• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011
    I usually feel sick if:

1. I go out running within an hour of eating or had a huge drink immediately before I go

2. If I run too fast

Slow down a bit, see if it helps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011
    Anthony wrote
    I usually feel sick if:

1. I go out running within an hour of eating or had a huge drink immediately before I go

2. If I run too fast

Slow down a bit, see if it helps.

I apparently get sick no matter what and when I eat and whatever the speed I run in.

But yeah....better slow down. Need to prolong the stretches where I just walk.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2011
    Slow burning carbohydrates are best, bananas, pasta, that sort of thing and give them a few hours to digest. Same with liquids ( especially if your making 'smoothies' with bananas, fruits etc ), it'll digest quicker but an hour isn't enough.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011
    I've started working aout again after a year and a half stop due to the asthma and the other "goodies" I had to face last year. It feels like I've never worked out beforeI No stamina but not much pain thankfully! The flexibility is there still! I really have to work on my abs. I'm thin but my tummy is big. sad
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Stavroula wrote
    I've started working aout again after a year and a half stop due to the asthma and the other "goodies" I had to face last year. It feels like I've never worked out beforeI No stamina but not much pain thankfully! The flexibility is there still! I really have to work on my abs. I'm thin but my tummy is big. sad

Good to hear, Stavi!

I hope to get where you're at too in a not too distant future (i.e. jogging at least twice a week). Just don't let it control your life!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thank you Thor! Working out is my way of letting out some steam actually. I get real of the pressure I'm under and it also helps me with the pain form the scoliosis, but I control it, don't worry! smile
    As for you take it steady and you will be better than me pretty soon!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    :faint:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Slow burning carbohydrates are best, bananas, pasta, that sort of thing and give them a few hours to digest. Same with liquids ( especially if your making 'smoothies' with bananas, fruits etc ), it'll digest quicker but an hour isn't enough.

*you're

Oh it's good to be back. *high five*
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

*you're

*sigh*

Back atcha! wink thumbsup <--hell! I can't even count can I!? shame cry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

*sigh*

Back atcha!

Right in the kisser, presumably?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011
    There's a distinct possibility I was drunk when said comment was posted. Then again, I could just be a dick! cheesy
  1. Stavroula wrote

oh, I remember the pain once I started after a month's hiatus. It's indeed funny how quickly you lose a steady condition if you have stopped for say a month or so. I'm back on track and hope to continue on a weekly basis, but at times it's hard.

I hope you find the will to continue, and of course the health to keep it going.

Go Go Stavi kiss
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011 edited
    What kind of fitness training are you doing Thomas?

Right now I'm doing repititions with a can of beer, each time I lift it it gets lighter.
  2. Timmer wrote

Right now I'm doing repititions with a can of beer, each time I lift it it gets lighter.

biggrin

Basic condition training of say 30 minutes per session: running, moonwalking, bicycling, stuff like that.

And then several 2 x 15 sessions of several weight exercises: chest, abs, shoulders, legs, stuff like that

Nothing too fancy, don't wanna turn in a bodybuilder type, just nice enough for me to say: here I am girls wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

biggrin

Basic condition training of say 30 minutes per session: running, moonwalking, bicycling, stuff like that.

And then several 2 x 15 sessions of several weight exercises: chest, abs, shoulders, legs, stuff like that

Nothing too fancy, don't wanna turn in a bodybuilder type, just nice enough for me to say: here I am girls wink

Moonwalking?
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

biggrin

Moonwalking?

hehe, no, I meant this
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012
    Yikes, I tried a jog today for the first time in God knows how long.

Quickly found out I had the stamina of an average soft ice, so it was basically a long walk with brief bursts of jogging.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Today marks my first day of physical activity in a long time. My jog will be tonight. This afternoon I lifted weights at the local gym and felt quite silly struggling so hard with weight that was easily 1/5 of what the guy next to me was doing shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    christopher wrote
    Today marks my first day of physical activity in a long time. My jog will be tonight. This afternoon I lifted weights at the local gym and felt quite silly struggling so hard with weight that was easily 1/5 of what the guy next to me was doing shame

Welcome to my world! Even when I was training regularly a few years ago, I never managed the heavy weights and always felt like you did. I'm simply not built that way, genetically. I have a more natural 'slim' look. Still, after a while I stopped to care. I'd let them do THEIR thing and I do my thing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012
    That's the right spirit Thor!
    Don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself to yourself: just try to do a bit better each time!
    wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2012
    Still training every other day since April this year. One of the few things still keeping me sane.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2012 edited
    Amazing.

I haven't worked out since July or thereabouts. After I returned from the US, it's been an exercise in laziness, couching and gluttony. I need to set a new goal.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. a new goal: no potato chips
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    a new goal: no potato chips

That's not a goal. That's science fiction. Won't happen.

No, I need a new travelling destination with an itinerary that requires lots of activity!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2012 edited
    Swimming the length of the Amazon from Brazil into the Andes mayhap?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    a new goal: no potato chips

That's not a goal. That's science fiction. Won't happen.

No, I need a new travelling destination with an itinerary that requires lots of activity!

Lets hike Sweden next year!

I thought you climbed a lot of patato bag mountains this year, so, seems legit in this discussions.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012
    I tried jogging my regular route today, and thought I was gonna die for every 100 meters. Geezes, how my shape has deteriorated since I came back from the US. Sure, it has been 3 months since my last jog and I've spent that time eating chips and candy and spending a lot of time in the sofa (when I wasn't at work), but still. My God. Half the distance was spent walking, not jogging.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012 edited
    biggrin

Still doing my 4 or 5km at least two times a week. More is impossible though and bores me to no end to run any longer. Love to do this in the cold weather these days!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    biggrin

Still doing my 4 or 5km at least two times a week. More is impossible though and bores me to no end to run any longer. Love to do this in the cold weather these days!

Oh stop it!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    I tried jogging my regular route today, and thought I was gonna die for every 100 meters. Geezes, how my shape has deteriorated since I came back from the US. Sure, it has been 3 months since my last jog and I've spent that time eating chips and candy and spending a lot of time in the sofa (when I wasn't at work), but still. My God. Half the distance was spent walking, not jogging.

You know what to do.....less p. chips, less candy...and more jogging! wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you