• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009 edited
    It might not surprise anyone but Elfman's Terminator was a *shrug* score for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote

* Terminator: Salvation - Danny Elfman
    It growls. It menaces. It rocks.

People often omit this from this year's best scores, but this is what this work really is in all aspects. Great Elfman beast.

Naaaaaaah!

-Erik-

confused

It's Ok... but not best of the year quality.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    It might not surprise anyone but Elfman's Terminator was a *shrug* score for me.

Me too. But shrugs of delight! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I thought it was OK but not as good as Elfman usually is.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Me too. But shrugs of delight! smile

Well, I like Elfman a lot more than I used to Thor but this score did nothing for me whatsoever, it was servicable in the crappy film ( doing what it's supposed to do except for those excruciating guitar bits ).
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    I thought it was OK but not as good as Elfman usually is.

I agree. Though I loved it myself! I'm just a fan of its growling, menacing nature.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009 edited
    Georges Delerue - Black Stallion Returns
    Elmer Bernstein - Love With The Proper Stranger / A Girl Named Tamiko / Blame it on Martijn
    Christian Henson - Secret of Moonacre

Wanted to buy The Red Canvas from MovieMusic but they're out of stock sad Looks like it might not last much longer in other outlets as well.
  1. Screenarchives.com still has it. Just ordered it yesterday.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote

* Terminator: Salvation - Danny Elfman
    It growls. It menaces. It rocks.

People often omit this from this year's best scores, but this is what this work really is in all aspects. Great Elfman beast.

Naaaaaaah!

-Erik-

confused

It's Ok... but not best of the year quality.

-Erik-

You'd be the last one i'd expect not to like Elfman's TERMINATOR smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Nils Petter Molvær - Re-Vision
    Peer Raben - Berlin Alexanderplatz
    Vangelis - The Musical World of Vangelis
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    You'd be the last one i'd expect not to like Elfman's TERMINATOR smile

I don't hate it... I'm just not gushing about it! It's alright but there is far better out there.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    justin boggan wrote
    Screenarchives.com still has it. Just ordered it yesterday.

Yeah, and now MovieMusic has it back in stock. crazy
  2. BhelPuri wrote
    Elmer Bernstein - Love With The Proper Stranger / A Girl Named Tamiko / Blame it on Martijn

I think that you'll find it's the boogie you need to blame...according to the song.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think that was even Michael Jackson's main defense in court.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I recently got Flesh & Bone by Thomas Newman. I haven't gotten much of a chance to listen to it. The first listen was in the worst place possible, on the busy freeway, so I couldn't hear much of it. smile Looking forward to a deeper listen today.
  4. Bought Carl Davis' Cranford as a download. I haven't listened to it yet (it took ages for this to get sorted via Davis' site).

From what I've heard of it so far it sounds fine to me. Which some people may not believe because it seems that it's sold as a ~150 kbps mp3. (Must be my archaic ears not picking up the subtle nuances of over-the-top compression!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    FERNGULLY: THE LAST RAINFOREST - ALAN SILVESTRI

This is quite surprise from Alan Silvestri where he highly relied upon synthesizers just like Vangelis, Brad Fiedel and Zimmer. However, it just sounds good. Most interesting stuff, they included the natural sound effect of rainforest, birds giggling, rain drops and beautifully accompanied by Alan's music. Overall, this is quite different score purchase for me.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  5. BhelPuri wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Why so frustrated, if you got the spare cash, order it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Why so frustrated, if you got the spare cash, order it.

Oh, not frustrated. It's just that I didn't want to spend much and I wanted Red Canvas but ended up ordering something else to be eligible for the $1 shipping. Now that it's back in stock I need to club it with another order. Just don't want to spend now.
  6. You're gonna miss it... ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009
    THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON

This is my first purchase score album of Alexander Desplat. Hmmm... i am yet to listen to this score completely. Only thing i just have to skip the disc 2. smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  7. Sunil wrote
    THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON

This is my first purchase score album of Alexander Desplat. Hmmm... i am yet to listen to this score completely. Only thing i just have to skip the disc 2. smile

good luck with that, it is boring stuff
    perfect though if you have a hard time falling to sleep smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Has anyone ordered or received Poledouris A Whale For The Killing yet?
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009 edited
    Ordered the day they announced (November 10th). Not received (yet, I hope)...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not even a shipping notice?
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    From buysoundtrax??? Are you kidding, right?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, I've heard about their service so I ordered from SAE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I ordered from BSX, but no news yet either.
    I'll let you know when it comes in (everything has so far in my many years of dealing with them, and yes, I am aware of their rather tarnished reputation. Happy to keep on giving them the benefit of the doubt though.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    I ordered from BSX, but no news yet either.

Ha!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So negative are you! tongue