• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009 edited
    HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE (Patrick Doyle)- Very good score by Patrick Doyle, i am glad that i got this score. Better late than never.

THE THREE MUSKETEERS (Michael Kamen) - This is one of my favorite score by Michael Kamen. I was searching for this score album for more than 5 years. At last, i got it at cheaper price. Only thing, i have to check the sound quality. However, i am quite happy and delighted with this purchase.

THE MASK OF ZORRO (James Horner) - First time in CD. Wow! superb score album based spanish style of music.

OMG! i am having great weekend. This is absolutely unbelievable. I never thought i would get these scores. Wow! Wow!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorAD
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    GOBLET OF FIRE is arguably the best score in the series, followed closely by Prisoner of Azkaban.
    Hope you enjoy the listen. Special mention to Neville's Waltz. It's my favourite track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    AD wrote
    GOBLET OF FIRE is arguably the best score in the series, followed closely by Prisoner of Azkaban.
    Hope you enjoy the listen. Special mention to Neville's Waltz. It's my favourite track.

We've been down this road before, but IMO it's AZKABAN and then there's everyone else. It's really in a league of its own. That said, GOBLET has a few nice pieces, especially - of course - "Harry in Winter", which I wish would have gone on a little bit longer. I prefer that over the bombastic action material.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    AD wrote

We've been down this road before, but IMO it's AZKABAN and then there's everyone else. It's really in a league of its own. That said, GOBLET has a few nice pieces, especially - of course - "Harry in Winter", which I wish would have gone on a little bit longer. I prefer that over the bombastic action material.

Entirely agreed. Goblet of Fire sounds great compared with the two that followed, but it's always hard following in the footsteps of Williams - and Azkaban was tremendous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Doyle went over-the-top a bit in GoF and it isn't as coherent as Williams' scores, but it's still a darn good effort by him that I play a lot (especially "The Dark Mark", "Voldemort" and the waltzes which are fantastic).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Recent arrivals:

Alien Empire - Martin Kiszko
    Dogora - Etienne Perruchon

(Both on recommendations from Tim.)

Battle of The Sexes - Martin Kiszko
    Phineas and Ferb - Various (a Christmas present for the children...honest)

Alien Empire's a real great find. Some really dramatic material on this one. Kiszko's Battle of The Sexes also has it's highlights but isn't of the same quality as Alien Empire.

I've yet to listen to Dogora.

(And some of the Phineas and Ferb songs are great!)

Alien Empire punk beer

p.s. Dogora? Never heard it. Different Tim mayhap?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    Alien Empire punk beer

Nope, I wasn't even close. It was Martin (Tintin).

Thanks, Martin, for the recommendation of Dogora.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Timmer wrote

You will like it, Tim! Think of Conan The Barbarian but with a children's chorus and replace the epic element with celebration!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Conan!??? shocked punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    AD wrote

Disagree. POA is best score in the series after that Chamber of Secrets then maybe Goblet of Fire.

POA contains very powerful and strong theme called A Window to the Past. I don't see any great theme in Goblet of Fire. I agree one thing Goblet of Fire is really good score but not as great as POA.
    • CommentAuthorAD
    I agree that Window to the Past is the most fitting theme written for harry's memories of his family. To be honest, the down part about the scores that came after Azkaban was that this theme was never used again. We saw the main theme used. Snippets of the flying theme. In the latest score we also heard phrases from quidditch (track 13) in the Azkaban score, which was wonderful.
    Since they're making two films out of the last book, i hope to see more connection in terms of themes. I hope JW scores the last two films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JOHN BARRY - dances with wolves
    CLIFF EIDELMAN - triumph of the spirit

on Vinyls, listening to Dances with wolves, beautiful.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    JOHN BARRY - dances with wolves
    CLIFF EIDELMAN - triumph of the spirit

on Vinyls, listening to Dances with wolves, beautiful.

