• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Bregt wrote
    Yes. JNH was Composer of the Year last year, and he did attend. In a lot of cases, this composer returns the year after and gives a concert. Hans Zimmer has been mentioned in a news letter, but more as an example of a "top composer".

oh man, I'm already fainting now smile

but I expect JNH to be there, nothing less punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009
    I voted for Wolfram de Marco's score to Loft. Not the most enjoyable listening experience on cd, but its 14 minutes long string pizzicato piece did really set the mood during the movie. It was either that or Clint Mansell's The Wrestler. Somehow I didn't hear anything that really pleased me this year...
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Star Trek gets my vote. It's by no means the best score of the year, but it's certainly the most fitting in context of the movie and has the most addictive theme I've heard in ages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Motif.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Motif.

Keep hammering, it'll sink in one day wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    Don't forgt to vote for your favourite score of the past 12 months, for the World Soundtrack Public Choice Award:
    http://www.worldsoundtrackacademy.com/n … mp;lang=en

I got some more information about the concerts:

14 October: Concert at the Handelsbeurs, names to be announced later
    15 October: Shigeru Umebayashi in Concert, at the Vooruit Ghent
    17 October: World Soundtrack Awards, 9th Edition

I asked if JNH would be attending and do a concert, as he was composer of the year last year, but so far, this is not planned.
    Kazoo
  2. Bregt wrote
    Don't forgt to vote for your favourite score of the past 12 months, for the World Soundtrack Public Choice Award:

I got some more information about the concerts:

14 October: Concert at the Handelsbeurs, names to be announced later
    15 October: Shigeru Umebayashi in Concert, at the Vooruit Ghent
    17 October: World Soundtrack Awards, 9th Edition

I asked if JNH would be attending and do a concert, as he was composer of the year last year, but so far, this is not planned.

Handelsbeurs? Were the bloody hell is that again?
    It is weird though that for now, nothing's announced yet! Either they are working hard to give us huge celebrities, or they have stinkers and it will be a dud confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote

Why is it not possible to vote for Iglesias' CHE? confused
    It wasn't even composed yet before the last edition, so this score is just unable to win at all? What's fair about that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

That's at the Kouter

It is weird though that for now, nothing's announced yet! Either they are working hard to give us huge celebrities, or they have stinkers and it will be a dud confused

Shigeru is announced. I' looking forward to that actually!

I find it a bit rude to say 'duds' since each year, I seem to have a great time, and I'm constantly surprised at how interesting they keep their programme. Big names are of course spectacular, but last year's Yared's concert was way more special to me than the Williams concert, even though it obviously was awesome too. wink
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

That's at the Kouter

Shigeru is announced. I' looking forward to that actually!

I find it a bit rude to say 'duds' since each year, I seem to have a great time, and I'm constantly surprised at how interesting they keep their programme. Big names are of course spectacular, but last year's Yared's concert was way more special to me than the Williams concert, even though it obviously was awesome too. wink

ow cool, Handelsbeurs! Were we had Craig Armstrong?
    Now that's an amazing venue, hope to see a good concert there
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009
    No, that was de Vlaamse Opera. Handelsbeurs is a bit more to the left when you're in front of it.
    Kazoo
  4. Bregt wrote
    No, that was de Vlaamse Opera. Handelsbeurs is a bit more to the left when you're in front of it.

uh oh, I hope this doesn't mean that it is smaller sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009
    Smaller than Vlaamse Opera concerning capacity when seated (almost 400 people), but if it is a standing concert (I doubt it) 800 people can join.
    Kazoo
  5. Bregt wrote
    Smaller than Vlaamse Opera concerning capacity when seated (almost 400 people), but if it is a standing concert (I doubt it) 800 people can join.

is that for the Shigeru concert?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009 edited
    No, that is in the Vooruit. See agenda.
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote

I didn't say duds concerning the last couple of years, but it is strange we haven't heard anything yet, I find that strange and I am therefore a bit on alert
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009
    The guests and concert programme of WSA is announced: Alexandre Desplat and Marvin Hamlish are guests of honour:
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ck-awards/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Is this getting more exclusive and less for the actual filmmusic lover each year, or is it my imagination? I mean, do we have to e-mail now to get a few of the remaining tickets instead of being able to order them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Really? I thought it was not yet announced where to buy tickets.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I just read the price for a ticket, with reception: 75 EUR. What the hell!?
    Kazoo
  7. Bregt wrote
    I just read the price for a ticket, with reception: 75 EUR. What the hell!?

are they ...ing kidding me?
    Bregt, if you can get your hands on free tickets, now's the chance wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009 edited
    Programme WSA:

Marvin Hamlish (Livetime Achievement Award)
    The Way We Were, A Chorus Line and Sophie’s Choice. He will also conduct. ANyone has experience on those ones?

Marc Streitenfield
    Body of Lies and American Gangster

Alexandre Desplat (the whole second half of the event)
    See seperate thread
    Kazoo
  8. I can't say this is my thing. If they had brought in only one big name composer it would've been sweet, but no. Maybe I'll pass on it for this year.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    What about the Shigeru concert Gilles?
    Kazoo
  9. I'll have to think about it, I'm very specific about these things, as in very hard to persuade. I need to have music in the concert that I know or at least a composer I like.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    I'm very hard to persuade

You should come.

Or you will regret it for the rest of your life.
    And you might be killed.
    And you will definitely suffer night mares.
    Kazoo
  10. It isn't what most would have wanted, but at least it will be fun, new material is always fun
    consider me there

DreamTheater wrote
    I can't say this is my thing. If they had brought in only one big name composer it would've been sweet, but no. Maybe I'll pass on it for this year.

don't think this is your cup of tea as well, make the right choice and save your money instead for next year
  11. Like saving my money is such a problem for me.

But it's because the music has to interest me too. I'm not too fond of this new batch of composers, Desplat doesn't do it for me at all. And no I will not suffer nightmares because of it. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    Woot? 75???!! Have they gone mad? shocked
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    Yes. But it includes reception with composers et al. But I'm not sure that is the right direction for attracting fans...
    Kazoo