• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010
    This last December and January, composer Danny Elfman was at the Sony Scoring Stage in Culver City, CA, to record the score to his twelfth feature collaboration with director Tim Burton, Disney's Alice in Wonderland. The 3D film stars Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway, Michael Sheen, Stephen Fry, Alan Rickman and Mia Wasikowska in the title role, and ScoringSessions.com is thrilled to bring our readers exclusive photos from the scoring session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote
    I can't see what's go great about the Alice main theme, but it's been in my head all day!

It's cinematic and magical. 2 qualities we rarely get today. It reminds eras past.

I've been warming up greatly to the whole Elfman score for Alice. It's pretty wonderful, one cay say. It's essentially his older trademarked sound, only more mature than ever. Absolutely delightful, he surely is one of the most notable composers working around. You can say that the last 3 years have been extremely good for him. beer

I don't know why but this Demetris comment really surprises me. My favorite moto is "expect the unexpected" so fine! I was hooked on Alice... Alicccccce...... Alllllllice too this week. It really sticks in your head.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Excellent photos! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010
    Audio interview with Danny Elfman about Alice - http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=5128
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010
    Nice! thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010
    Here the (for me almost not understandable) lyrics:
    http://www.cinemusic.net/2010/02/19/fro … me-lyrics/

How many miles to Wonderland?
    Please tell us so we’ll understand
    Alice!…Alice!…Oh, Alice!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Elfman writes and wildest, zaniest lyrics out there. I consider his songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas to be the crème de la crème!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    Ha, finally... the Gothic Elfman is back. I think the last full priced cd I bought from Elfman was Sleepy Hollow. I really dig his 'new' score to Wolfman, I picked it up right away... its a kind of score that you can explore... a nice brooding dark landscape. Love it.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Elfman writes and wildest, zaniest lyrics out there. I consider his songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas to be the crème de la crème!

-Erik-

ALICE here.

Nightmare before Christmas, right about here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nightmare Before Christmas is a fan favourite, personally it's just not a sound that I like.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The Nightmare Before Christmas is a masterpiece I revisit very often.
    It's just an absolute joy, and one of the most creative things ever put together (and now I'm not even mentioning the wonderful film the score accompanies!). I absolutely adore it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The film IS a joy, the score works perfectly.

I have the film on DVD, it's one that I can watch many times but I wouldn't play the soundtrack individually*

*not a problem that I have as I don't have it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can understand why people might not warm to Nightmare Before Christmas. It's very... BurtonElfmanesque... which is certainly not for everyone!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    It's very... BurtonElfmanesque...

That´s it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I couldn't think of a good adjective for it...
    Shut up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    I couldn't think of a good adjective for it...
    Shut up.

Not an adjective tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hence "I couldn't think of a good adjective..." wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

ALICE here.

Nightmare before Christmas, right about here.

Oh, I see again that you have no idea what you are talking about. tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heheh. The reason why i LOVE Alice is because he finally managed to make that BurtonElfmanesque sound actually mature and listenable wink Adding more coherent forms that don't change and jump around all the time, and also made the whole sound darker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Heheh. The reason why i LOVE Alice is because he finally managed to make that BurtonElfmanesque sound actually mature and listenable wink Adding more coherent forms that don't change and jump around all the time, and also made the whole sound darker.

A lot of Alice can be found in almost EVERY SINGLE Burton/Elfman score... even the zany, wacky ones that you seem to hate. And if you are looking for more of that tongue-in-cheek brilliance found in Alice's theme it's ALL OVER Nightmare Before Chrsitmas where Elfman I think was his most inspired!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010 edited
    I've always scratched my head in wonderment over why I couldn't get into the Burtonelfmanesque sound that I, according to the statistics, should love. And, to be honest, I can't see why Alice is the exception. It certainly does all the things so very right in places where Elfman did them right in previous Burton efforts. Yet it's still lacking a soul, or the emotional core. It's still fun though, yet in the very same way that, say, Corpse Bride or Big Fish are as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    I think the Burtonelfmanesque sound is a true Marmite side of film music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I think the Burtonelfmanesque sound is a true Marmite side of film music.

Very true! Some of his stuff will do nothing for me and yet something similar of his will float my boat. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BobdH wrote

Ha! Bob! How is everything going?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    Floating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010 edited
    Bregt wrote
    BobdH wrote

Ha! Bob! How is everything going?

Bregt! Hiya! I'm fine, how are you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010
    Tim Burton's secret formula (features "Danny Elfman" too): cheesy
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1929453
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010 edited
    Hah! You beat me to it, no kidding, I was about to post that. dizzy

after seeing it on an FSM thread