angelic love
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's such a perfect musical work in all aspects, really it has absolutely no fault..it's one of those scores that make me wonder how someone got so inspired by a film...and also makes me mad about Barry not getting any works for the last 5 years or so...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    From a self centred viewpoint I would love Barry to continue film scoring, according to those in the know ( over at the Barry e-groups ) he still gets offers but seems to turn them all down, he seems to be in retirement but this has never officially been confirmed, if that's the case then why shouldn't he enjoy the rest of his life with his family and without the hassles of modern film scoring, he sure has earned it and left a legendary legacy.
  2. I suppose you're right. He's done enough to merit retirement and should now live on knowing he has done his share for music lovers all over the world. If he doesn't want to do any more scoring, that's his god given right.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    * Battlestar Galactica Season 2 - Bear McReary
    * Battlestar Galactica Season 3 - Bear McReary
    The two best of the Battlestar soundtracks. After having been on the fence, and repeated listens to evaluation copies, it's pretty clear these definitely warrant a purchase.
    * Terminator: Salvation - Danny Elfman
    It growls. It menaces. It rocks.
    * Too Human (video game score) - Steve Henifin
    Soundtrack to some Viking sort of XBox game? A bit of an impulse buy. It wasn't expensive, and I really liked the preview tracks. The game, allegedly, is shit. (But what would I care? My main games console is a Commodore 64 emulator. cool )
    * Love With Proper Stranger/Girl Named Tamiko - Elmer Bernstein
    The new Kritzerland release. The sound clips were just lovely! Absolutely charming.
    * Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Bear McReary
    I seriously enjoy how McReary has adapted and updated Fiedel's landmark electronic soundscaping to an eminently listenable, very engaging TV score. Excellent work!
    * The Black Stallion - Georges Delerue
    ...Delerue. love

The bad news is none of it will come in before Christmas. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    THE EXORCIST

Very different soundtrack album but i liked it. It contains lot of atonal and creepy music, which is completely different to my taste. I think we should listen to this score album at night time, it would definitely give us chill and scary moment. freezing This is one of the best horror soundtrack. punk

I have a question on this album regarding Mike Oldfield Tubular bells, i just want to know whether the track "Georgetown/Tubular bells" is the original version or rearranged one. Just a year ago, my friend gave me a track of Tubular bell but arrangements are totally different. Does anyone know about this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    Martijn wrote

People often omit this from this year's best scores, but this is what this work really is in all aspects. Great Elfman beast.
  3. Martijn wrote
    * Too Human (video game score) - Steve Henifin
    Soundtrack to some Viking sort of XBox game? A bit of an impulse buy. It wasn't expensive, and I really liked the preview tracks. The game, allegedly, is shit. (But what would I care? My main games console is a Commodore 64 emulator. cool )

This one has some really enjoyable tracks.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause

Alan, my beacon in the dark.
    I knew that if anyone'd know this one, it'd be you!

(How do you find the time to listen to it all, though???)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    * Battlestar Galactica Season 2 - Bear McReary
    * Battlestar Galactica Season 3 - Bear McReary
    The two best of the Battlestar soundtracks. After having been on the fence, and repeated listens to evaluation copies, it's pretty clear these definitely warrant a purchase.

McCreary. Jeez, don't you know anything? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Double C? What is he, some kind of snob?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No, you're thinking of William Waldegrave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ahhh, old Double-double-U
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Martijn wrote

* Love With Proper Stranger/Girl Named Tamiko - Elmer Bernstein
    The new Kritzerland release. The sound clips were just lovely! Absolutely charming.

This caught my eye and I'm checking the samples now. Agree with you! It's lovely.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    THE EXORCIST

Very different soundtrack album but i liked it. It contains lot of atonal and creepy music, which is completely different to my taste. I think we should listen to this score album at night time, it would definitely give us chill and scary moment. freezing This is one of the best horror soundtrack. punk

I have a question on this album regarding Mike Oldfield Tubular bells, i just want to know whether the track "Georgetown/Tubular bells" is the original version or rearranged one. Just a year ago, my friend gave me a track of Tubular bell but arrangements are totally different. Does anyone know about this?

It's hard to say Sunil, I haven't heard the version in the film for a long time but I seem to remember it being the original, also a few years ago there was a re-recording of Tubular Bells so maybe that's what your friend gave you!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote

People often omit this from this year's best scores, but this is what this work really is in all aspects. Great Elfman beast.

Naaaaaaah!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote

Naaaaaaah!

-Erik-

confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009
    Yaaaaaaah!