• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011 edited
    We won! cool punk

Info later wink

too drunk right now drink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    punk

Told ya so!!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    punk

Told ya so!!

Your faith is warranted beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Guessing you're nursing a hangover today, though. smile

Me, I'm going out to a combined birthday/housewarming party at my best friend's girlfriend's place!

Then we'll probably hit the town afterwards.

Business as usual.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    We shall expect a full report upon your return.

Quite a few of the rounds had a Royal theme, I liked the History round where we were given the dates for horrible deaths of English kings ( Harold II, Richard III, Charles I etc ), we failed at this by getting all the kings correct but put to the wrong dates rolleyes , The geography round had king or queen in the answer such as Q: Brisbane is the capital of what Australian state? A: Queensland, there was also a Royal Pop Music round with answers such as Queen, Prince, Michael Jackson ( the King of pop ) etc etc.

Anyway, it turned out to be an exciting finish because we were tied for 1st place with our arch rivals on 49 points apiece, so we are given a tie-breaker, the first question is about sport and both our teams give the answer on a piece of paper to the quiz master and both our answers are exactly the same, the tension rises and we are given another sport question, we hand our answers in and yet again, both our answers are exactly the same; I should stress that at this point there is no way we would have got this far in the tie-break without our "sportsman" Mike, the rest of us didn't know a single answer to those two questions.

Now then, as you already know, we WON, but this is the question, the 3rd of the tie-break that won it for us and also the question that fell right into my lap cool The quizmaster decided sport wasn't working so changed tact...

'Thor is the latest Marvel comics hero to get the big screen treatment but in which year did Thor make his debut in the comic Journey Into Mystery?'

...over to you guys and no cheating. wink

p.s. the nearest to the correct year wins so pin-point accuracy is not a factor in winning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ahahahaaaa.....ermmmm....I'm guessing....1963?

By the way, kudos on properly managing customer expectations. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ahahahaaaa.....ermmmm....I'm guessing....1963?

By the way, kudos on properly managing customer expectations. wink

Cheers! biggrin beer

1963........cripes!!!! You and I think exactly the same, that's the answer I put and we're both wrong, it's 1962, lucky that you weren't on the other team, I couldn't have handled the stress of a 4th tie-break wink

The other team, which must have had educated ideas on Marvel's formative years were wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out with an answer of 1947 biggrin cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011
    Off out again tonight! biggrin drink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011
    Got my Bachelors degree today! Had a great graduation ceremony, and got to spend a lot of time with family and friends. Plus, my girlfriend's parents and my parents got to finally meet today. All went well! punk Fun times. beer

We ended the day with filet mignon with bacon wrapped around it for dinner, and champagne, cake, gifts, and fun mingling at an after party. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Congrats, omaha!
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Congratulations to you. Enjoy your celebrations!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    punk beer
  2. Moved away from Brahma beer (damn you for changing your bottles!)* and have been drinking Cobra beer the last couple days - and enjoying it.

*I am shallow enough for bottle shape to be part of the enjoying experience of beer drinking. I also have a disproportionate love for foreign beer-specific beer glasses. Some of them are truly works of art!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm off to friends house this afternoon for BBQ, later this evening I'll be going to the pub again to play in a pool contest, I'll be taking it easy on the beer, I feel a bit pickled after 3 days on the sauce wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I'm off to friends house this afternoon for BBQ, later this evening I'll be going to the pub again to play in a pool contest, I'll be taking it easy on the beer, I feel a bit pickled after 3 days on the sauce wink

As you should be, dammit!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    omaha wrote
    Got my Bachelors degree today! Had a great graduation ceremony, and got to spend a lot of time with family and friends. Plus, my girlfriend's parents and my parents got to finally meet today. All went well! punk Fun times. beer

We ended the day with filet mignon with bacon wrapped around it for dinner, and champagne, cake, gifts, and fun mingling at an after party. cheesy

Congrats on everything Gt! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2011
    Timmer wrote

I think the last few days got the better of me, I played AWFUL....well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it shame wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2011
    I shall spend this lovely day persuing the great English tradition of gardening, between prunning I'll be drinking tea and listening to music biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011
    Sounded lovely. smile How was it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011 edited
    A lot more work than I thought it would be but in an enjoyable way, stopping for the odd cup of tea, if I'd put on wellies and tweeds and played 'Greensleeves' I would have been more English than English cheesy wink

My cat Gomez ( a beautiful English name don't you think? wink ) enjoyed watching me potter around and had to explore every new area I cleared or hole I dug. cat
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011
    Haha, very good!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2011
    Right now I'm drinking beer and soon I'm off out...

Cheers beer
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2011
    Cheers! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2011
    Been staying in all night, eating homemade pizza, chips, chocolate, strawberries, beer and whatnot (and watching SUPERNATURAL on the computer). So stuffed now that even my BACK hurts! And it's almost 1 am and I should be going to bed.

Ugh.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2011 edited
    Tonight I celebrated (celebrate?) Cinco De Mayo with my girlfriend and some friends. Haha, I actually found out what it meant tonight. Didn't realize that it is largely a United States holiday rather than Mexico. Only a few small areas in Mexico actually celebrate it. At first, we had assumed it must be an Independence holiday for Mexico or something of that nature. Really, the Holiday only celebrates Mexican culture.

An evening with fantastic Guacamole, salsa, and tacos is something I will never deny though. Also had my first margarita. Not really a fan.

Then I talked books with a new friend and watched an episode of Firefly.

Also knocked out getting a mother's day gift for the mom.
    It's mothers day Sunday here in the states.

Great Saturday. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've heard about that.

Isn't that the one with the "Dead Man's Party" and stuff? A day of the dead-type thing?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2011 edited
    BBQ at a friend's place outside the city tonight. He's got this porch thingie that is recently refurbished. Should be good, esp. with the semi-summer day today (almost 20 C). Several specialty beers bought, both import and Norwegian.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Since Belgium has become the new Spain (29 degrees here today), we're having a drink at a friend's garden. Lovely breeze, still warm, ... cosy!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Belgium is the new Spain eh? That's good news, not so far for me to travel.