• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010
    We all ate one. Was good indeed. It's not a regular pancake though, much more brown corn.
    Kazoo
  1. Bregt wrote
    We all ate one. Was good indeed. It's not a regular pancake though, much more brown corn.

was that a pancake? confused
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote

Brown corn? confused Either way, I'll trust that it's good, I must try it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Lik bread with more darker corn than usual? Brown bread. But then in a pan cake.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Maybe more like what Indians make, a flat unleavened bread.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    Tintin wrote
    The June trip to Europe is getting more precise now. We'll be in Amsterdam for 4 days and the rest of the time in Northern Italy. I'm not sure if we will get to Rome this time around but we'll see.

Great! In June I'll be finished with my training so I have all the time in the world for a meeting then! cheesy

Martijn, I will need some recommendations of what to do in Amsterdam, apart from having a beer (or port) on a terrasse along a canal. Biking around is also in the plans. I borrowed some books on Amsterdam and Italy and I am immersing myself in the culture and history of the places. I haven't read the Anna Frank book yet but I will before.
    We can organize a meeting for sure.

You're reading books about Amsterdam? Good. Then you can be my guide. applause
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    Bregje wrote

You're reading books about Amsterdam? Good. Then you can be my guide. applause

He he. Ok. That will be 5 euros mam. That includes the visit of Roger van Otterloo's house.
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Rogier!
    ROGIER!

crazy
    Argh!I hate Canadians!

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is Soldier of Orange worth seeing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Best Dutch film ever.
    Yes, it's a really fine piece of work, even for non-Dutchies.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I figured as much Martijn but it's nice to get a further thumbs up. My local rental store has it in their foreign section so I'll be checking it out. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Coolness!
    I'd be interested in your thoughts afterwards!
    beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Will do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010
    Sorry for being out of touch for a couple of weeks here. Once I arrived back from Dubai and the Middle East (report will follow later), my computer had crashed. It is now in repair for a couple of weeks more, so I will have to depend on occasional log-ins from other computers.

Tomorrow, I'm going to our summer house in Denmark to celebrate Easter and my dad's 60th birthday, and I'll stay there for a week and a half, returning just in time for our big London event. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that there is an internet connection there, otherwise I could keep in touch with my dad's computer. I'll see if I can hack the neighbours' net or something! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010
    Good to hear from you Thor and look forward to hearing of your Eastern adventures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Welcome back, Thor!

Where are you going in Denmark?

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Pub I expect!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    Welcome back, Thor!

Where are you going in Denmark?

Peter smile

Our summer house on Fur in Limfjorden, which we've had since 1980. Not much of a pub there, except a small one at the pier, which is open whenever it feels like it (usually in the summer months)! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Sounds charming. Never been to the area myself I must admit.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I want to go to Denmark!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You and your glaciermania! shocked

I'll have some more palm trees, thank you. cool cocktail
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010 edited
    There are glaciers in Denmark? shocked :ice: :snow: :cold: :fjord:
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Glaciers, alps, ice storms, fjords, penguins. Legos. You name it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    But no Little Mermaid anymore....it's gone! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    True.
    But I gather they already have a substitute.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    True.
    But I gather they already have a substitute.

lol ...and so soooooooooo apt. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010 edited
    I've put some pics from the Dubai trip up at facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 … 2801bbc171

Some drawbacks that didn't shine through in the pics:

- Alcohol is only served in hotel bars and clubs, which is cumbersome when you just want a beer with a meal in a non-hotel restaurant
    - It's a humongous traffic machine - at times extremely confusing, even for an experienced driver like my friend - and no cozy backs streets or pedestrian streets whatsoever. At least none that we could find.
    - You have to watch whatever you do - you shouldn't spit, talk loudly, appear drunk in public, chew chewing gum, you must wear long shorts etc. Lots of rules in muslim countries that can be tiresome to liberal Westerners, but you want to respect the culture of the country you're in. It's not the laidback atmosphere of, say, Thailand.
    - Variable service - at least in our hotels
    - Since the city has developped rapidly and gone from sleepy fishing village to urban metropole in 50 years, there are lots of manufactured things and few authentic, traditional areas
    - Our trip was also plagued with sloppy research, but that is only our own fault, of course

- Overall, it was a pretty good trip (as the pics suggest), but I don't think I will be returning any time soon.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010
    Thor wrote
    Lots of rules in muslim countries that can be tiresome to liberal Westerners, but you want to respect the culture of the country you're in.

...or you'll find yourself in jail very quickly. slant
    Seen that happen a few times to unsuspecting expats.
    Even deportation is preferable.

I'll have a look through the photos anon. Thanks for sharing, Thor.
    And welcome back! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010 edited
    Are these people serious with those rules? I am glad i never visited a Muslim country nor do i plan to.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.