• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    Nikos Kypourgos - Fugitive Pieces (Syntrimmia Psyhis)
    Johan Söderqvist - Brødre (second copy)
    Pierre Van Dormael - Le Huitième Jour
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Joep wrote

I just saw FUGITIVE PIECES the other day. Quite nice film with a lovely score too.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. "Back to the Future"
    "Innerspace"

Both on the way; BTTF should be in the mailbox today. Really want, afraid it's gonna sell out before, but can't afford this second, "The Red Canvas". I'm holding out because I hear tale the new Varese Club batch will have something big in it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Thor wrote
    Joep wrote

I just saw FUGITIVE PIECES the other day. Quite nice film with a lovely score too.

Is it the Holocaust drama with Ayelet Zurer and... Armin Mueller-Stahl or whom?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Yes, but Rade Serbedzija is in it.
  3. Ah, right, sorry.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Merlin Series 2 - Rob Lane e.a.
    Rome - Jeff Beal
    Jesse Stone: Stone Cold - Jeff Beal

cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Rome? I thought that lousy score had zero fans. (i am sure some will pop up now though wink )
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's actually a very fine score, and one that's got me appreciating Beal more and more!
    (But I seem to remember you harbouring comparably oddball resentments against the eerily fascinating Carnivale, so you're probably just weird).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, Beal's music is not what you'd call accessible in any way. I am not the weird one, his music is. Not bad, but surely of eclectic tastes? Dunno, but he surely doesn't have that much of fans around from what i seem...and Rome was pretty bad to my ears, whilst the rest i've heard from him was just music i couldn't personally get. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bah! You're weird!
    <dismissive waving gesture>
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thor wrote
    Joep wrote

Is it the Holocaust drama with Ayelet Zurer and... Armin Mueller-Stahl or whom?

I wouldn't call it a Holocaust drama, though. It's more about the boy who escaped the Nazis in Poland, and his flashbacks to the time he grew up as a fugitive in Greece etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    THE ABYSS

At last, i got it. What a score by Alan Silvestri? Simply brilliant. punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorAD
    Hi everyone.
    I recently purchased Ponyo by Joe Hisaishi.
    To be honest I was shocked by the number of tracks (30 something), and I don't know if it has something to do with adventure in the sea because if i recall correctly Finding Nemo had almost 40 tracks which made it a difficult listen albeit having a beautiful main theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Great choice AD. It's a lovely score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    THE ABYSS

Yes, it's one of the first soundtrack CD's I bought back in the early 90's and also one of my top 5 favourite scores of all time. About time you got it! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Sunil wrote
    THE ABYSS

Yes, it's one of the first soundtrack CD's I bought back in the early 90's and also one of my top 5 favourite scores of all time. About time you got it! smile

Also one of my first buys. It's such a score that instantly makes its mark in the film IMO, much like Star Wars, Star Trek and many other classics of the time.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah...it's such a good drone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah...it's such a good drone.

You're right, it is good drone. The synths really work well against the alien backdrop of the story.

Plus the theme is one of Silvestri's best, which certainly isn't "drone".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, but there's always way better such material, like Solaris for instance (Martinez's version), or Moon. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    The Abyss has never managed to touch me. There's that wonderful choral track but the rest is too atonal for my taste.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, but there's always way better such material, like Solaris for instance (Martinez's version), or Moon. smile

I'm not the biggest fan of The Abyss but I'd rather be bolted to a chair with nails driven through my private parts and forced to listen to it for 85 years without interruption than ever have to hear Solaris again.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    keky wrote
    The Abyss has never managed to touch me. There's that wonderful choral track but the rest is too atonal for my taste.

It's not the atonality ( hell, I love a lot of atonal type music ) so much as it's pretty boring, however the score makes up for all that with that magnificent choral orchestral masterpiece of a cue for the rising of the alien ship.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've always loved the synths in The Abyss. But the last three cues are the highlight, plus 'Sub Battle' which is a pretty good action cue.

I love it all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    OK, I just read my review of The Abyss (written many years ago) and it seems I am, in fact, the score's biggest fan, so I reverse my previous statement that I wasn't. I don't think I've listened to it since I wrote that review, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    I've always loved the synths in The Abyss. But the last three cues are the highlight, plus 'Sub Battle' which is a pretty good action cue.

I love it all.

Exactamundo! The knife fight cue is very cool!
    I am extremely serious.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    I forgot face-palm-mt

Besides I don't think Lalaland does that? Ship regular releases?

I ordered mine through Screenarchives, and it's already shipped smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    keky wrote

True but i liked it. beer
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009 edited
    Recent arrivals:

Alien Empire - Martin Kiszko
    Dogora - Etienne Perruchon

(Both on recommendations from Tim.)

Battle of The Sexes - Martin Kiszko
    Phineas and Ferb - Various (a Christmas present for the children...honest)

Alien Empire's a real great find. Some really dramatic material on this one. Kiszko's Battle of The Sexes also has it's highlights but isn't of the same quality as Alien Empire.

I've yet to listen to Dogora.

(And some of the Phineas and Ferb songs are great!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn