• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Avatar seemed to work well in 2D.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I told you this before, but apparently you weren't paying attention

I must have remembered it wrong, I knew you had an issue concerning 3D, but I thought it was with headache and not the fact that you actually can't watch 3D movies. You're not missing anything though!

He's missing the 3D! Which is a pretty big miss in both Avatar and Hugo.

honestly, I don't miss it at all. It's a gimmick that will not make Avatar better or worse, it's nice to have I guess, but it doesn't make the movies better one bit.

A movie like Hugo doesn't need 3D at all, nor does the 80% of movies that feature it today
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I told you this before, but apparently you weren't paying attention

I must have remembered it wrong, I knew you had an issue concerning 3D, but I thought it was with headache and not the fact that you actually can't watch 3D movies. You're not missing anything though!

anyway, I don't care, you know it now wink
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    A movie like Hugo doesn't need 3D at all, nor does the 80% of movies that feature it today

But watching a movie with me next to you improves the experience, no?
    Well, at least it worked the other way around for me wink
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

It doesn't need 3D any more than it needs technicolour or a widescreen aspect ratio or stereo sound; nor does it need it any less. It is a visual feast conceived by one of the outstanding film directors of his time and it is deliberately conceived to be in 3D. It doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed in 2D, of course.

I enjoyed Avatar in 2D, but it's not half the feast for the senses that it is in 3D.
  5. Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

you were the only reason why I payed 2 euros more to see nothing extra wink
  6. Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

It doesn't need 3D any more than it needs technicolour or a widescreen aspect ratio or stereo sound; nor does it need it any less. It is a visual feast conceived by one of the outstanding film directors of his time and it is deliberately conceived to be in 3D. It doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed in 2D, of course.

I enjoyed Avatar in 2D, but it's not half the feast for the senses that it is in 3D.

I know 3D can be enjoyed, but I'm just saying 3D will not make a movie better (rating wise). you might enjoy it more, but the actors will not deliver a better or poorer performance, the story will not expand or degenerate, the effects will not look cheaper or better.

I'm just saying this is a gimmick that will be enjoyed by many people, as detested. As long as they're making the 2D and the 3D version, I don't care. But I don't like having to see Hugo only in 3D just because there's no 2D version anymore. I'm hoping for them this was a one time deal, if not I'm gonna wait for the blu-ray release.
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Wait, Thomas saw it in 3D too? Because he can't SEE 3D??? confused

it was the only option, there was no digital version

So what was that like?

like paying 2 euros for seeing nothing in 3D, and having pain on my nose due to the glasses, so marvelous smile

Yeah the heavy shutter-eye (active) glasses can become very bothersome after an hour. I hear the passive glasses are much lighter.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    you were the only reason why I payed 2 euros more to see nothing extra wink

And it was a beautiful birthday present for me wink
  9. DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah the heavy shutter-eye (active) glasses can become very bothersome after an hour. I hear the passive glasses are much lighter.

They are.
    I have had the opportunity to see Avatar with them (back when I was visiting my friend in Edinburgh). I saw Avatar a second time (with the active shutter glasses). I can say that with the first pair of glasses the experience was superior.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2012
    Apparently someone composed this suite, based on the themes heard in The Hobbit trailer.

I like it!

Does anyone know when the score will be released? (Yes I know, first: summer!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    This is really nicely done I think! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Old news?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2012 edited
    Old news I guess.

Playing non-stop here now!!

May your feet be hairy! wave
  10. it's not bad indeed, I like how it flows through each theme seamlessly. Definitely nice try
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2012
    Bregje wrote
    Old news I guess.

Playing non-stop here now!!

May your feet be hairy! wave

Thanks Bregie! Playing it non stop here too! wave
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I like how it flows through each theme seamlessly.

Me too!

Stavroula wrote:
    Thanks Bregie! Playing it non stop here too!

It gets better with each listen, doesn't it? cheesy

May your beard be long!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012 edited
    Right. What do you think of this new project, Cronenberg's COSMOPOLIS? Both movie and possible Shore score...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1480656/
    http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/cosmopolis/trailer

Although i cannot stop wondering: why the twilight dude, again? smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012 edited
    Looking very much forward to this. It'll be a big thing at the Cannes film festival, a return from Cronenberg to his edgier early work, after his compromised mainstream stuff as of recent years. Also, it's based upon a novel by Don DeLillo, who's a great writer that inspired Chuck Palahniuk, who's also a great writer.

Pattinson meanwhile shows great taste by picking this as his next project and shows he might develop into an interesting actor (I'm a little annoyed by the many internet criticism that seem to judge him already). The trailer (also the lengthier recent one) shows he's not afraid of taking risks with this one. He could've chosen the next romantic comedy or hero type role, instead of this sleazy, unattractive dude.

Howard Shore is indeed doing the score, and I'm equally looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012 edited
    Good news for fans of Shore's only foray into the video game genre, SOUL OF THE ULTIMATE NATION: Howard Shore will release an American version through his own label on the 10th of July.

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Shore-Soul … amp;sr=1-2

Since I got interested in S.U.N. after finding out it had gone out of print, I'll probably be getting this.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012
    BobdH wrote
    Good news for fans of Shore's only foray into the video game genre, SOUL OF THE ULTIMATE NATION: Howard Shore will release an American version through his own label on the 10th of July.

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Shore-Soul … amp;sr=1-2

Since I got interested in S.U.N. after finding out it had gone out of print, I'll probably be getting this.

Give me a reminder nearer the time please Bob, I want this too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  11. That is good news. I have this on cd-r. Pretty much a LOTR-lite, but the final track alone is worth getting the disc for.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012
    SUN is a little mono-thematic, but can be summed up as LOTR in Korean with added theremin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012
    Listen to a clean version of "The “Misty Mountains” from The Hobbit by Howard Shore

http://thorinoakenshield.net/2012/06/18 … lly-clear/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  12. Demetris wrote
    Listen to a clean version of "The “Misty Mountains” from The Hobbit by Howard Shore

http://thorinoakenshield.net/2012/06/18 … lly-clear/

ow man, LOTR goosebumps there
    I'm seriously looking forward to that score punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012
    yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  13. sleep

Not too bothered about the songs. Want to hear the orchestral score though.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  14. Thanks for the link, Demetris. Very much appreciated.