• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009 edited
    Bregje wrote
    I wish some dog owners had better manners. I hate dog shit and I hate dogs who chase me and bite me because they are unleashed. I hate dog owners who laugh instead of apologize when their dog chases me and jumps me.
    cry

I hate dog shit too, despite warnings to dog owners of being fined for not cleaning up after their dogs I still see "messy" sidewalks ( surely the culprits are doing this under cover of darkness ). A few years back a friend unknowingly walked dog shit into my house, if I'd known the owner at that point I'd have stuck his / her face in it.

Dogs are not allowed on the streets unaccompanied, I'm presuming this is the same in Europe?

Bregje, do you become nervous around dogs? It may be why they react in such a way around you!?

Finally, I don't think there are bad dogs.....just bad owners! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    Steven wrote
    I'm sure I can rely on my cats to help me if ever I'm in danger.

The sissy dogs more people carry around (the ones who look like carpets) are the first to run off a dangerous situation anyway wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn: thanks wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    I'm sure I can rely on my cats to help me if ever I'm in danger.

The sissy dogs more people carry around (the ones who look like carpets) are the first to run off a dangerous situation anyway wink

No they are not! Those small rat-dogs are vicious snappy little ankle biters.

Where's the "PUNT!" emoticon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Until you kick 'em.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Oil on the fire, me old son. Oil on the fire...
    cat

Referring to this D?

Love the 2nd one punk cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Until you kick 'em.

What do you think a "PUNT!" emoticon might be!? cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Sadly there most certainly are bad dogs.
    A lot of the pedigree dogs have been bred almost into the ground, the saddest example being the German Shepherd, which are notoriously unreliable, to the point of psychotic. They can just ...snap.
    slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yes smile

Seriously though, i have nothing against dogs, for God's sake, i LOVE animals. I just prefer cats 'cause the fact that most Dogs will foolishly sit and take abuse from an asshole of an owner (i've seen it many times) just because their goofy nature can't understand that THEIR VERY OWN owner can be an asshole too, is a little annoying to me. Cats will purrrrrrrr and love you ONLY as long as you feed and love them too, they won't hesitate to show their evil sneaky side otherwise and i just love that; i like that they are clever and selfish to a point, and they need their space, they won't bug you ALL the time nor will they try to.....*cough* fudge you....literally, if you have a cute butt and you're bent over! wink I love people who set their limits and space as well, i don't like dumb hoomans either.

Another self-explanatory factor that has kept me away from owning a dog, ever, is the subject of cleanness and general hygiene.

But still, i can understand why certain people show more affection towards Dogs, due to the 100% (and most of the times even more) wholehearted return of your very own feelings from a Dog that would do anything for you.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Sadly there most certainly are bad dogs.
    A lot of the pedigree dogs have been bred almost into the ground, the saddest example being the German Shepherd, which are notoriously unreliable, to the point of psychotic. They can just ...snap.
    slant

I concur, you are indeed correct Martijn. I should have pointed out that the majority of badly behaved dogs is down to bad training from bad owners.

And certain breeds of dog should be bred out of existence....for humane reasons and dangerous reasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yes smile

Seriously though, i have nothing against dogs, for God's sake, i LOVE animals. I just prefer cats 'cause the fact that most Dogs will foolishly sit and take abuse from an asshole of an owner (i've seen it many times) just because their goofy nature can't understand that THEIR VERY OWN owner can be an asshole too, is a little annoying to me. Cats will purrrrrrrr and love you ONLY as long as you feed and love them too, they won't hesitate to show their evil sneaky side otherwise and i just love that; i like that they are clever and selfish to a point, and they need their space, they won't bug you ALL the time nor will they try to.....*cough* fudge you....literally, if you have a cute butt and you're bent over! wink I love people who set their limits and space as well, i don't like dumb hoomans either.

But it's not quite as black and white or clear cut as that, D. All sorts of dogs have all sorts of attitudes. Mine is a particularly laid-back, timid dog but would never put up with any abuse. Though it's not something he has to deal with of course, he's a very pampered pooch due to my Mum!

