music, but I do think that he has a gift for excellent themes. He has a certain sweeping style, for instance in a couple of themes to Partition, some in Battle of LA, also a little in Children of Dune and my favourite is his theme heard in Aftermath/Battle adagio from Rambo. He also does some great guitar based themes. I'm rather fond of cues like Bubba Ho-tep's The king's highway and the end title from Eagle eye. But beyond this I don't really know much.

imdb lists 89 titles, so there must be some other goodies out there I'm missing. Any ideas on what cues I might like?

Peter wave

i also like brians guitar themes. one of my favourites are Jaybird from THE LAZARUS PROJECT, Fon's Theme and Prague from BANGKOK DANGEROUS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2013
    plindboe wrote
    I'm not really into his action music, but I do think that he has a gift for excellent themes.

I would have said the exact opposite! And I can think of at least one Polish person who would agree. wink (Though perhaps 'gift' is a bit of a stretch.)
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2013
    Steven wrote
    plindboe wrote
    I'm not really into his action music, but I do think that he has a gift for excellent themes.

I would have said the exact opposite! And I can think of at least one Polish person who would agree. wink (Though perhaps 'gift' is a bit of a stretch.)

I'd reverse it too. I can't think of a single memorable Tyler theme but every so often, when I'm in the mood for mindless bombast, I'll put on one of his action cues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    One man's goose is another man's gander.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Also, James Horner.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Lars wrote
    i also like brians guitar themes. one of my favourites are Jaybird from THE LAZARUS PROJECT, Fon's Theme and Prague from BANGKOK DANGEROUS.

Great thanks! I've listened to them all now. The Jaybird one is rather nice. It doesn't floor me as much as my fave Tyler tracks, but it's a very nice listen. I haven't really fallen for the other two tracks yet, but perhaps with more listens...

Anyway, if anyone has other recommendations I'm very keen to hear about 'em.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote

Josh B wrote
    I'd reverse it too. I can't think of a single memorable Tyler theme but every so often, when I'm in the mood for mindless bombast, I'll put on one of his action cues.

Ah, well, I guess I've always been more of a theme-man than into mindless bombast. I don't get why people wouldn't like the catchy guitar tune from Bubba Ho-tep or the Battle adagio from Rambo, which just gets to me every time. Sure, the Rambo theme and orchestration is not very original, but that doesn't concern me. If it has a nice tune, with the right orchestration and emotion, I get all gooey.

Peter love
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    I have a recommendation for you: Discovery from The Lazarus Project. Probably my favorite Brian Tyler's cue. Pure enjoyment!