• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. It's beside me, but you seem to not understand that. You've already demonstrated lack of reading comprehension, now we've moved on to lack of just basic understanding.

You've also dsiplayed three of the signs of Dissocial Personality Disorder. Perhaps you should consult a psychologist -- you may have more important issues to deal with than being here and posting online.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Point 1:
    I would like to point out, using my last piece -- untitled and simply called "Symphonette 1", that it's all structure. From the very beginning you are instroduced to the 15 note "theme" of the piece, the resolution comes after the first six notes are repeated again, and then the uplifting part is the bridge, which leads back into the main 15 note melody, which is this time borken up with some of it playing at the underlining melody while the female vocals take the rest to play over it (I don't know the musical term for that) and eventually over which the bridge plays. This is almost pure structure, which it seems many here have failed to find (you didn't comment on it, so I don't know if you missed it).

Point 2:
    I've listen to a fair number of pieces that change ryhthm at times, or skip a beat for dramatic affect. I skipped two beats (that I recall) in the first piece I posted, for dramatic affect; it created a sense of sadness. Hell, I even tuned both pianos differently from each other so it wouldn't sound like a wall of piano noise, and made sure the one playing the melody was some what muffled and child-like in innocese. Should not that piece also has a theme (or melody), a resolution, and a bridge. It may sound random, but some people here are just too quick to judge things without putting as much thought into it's mechanics as their insults. And one should note this is my FIRST time EVER composing anything. Even Morricone had his first film score rejected, so everyone calm the fuck down.

Justin, I don't know what your problem is, but the mere fact that you can back up your 'music' with structural know-how doesn't make it a good piece. For example, a piece whose notes are governed by mathematical measurements and concepts, however complicated, is not automatically a musical work of genius. You act too much like you're the most brilliant composer in the world, like every 'mistake' has a purpose; I'm not saying it doesn't, but rather that you A. are on drugs B. are insane C. are unjustly proud of your work or D. are having a joke with us. I'm not sure which, but you've got to be one of those. Using big words and trying to explain away every little note doesn't make your piece any better than that of a toddler who plays a few notes on a keyboard and doesn't back it up with big words and explanations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    justin boggan wrote
    It's beside me, but you seem to not understand that. You've already demonstrated lack of reading comprehension, now we've moved on to lack of just basic understanding.

You've also dsiplayed three of the signs of Dissocial Personality Disorder. Perhaps you should consult a psychologist -- you may have more important issues to deal with than being here and posting online.

It's like you know me! shocked Do someone else! cheesy
  2. William wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Point 1:
    I would like to point out, using my last piece -- untitled and simply called "Symphonette 1", that it's all structure. From the very beginning you are instroduced to the 15 note "theme" of the piece, the resolution comes after the first six notes are repeated again, and then the uplifting part is the bridge, which leads back into the main 15 note melody, which is this time borken up with some of it playing at the underlining melody while the female vocals take the rest to play over it (I don't know the musical term for that) and eventually over which the bridge plays. This is almost pure structure, which it seems many here have failed to find (you didn't comment on it, so I don't know if you missed it).

Point 2:
    I've listen to a fair number of pieces that change ryhthm at times, or skip a beat for dramatic affect. I skipped two beats (that I recall) in the first piece I posted, for dramatic affect; it created a sense of sadness. Hell, I even tuned both pianos differently from each other so it wouldn't sound like a wall of piano noise, and made sure the one playing the melody was some what muffled and child-like in innocese. Should not that piece also has a theme (or melody), a resolution, and a bridge. It may sound random, but some people here are just too quick to judge things without putting as much thought into it's mechanics as their insults. And one should note this is my FIRST time EVER composing anything. Even Morricone had his first film score rejected, so everyone calm the fuck down.

Justin, I don't know what your problem is, but the mere fact that you can back up your 'music' with structural know-how doesn't make it a good piece. For example, a piece whose notes are governed by mathematical measurements and concepts, however complicated, is not automatically a musical work of genius. You act too much like you're the most brilliant composer in the world, like every 'mistake' has a purpose; I'm not saying it doesn't, but rather that you A. are on drugs B. are insane C. are unjustly proud of your work or D. are having a joke with us. I'm not sure which, but you've got to be one of those. Using big words and trying to explain away every little note doesn't make your piece any better than that of a toddler who plays a few notes on a keyboard and doesn't back it up with big words and explanations.

I'm not trying to use "big words", these are just the correct musical terminology descriptions.

And whether I can back up my music or not (which I backed it up for a reason in reply) has no due pre-judgement on my piece -- in the end it's in the ear of the beholder. Some just have better sense of what they say in response, like Mikael. And at least one showing serious mental problems that should really be checkign by a professional, as it may be a deepers sign of mental instability.

And I have no said every piece of a stable foundation and that every note has a purpose, in fact I said the piece called "Weird 2" has in fact a number of random useless notes. In fact, anyone who sat threw that from beginning to end deserves a cookie.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    And I have no said every piece of a stable foundation and that every note has a purpose, in fact I said the piece called "Weird 2" has in fact a number of random useless notes.

