• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    BEER! beer

Deja-vu or what? wink

I'd say déja-BU! biggrin

(No non-Francophone is gonna get this... sad )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011
    But today's... Friday? shocked

Future Timmer is here to save us! Tell me, do we still have religion in the future?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011
    Steven wrote
    But today's... Friday? shocked

Future Timmer is here to save us! Tell me, do we still have religion in the future?

YES! The altar of alcoholic innebriation. biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2011
    It's NEW YEARS EVE.

What plans, if any, do you have for tonight?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    drink

Beyond that, I'm not sure. I'm off to a house party, so who knows where I'll be in the morning!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I had expected to celebrate it home alone, but in the nick of time, I got an invitation to a dinner/party downtown with 13 other people. I don't know any of them, except my best friend (the one who recently was operated for a brain tumor) and his girlfriend. But it should be nice.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm forced into taking it a bit easy tonight ( still with heavy cold and sinuses ), we'll go to the pub, one where you don't have to pay a fee on the door ( slant crazy ) and then we're heading to a friends who've bought a new house so it's doubling as New Years Eve/House warming party, there'll only be between 10-20 people, all of whom I know so it should be a great gathering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    I had expected to celebrate it home alone, but in the nick of time, I got an invitation to a dinner/party downtown with 13 other people. I don't know any of them, except my best friend (the one who recently was operated for a brain tumor) and his girlfriend. But it should be nice.

You never know, it could your best friend, his girlfriend plus 11 lovely single womenfolk. cheesy

...can.. can I come?
  1. Timmer wrote
    It's NEW YEARS EVE.

What plans, if any, do you have for tonight?

Not much. Celebrate the New Year at home with Anne.

I had realised that I have never been out with people to celebrate the coming of a New Year! It has always been at home with immediate family!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2012
    I never did that either Alan.
    Was joking about that after midnight too, when we were about to go to bed. 'OK, let's go out to party now!' But we just went to bed haha.

For two years in a row we just celebrated at home with the kids. Very quiet but nice.
    This year was extra sober because I was afraid to do groceries in the morning because of the fireworks all day. You know, many adolescents in the neighbourhood who enjoy the crackers if that's the word. In some cases bombs is a better word... So, I did not want to go outside, so we started the new year with an empty fridge... We taosted with a champagne glass with Desperados in it. Tasted much better than Champagne anyway...

There were years we celebrated with friends, that was nice. All the kids sleeping over. I also have good memories of my youth when my parents celebrated with friends and we could sleep over there too. That was always an exciting evening.

Perhaps we should try to do something fun again next year, because this way it's nice but it gets more meaningless each year, almost like a regular saturday, except more music on TV and firworks at night....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I regret literally everything I did last night...

vomit

sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I regret literally everything I did last night...

vomit

sleep

applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I had one bottle of wine yesterday, as well as two beers. Not good, but it's impossible to restrain myself when I'm in good company. We all went down to the pier to see the spectactular, professional fireworks at midnight, and then went back and kept it going to 5 in the morning. Lots of singing -- which I absolutely love -- and many interesting discussions with some real characters (artists, musicians, actors etc.).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    There was champagne, port and stilton.
    I regret NOTHING.

Onwards and upwards. If 2012 be the year that spells the end of everything, by God let's go down singing!
    punk bhangra christmas_drunk fireworks
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Please stop singing...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2012 edited
    "SHOULD OLD ACQUAINTENCE BE FORGOT AND NEVVVVVVERRRRR THOUGHT UPON........."
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    punk Ooooh YEAH! On repeat since one this morning.
    It's not enough! It's not enough! We wanna do it one more time!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012
    I went out last night and there was 3 pool competitions.

I won the lot! punk cool

To be fair there were a few people suffering very heavy hangovers whereas I didn't go crazy on the 31st and was in very sound mind and form.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012
    Timmer wrote
    I went out last night and there was 3 pool competitions.

I won the lot! punk cool

To be fair there were a few people suffering very heavy hangovers whereas I didn't go crazy on the 31st and was in very sound mind and form.

That's cheating! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012 edited
    I went to a quiz last night, it was packed out and we won it ( there was even one film music question - Who composed the score to Hitchcock's Psycho? obviously I got it wrong wink ), all went fine, in fact it was too fine as it was a mates birthday and I got horrendously drunk on a combination of beers and too many whiskies and I still feel absolutely awful right now, I will NOT be going out tonight.

p.s. looking over my posts from last night I'm really surprised they're so literate shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    I went to a quiz last night, it was packed out and we won it ( there was even one film music question - Who composed the score to Hitchcock's Psycho? obviously I got it wrong wink ), all went fine, in fact it was too fine as it was a mates birthday and I got horrendously drunk on a combination of beers and too many whiskies and I still feel absolutely awful right now, I will NOT be going out tonight.

p.s. looking over my posts from last night I'm really surprised they're so literate shocked

Some day, I hope you get your Fridays and Saturdays straight, Tim! wink

Anyways, going out for a Friday Beer tonight with a couple of my buddies.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012
    BEER! lick beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2012 edited
    I have to return an earlier complement, by exclaiming:

I approve of this post.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2012
    Cheers mate, I'm bollox now biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2012 edited
    Closing party of the Tromsø Film Festival yesterday, and I got drunk for the first time in many months. It was, however, the second time during the festival where we kept it going to 6 in the morning and also the second time I've film music quizzed my colleagues (by playing themes for them on my laptop) at the nachspiel....they did impressively well!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What kind of film music did you play to them? Are they film-music nuts too or just regular normal people?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    What kind of film music did you play to them? Are they film-music nuts too or just regular normal people?

They definitely qualify as FILM nerds, which means they also have a very good relationship to film music. They're not at OUR level, but still very interested, even for film nerds. I played them a lot of stuff, but can't remember everything right now.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012
    Probably nothing but John Barry, Alexandre Desplat and Michael Giacchino. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Probably nothing but John Barry, Alexandre Desplat and Michael Giacchino. wink

Right. smile One of the editors is actually a massive Desplat fan, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012 edited
    Going out for a meal tonight to celebrate the birthday of a close friend. Thai - quite possibly my favourite world cuisine. Sumptuous stuff.

lick beer < an ice-cold Singha

Can't wait.