• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    Still listening to Giannini
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Every time you play that album now will nostalgically transport you back to Oz.

I know it mate. As it was my last full day in Australia today, I decided to have a reflective afternoon in the sun, so I just sat down on the grass and played this on my iPod. In fact, I started to feel really sad, but in a good way. Kind of like: it's so depressing to be leaving all the good times - but they were GOOD times. Then you just smile and enjoy.

I know the feeling...kinda sweet nostalgic depression, the one that doesn't bother you but makes you think about stuff you've been through, experiences and people that mean a lot to you, makes you wander down the memory lanes... smile A couple of years back or so, i'd found myself doing that all the time smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I use to think about stuff like that a lot but the stroke has taken away most of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Every time you play that album now will nostalgically transport you back to Oz.

I know it mate. As it was my last full day in Australia today, I decided to have a reflective afternoon in the sun, so I just sat down on the grass and played this on my iPod. In fact, I started to feel really sad, but in a good way. Kind of like: it's so depressing to be leaving all the good times - but they were GOOD times. Then you just smile and enjoy.

cool

When do you arrive back here?

I arrive late Sunday evening so I'm checking into a hotel for the night and getting the train back up to Birmingham the next morning.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh well, at least we're basking in blue skies and hot sun for your return smile

NP : THE RETURN OF THE SPACE COWBOY - Jamiroquai

...and talking of great weather cool punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote

Nice to hear!

NP: Secret Story - Pat Metheny

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009 edited
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

Nice to hear!

cool

Lee, seeing as you enjoy that album so much you may really like this one too....

NP : STILL LIFE ( TALKING ) - Pat Metheny Group

This album has nostalgic value to me, it takes me back to my travels on Euro-rail and places like Norway and Portugal and particularly Paris where I finally said goodbye to good friends, the track Last Train Home says it all for me, a deeply evocative track with a bitter sweetness that never fail's to make me smile but also makes me feel sad and yearn for great times that can never be repeated.

EDIT : - It's been too bloody long since I've played this excellent album, there's not a bad track on here and the percussion in the track Third Wind is quite simply AWESOME! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: CARMINA BURANA...Carl Orff. Haven't listened to this classic for a time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

Nice to hear!

cool

Lee, seeing as you enjoy that album so much you may really like this one too....

This album has nostalgic value to me, it takes me back to my travels on Euro-rail and places like Norway and Portugal and particularly Paris where I finally said goodbye to good friends, the track Last Train Home says it all for me, a deeply evocative track with a bitter sweetness that never fail's to make me smile but also makes me feel sad and yearn for great times that can never be repeated.

EDIT : - It's been too bloody long since I've played this excellent album, there's not a bad track on here and the percussion in the track Third Wind is quite simply AWESOME! cool

Long time no play catch up punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    NP: MARCHE SLAVE....Tchaikovsky A short but extremely effective Russian piece.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote

You'll never believe it Tim, but this album was available for listening in Singapore Airlines' on-demand music service on the flight I was just on. Incredible.

Brilliant music it is too. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

You'll never believe it Tim, but this album was available for listening in Singapore Airlines' on-demand music service on the flight I was just on. Incredible.

Brilliant music it is too. cool

shocked

cool beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Due to the strong influences of Ravel and Debussy found in my score playing of Goldsmith's Legend & The Final Conflict I just had to play this wondrous, near 10 minute piece by Debussy cool

NP : PRELUDE A L'APRES-MIDI D'UNE FAUNE - Claude Debussy

Perfect.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LARK ASCENDING - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Britains Got Talent? PAH!!! Britain's got GENIUS. you just don't find it on crap tv shows
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    NP : Farewell To The King - Basil Poledouris

Fantastic score cool

And what a glorious Sunday morning it is here in the UK cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    NP : Farewell To The King - Basil Poledouris

Fantastic score cool

And what a glorious Sunday morning it is here in the UK cool

Wrong thread, sir!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    oops! rolleyes shame
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited
    Brahms - Symphony No. 2

Houston Symphony Orchestra, Christoph Eschenbach

This is my first listen of the 2nd Symphony.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ColSharpe wrote
    Brahms - Symphony No. 2

I've still not got around to replacing my Brahms LP's with CD's slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    ColSharpe wrote
    Brahms - Symphony No. 2

This should be a relatively inexpensive process for you. I've seen sets of the four symphonies in the $10 range.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ColSharpe wrote
    Brahms - Symphony No. 2

This should be a relatively inexpensive process for you. I've seen sets of the four symphonies in the $10 range.
    Thomas

I know Tom, I just seem to keep neglecting. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    When it is important enough you will.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    sdtom wrote
    When it is important enough you will.

It'll come at a point where I think "I haven't listened to Brahms for years?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There is oh so much to listen to.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    Copland - Appalachian Spring

Leonard Bernstein / New York Philharmonic / Sony Classical
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'd listen to the Copland Appalachian Spring arranged for chamber orchestra. Either way what a great work.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ORCHESTRAL TUBULAR BELLS - Mike Oldfield

Excellent work cool
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 6 Pathétique

Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra, Mariss Jansons / Chandos - Box set of symphonies that I've got some time ago and only today unwrapped it.

The composer led the first performance in St. Petersburg on October 28, 1893, nine days before his death.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    ColSharpe wrote
    Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 6 Pathétique

Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra, Mariss Jansons / Chandos - Box set of symphonies that I've got some time ago and only today unwrapped it.

The composer led the first performance in St. Petersburg on October 28, 1893, nine days before his death.

I think as you listen to this final work Tchaikovsky seemed to know that he was going to die. Listen to the last movement and how it ends in nothingness.

Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm currently listening to Tchaikovsky also. It is his Suite #1.