Then how on Earth can you deem this 'good music' or better yet, 'music?'
  3. Read all my posts here -- I never deemed it as "Good" music, or even "okay", or anything resembling "hey, that's worth a listen!". In fact, I said a couple times during the listening of that piece I didn't even like certain parts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    justin boggan wrote
    And at least one showing serious mental problems that should really be checkign by a professional, as it may be a deepers sign of mental instability.

Now there's a person who can't take his criticism! biggrin
  4. Even traits of narcissism. Have you been to a doctor? Do these problems manifest in your daily life and with others, and/or at work? You should really be checked out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    As far as baiting goes, I'd give you a B+ for effort. But D- for content.
    Must try harder.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    LOCK THIS SHIT DOWN PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    justin boggan wrote
    Read all my posts here -- I never deemed it as "Good" music, or even "okay", or anything resembling "hey, that's worth a listen!". In fact, I said a couple times during the listening of that piece I didn't even like certain parts.

OK, fair enough. But still... If you don't think it's worth us hearing, what was the point in creating this thread to begin with, other than waste our time? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

biggrin
  5. William wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Read all my posts here -- I never deemed it as "Good" music, or even "okay", or anything resembling "hey, that's worth a listen!". In fact, I said a couple times during the listening of that piece I didn't even like certain parts.

OK, fair enough. But still... If you don't think it's worth us hearing, what was the point in creating this thread to begin with, other than waste our time? confused

I created the thread for all my compositions, not just that one. Would be a waste to start a thread each time I make something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    justin boggan wrote
    William wrote
    justin boggan wrote

I created the thread for all my compositions, not just that one. Would be a waste to start a thread each time I make something.

Then why not wait until you've written something truly good, rather than waste our time with failures?
  6. justin boggan wrote
    Even traits of narcissism. Have you been to a doctor? Do these problems manifest in your daily life and with others, and/or at work? You should really be checked out.

Justin, you need some checking out yourself. Going ad personam?

Man, NO SOFTWARE will make up for lack of ANY coherent rhythmic structure, harmony and melodic ideas and don't you say that you are a MODERN or CONTEMPORARY composer, because the best of them (ie. those that are actually REMEMBERED) have what you have not.

The only technical remark I could give you is going back to kindergarten! Sorry, but that's the truth. You. Can't. Compose.

If you can't take decent criticizm, just lay it off and find yourself another passion, learn to goddamn KNIT! ANd lay off Zimmer, his pieces have MUCH more structure and MUCH mroe talent to it than what you call your music.

So do mine, actually...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Because that one piece is the only one I would consider an utter failure. "Piano 1" and "Symphonette 1" are in no ways failures from my view. I accomplished what I wanted to with each piece. It's up to the listner after that to decide whether it fails for him or herself.
  8. Congratulations. What you wanted is utter nothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Congratulations. What you wanted is utter nothing.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    justin boggan wrote
    "Piano 1" and "Symphonette 1" are in no ways failures from my view.

Well, they are from mine.
  9. And that woul be your view. Views that cause some people to like Elfman, or others to not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    justin boggan wrote
    And that woul be your view. Views that cause some people to like Elfman, or others to not.

Fair enough. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

No need to overreact, Erik. smile
  10. Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    I'm using a program for which the copyright is 1988-1998.

What are you using it for?

Because I'm too lazy to buy an actual program that costs money... there's a recession going on, don't you know?

But you still haven't said what you're using the program for, which is a pretty pivotal piece of information if we are to take much from your statement.

Indeed, it is called Musicator.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    justin boggan wrote
    Point 1:
    I would like to point out, using my last piece -- untitled and simply called "Symphonette 1", that it's all structure.

That piece has more structure than your others, but the structure isn't strong enough and doesn't serve its purpose which is to make the musical work interesting, coherent and interesting!

I've listen to a fair number of pieces that change ryhthm at times, or skip a beat for dramatic affect. I skipped two beats (that I recall) in the first piece I posted, for dramatic affect; it created a sense of sadness.

That's what you say, and it's nice to hear that you have ambitions. But it does not get through. Music is communication. You fail to communicate these things. Your pieces have a sort of ultra-randomness to them. If THAT is the purpose, then well done! But judgning from what you write here, you want to achieve something else with your compositions.

Do you have any of your music written out?

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    justin boggan wrote
    "Piano 1" and "Symphonette 1" are in no ways failures from my view.

Piano 1 is not that bad actually. That one has problems with the performance which sounds a little like the pianist is sight-reading it for the first time and is not sure of how the piece should sound. The notes are OK, nothing unusual, nothing particularly good about them, but it's an okay piece which would be much better if you did some more tweaking on performance AND musical development.

Symphonette 1, again, I can hear what you are trying to do but it's a complete failure. You introduce your theme, but the bass line (an attempt at counterpoint???) is not in sync, making the whole piece sounding diskonted and fragmentary.

Also, the production values is your biggest enemy. The sounds you are using are absolutely terrible and I frankly don't understand how you can stand working with them!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ok, this goes down. Locked.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Lets not get mad, Justin is, even though he's not accepting much of the constructive criticism given by some members, not doing much wrong. Although, the discussion between Steven and Justin is getting ridiculous (mostly due to Justin's overreacting), I see no reason yet to close this topic.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I say close this one down and start anew.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  11. I vote for it to stay. If Justin has to learn something, then accepting warranted criticism is one of them, sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Best. Thread. Ever! biggrin