• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    But you also mentioned Michael who is the only one who has a clearly positive opinion on the score though wink

He's the only one apart from the other people who do, you mean?

I guess Steven was mentioning people who tend to be a little more discerning in giving out their opinions than those who jump on bandwagons and change their minds every few minutes (not that there's anything wrong with the latter - it's human nature).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    You guess correctly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    Recent gifts:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Stardust
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    William wrote
    Recent gifts:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Stardust

You seems to be very luckiest guy on Earth. I envy you. You get all the gifts in the form of Score albums. Damn! you are making me jealous over you.

All the best. smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The luckiest guy in the world for getting those 2 scores as presents?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    The luckiest guy in the world for getting those 2 scores as presents?

He often gets the gifts in the form of score albums. That's why he is quite lucky guy. wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, for that indeed! smile You're right. But for stardust and harry crapper, i'd say he's not so lucky tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Stardust is a nice, enjoyable fantasy score. I like it a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    Stardust is a nice, enjoyable fantasy score. I like it a lot.

What's wrong with HBP? This is also damn good score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah, for that indeed! smile You're right. But for stardust and harry crapper, i'd say he's not so lucky tongue

I think he enjoyed Stardust score. And he told me that he would listen to HBP later on. So, let us what William say on these both scores. Maybe, for you HBP is crapper, for me its super. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I don't see I said anything about HBP being bad. Though I understand if others don't like it, especially if they're used to Williams' brilliant material (it took me quite some listens to appreciate HBP more, I still don't like some of it).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know i know, i am happy with anyone who enjoys them, i am just teasing you smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    i am just teasing you smile

What? then, you are banned. biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Hey... tongue LOL Demetris, by gifts, I mean my kind girlfriend was good enough to bring over those two scores which I bought for her as gifts and allow me to upload them to my iTunes to have copies. wink I didn't waste money on them, nor are they actual Christmas gifts I received. I have no real loss (other than my time listening to them, if they're really that bad!). cool

EDIT: It's early in the morning and I'm not thinking straight. Looking back at my post, I obviously did spend money on them, when I originally bought them for her... face-palm-mt dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    This REALLY reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer bought Marge this superduper bowling ball he always wanted for her birthday...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ah, she likes film scores too? That's cool bud. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Yes, she likes them too. Along with classical and jazz. Her and I are two peas in a pod. biggrin Though I must admit, I'm the more musical of the two of us; while music is my top passion, reading and writing is hers. Still, though, both very creative and artistic things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote
    This REALLY reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer bought Marge this superduper bowling ball he always wanted for her birthday...

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I did something tonight I never thought I'd do... I bought something from the Twilight franchise. But, in my defense, it's the unashamedly romantic score by Desplat, which I had to have after falling in love with the main theme in The Meadow and Full Moon (despite the horrid Melrose Place look of the teenagers on the cover...).

The look by the teenage girl at the counter was a bit worrysome though... never saw a more enthusiastic cassier, mumbling something along the lines of 'hey... I didn't know anything about this CD...'.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009
    Joe Hisaishi - Hana-Bi
  1. Joep wrote
    Joe Hisaishi - Hana-Bi

ow, that could have been mine, if I ever got to Rotterdam sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Was in Scotland this weekend and had to spend an extra day there because of the weather - I decided to stay off the roads yesterday because of the snow moving south through Scotland and the north of England.

Travelling back today was a bit stressful in places but arriving back home this afternoon we were disappointed to find no snow at all here in North Wales.

But waiting for me on the doorstep was Kritzerland's Love With The Proper Stranger / A Girl Named Tamiko, which I'm looking forward to listening to. And I'll be downloading A Single Man later.

I also picked up An Angel In Cracow based upon the clips from Abel Korzeniowski's site. Nice!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
    Just received Morricone's The Untouchables for Christmas. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    William wrote
    Just received Morricone's The Untouchables for Christmas. cheesy

Utterly brilliant score! cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Already posted one at Now Playing thread, but anyway...

Dangerous Beauty - George Fenton
    Casper - James Horner
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    Fabian Römer - Die Tür
    Dan Geesin - Kan Door Huid Heen (Dutch)
    Ennio Morricone & Carel Kraayenhof - Guardians of the Clouds (proud to be Dutch)
    Stribor Kusturica - Zavet
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Joep wrote
    Stribor Kusturica - Zavet

Is he related to the DIRECTOR Kusturica?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Son of
  4. Joep wrote
    Fabian Römer - Die Tür

I quite like this score from Römer. Tracks such as the cimbalom-tinged "Ein Neues Leben" is a particular favourite, with it's Bond-styled strings.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Recent download purchases:

Morirás en Chafarinas - Bernardo Bonezzi. The Arabian influence of this score is quite appealing indeed!
    Coco & Igor - Gabriel Yared. This could turn out to be my favourite Yared score. Thanks Michael!
    Mirrors - Javier Navarrete. I can't believe I've not heard this one before. Love the main titles theme.
    Sherlock Holmes - Hans Zimmer. I'm currently intrigued by Zimmer's orchestrations as well as the jaunty nature of this score. How long it lasts before it just gets annoying is unclear at present!!
    Préjudices - Arnaud de Buchy
    Planet Hulk - Guy Michelmore. My most recent foray into Michelmore's "Hulk scores" (on the heels of Hulk vs Thor & Hulk vs Wolverine). Some great action scoring.
    Daybreakers - Christopher Gordon

Saved a bit on S&H!