And I HATE little rat dogs. I think it's disgusting the way they've been bred purely as a fashion accessory. I only really like big, huggable, friendly dogs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009
    Steven wrote
    And I HATE little rat dogs. I think it's disgusting the way they've been bred purely as a fashion accessory. I only really like big, huggable, friendly dogs.

Me too! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Bregje, do you become nervous around dogs? It may be why they react in such a way around you!?

I do now!

A dog bit me years ago. I had a paper round and it was early in the morning, 5.30 or something. I was on my bike and the owner was outside with the dog in the street but unleashed. I just cycled by very quietly as if nothing happened. I was a bit nervous but the owner was there, so I was sure nothing would happen. As I slowly cycled away I could hear the dogs paws on the street and his panting behind me! The owner was calling the dog so I kept moving in the same direction, very calmly, because I thought the dog would go back. I heard the owner call again but the dog kept chasing me and then he bit in my leg.

I got really angry at the owner, said he should keep his dog with him, he kept apologizing and said he didn't understand why the dog just did that. He thought the dog probably wanted to play... He asked if I was alright. My leg hurt a bit but nothing to see so I continued my paperround. Now the weird thing was I was wearing stretch jeans. So when I got back home and took of my trousers I saw I had three bite wounds in my leg. But my pants were completely fine!

So, I had to go to the docter, get tetanus vaccin and everything. rolleyes
    People said I had to report the police so I called and told the whole story and answered all kinds of questions and then they made an appointment. When I was there and told the whole story again, they said if it wasn't on purpose they couldn't do anything. The police said I could call the owner and ask for money for my clothes. I said my clothes are fine, my leg is not! It is illegal here to have your dog unleashed (except for special dog parks), but if the police isn't there to see it, they can't do anything of course.

Now, I didn't tell you that I already hated that dog. It was the kind of watch dog who had an outside resident as big as the whole garden. Each week when I passed that garden he was standing there behind the iron bars looking at me very aggressively and barking and I looked back very aggressively and sticked out my tongue or middle finger. Just because. So I'm sure he remembered that.
    wink

He also had a bone in the garden as big as a human thigh bone. He bit me in my thigh as well, I thought that was kind of funny, hahaha.

Anyway, the result is I don't trust the owners anymore. I always thought I was safe if the owner was around. So now each time a dog runs to me and the owner is shouting at the dog to come back, I'm not so sure anymore that is going to happen.

Lesson learned: don't tongue thumbs at dogs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009
    Hm, you all think it's my own fault, don't you... slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009 edited
    Answer: Get a BIGGER do yourself!

I used to get nervous around dogs. If they ever start following me now I just keep an eye out that they're not going to do something stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote

shocked

I am a HUGE proponent of Mace or pepper spray, JUST for this VERY reason.
    It's VERY apparent this dog was TRAINED to be aggressive, and the owner had no business letting him run free.

Now if you had been sneaking into the house, covered in barbacue sauce...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Bregje wrote

shocked

I am a HUGE proponent of Mace or pepper spray, JUST for this VERY reason.
    It's VERY apparent this dog was TRAINED to be aggressive, and the owner had no business letting him run free.

Now if you had been sneaking into the house, covered in barbacue sauce...

Ever seen a BEAR get maced!??? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Does he really know what it is on the screen? shocked
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyECqbUx7zI
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Miya wrote
    Does he really know what it is on the screen? shocked
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyECqbUx7zI

LOL! I love it when he starts throwing around that giant teddy now and then. Totally absurd, if you think about it.

Crazy dogs.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009
    Just found this. At last, truth unveiled!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I approve of this site! ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You better do. 'Cause otherwise, i have some evil handy to send to you.
  1. lol at Captain Kirk's dog biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Gutted. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    lol at Captain Kirk's dog biggrin

Get the fuck!? biggrin cool
  2. Get the what ??? rolleyes
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just a more colourful way of saying 'your kidding me' Gilles wink
  3. Hahaha! Get the fuck back at ya Tim tongue wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin

( but don't put the 'back at ya Tim' bit wink
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
    9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
    9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
    10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
    12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
    1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
    3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
    5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
    7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
    8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
    11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

biggrin

Taken from this site:

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Humor/ot … _diary.htm